• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So confused about ADRS??

kdm2865

Earning My Ears
I thought I couldn't book until 180 days? Now I keep seeing 180+10? I'm passed the 180+10 mark but my 180 day mark isn't for another day. If we can't get into any of the restaurants I want I'll be pretty upset. I know food might not be that important to some but it's a big part of the experience for us and for so much money spent on a vacation I want to be able to eat where I want, if that's not possible I may seriously reconsider going :(

I thought I couldn't book until 180 days? Now I keep seeing 180+10? I'm passed the 180+10 mark but my 180 day mark isn't for another day. If we can't get into any of the restaurants I want I'll be pretty upset. I know food might not be that important to some but it's a big part of the experience for us and for so much money spent on a vacation I want to be able to eat where I want, if that's not possible I may seriously reconsider going :(

The way I understand it is that once you're at 180 days from day 1 of your stay, you can make dining reservations for day 1 plus the next ten days of your stay. I've seen that the system rolls over around 6am each day, so starting at 6am when you're 180 days out you can start on your reservations. Hope that helps!

Put your hard to get reservations at end of your trip as it makes it easier to get them.

Your first few days might be harder to get exactly what you want at your prefered time because people that check in a few days before you have already been able to book restaurants for that day.

honestly I'm not all that concerned about times, other than I don't want to be eating dinner at 10PM. We're flexible as far as that goes.

Remember the 180 + 10 is ONLY a perk for Disney Resort guest holding a reservation at one of their resorts. Guest staying offsite or locals can only book 180 for that one day.

Remember the 180 + 10 is ONLY a perk for Disney Resort guest holding a reservation at one of their resorts. Guest staying offsite or locals can only book 180 for that one day.

I saw that, we're staying at POFQ though.

If you are booking online, you need to attach your resort reservation to your ADRs...it will open up the calendar for your first day of arrival plus the next 10 days. You do this when you choose your restaurant. Just pick the first (most important restaurant to you) and open it up to book...right above where you choose the date and time, there is an option for attaching your resort reservation with your ADRS.

You need to make sure that, if there are any letters in your resort reservation, to capitalize them. Make sure you have the correct arrival date. Also make sure you type in the correct last name (I read on a thread that the husband made the resort reservation with Jr. at the end of his last name and the wife forgot to put the Jr. at the end of the name when she was trying to attach the reservation).

HTH

Its not 180 + 10 = 190 days out...

180 + 10 means you can make your ADRs at 180 days from arrival as well as the next 10 days after your arrival.

My arrival day is Sept. 22nd. My 180 days is March 26th. I not only made the ADRs for Sept. 22nd...but for the next 10 days as well (so...Sept. 23, Sept. 24, Sept. 25, etc)

Otherwise, as a PP said...if you are not staying at a resort or do not have a resort reservation yet, then you need to get up every morning and make one reservation per day.

HTH.

This is all good information but what if you are DVCer and staying at a DVC resort, will the online booking accept the DVC reservation number?

Also, those you have booked online, did you get your choice of times (especially times you wanted)?

This is all good information but what if you are DVCer and staying at a DVC resort, will the online booking accept the DVC reservation number?

Also, those you have booked online, did you get your choice of times (especially times you wanted)?

I booked online for our xmas dvc vacation at OKW with no problems at 6am on the day I could. You need to link your reservation number to your adr process, then it is very easy. We got everything we wanted and an email confirmation right after. Last xmas it was only 90 days out and we were fine. We can call June 26 for our 12/26/10 trip.

Connears

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter