Snakes In Fort Wilderness / Weather

Disney Campers

DIS Veteran
Well it finally happened, we saw a snake in fort WIlderness, it was our last day and we were packing things up, it was in the brush / trees between the sites, about 3 feet long and black, I guess it was bound to happen eventually. On the Friday night we arrived about 9:00 pm and it looked like a monsoon, the water was about 6 - 10 inches deep, trees down all over the campground - some blocking roads and loops, We asked the CM at check in how long it was raining he said about an hour, we still had standing water in the middle of the week.

We stayed in 931 first night then moved to 1221 which was a nice big site, i was quite disapointed on the site they had assigned us, way to small and cramped, we tried to change that night but could not find a site we liked with all the rain and standing water.

Any idea what kind of snake it was? When we were over at Discovery Island (before they closed), we saw a water mocassin and it looked black. Maybe that's what you saw, since it was so wet. Did you report it? They like to know those things.

Well, I'm glad you stayed away from it! There's a way to ruin a vacation! LOL!

We saw it as we were leaving, it did not bother us and we did not bother it, I did not report it, it appeared to be same type as the ones we saw at the water parks which we were told were harmless, I dislike snakes period, so i had no intentions of getting very close to it, the campground was damp and that probably contributed to us seeing the snake.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: okay it doesnt matter to me brown black purple green Us good ole boys just dont dont care for those varmits!!!!!And im sure this will get a few feathers rilled up A good snake is a dead snake ! at least in my book!!Sorry Marlin Perkins and Jim fowler:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I like snakes! (as long as I know it's not poisonous!) We have garter snakes (harmless) in our yard and I'm always moving them when I'm mowing the lawn, so I don't hurt them! LOL! Yesterday, we found a bright blue snake!! We don't have poisonous snakes in our area, so I knew I was safe - but it was very pretty!

But, I'm with you on the spiders!! Yuck!! I make my husband kill them in the house! I can't even bring myself to grab it with a paper towel, like he does! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Well, if i happen to ever run into one there will be no need to notify anyone. Every one on the WDW compound will hear me scream!!!!!:earseek: Little lizards, cool. Frogs, awesome. Spiders, as long as they aren't in my hair - no problem. Snakes - Kill it, kill it, kill it. They can regulate the echosystem someplace else thank you very much!

- lori (camping with one eye open from now on, thanks.)

LOL Lori!! I could just see you jumping up and down, yelling "kill it kill it kill it!" You'd probably scare it to death! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :smooth:

Okay thanks everyone i thought i was the only who felt that way !!!!! I still dont care for spiders or snakes!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

When we were there in September we saw a black snake in the ladies locker room by the small pool. We called on the house phone and they came right down and removed it. We actually had a good laugh we sent my sister in law into the locker room to get something and she let out this loud scream!

As much as I hate snakes, the non-poisonous ones do provide a service by ridding the area of other animals such as small rodents. Also the is a limit to the number of snakes an enviroment can sustain and the more non-poisonous snakes the less room fo the poisonous ones.
Rain will bring the snakes out where we see them as they are looking for dry land the same as man. My daughter saw a black snake living under the cabin the last time we stayed there. She reported it to castmembers. Unfortunately snakes are a part of the Florida enviroment. Btw I have a lawn service so I won't have to deeal with the snakes. Lawn people can do that.

Also for the spider haters, they rid the enviroment of nuisance bugs including mosquitos.

yES SPIDERS AND SNAKES DO HAVE A GOOD REASON TO BE AROUND , BUT NOT AROUND ME!!!!!!!! I m sure the good lord has more insite to the eco system than i do !!!! But i dont tell bacteria how to take care of my septic tank.lol lol!!!!:D :D :D :D :jester: :jester:

Beware!!!! I saw a very large snake on the jungle cruise. LOL. My Wife in scared of snake too. Our kids found a dead one on the road near our site. You find all kinds of wild life camping. That one reason we love it.

Kilroys

FW 03??
FW 01
FW 76
FW 72

:) :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter