So how do you know what appetizers are on the DDP?Have you been denied your choices a

FINFAN

Mom to Tinkbell
The DDP literature states "appetizer" which would mean any on the menu to me, but I am reading reports of people recently using DDP ( and not during free promo) being told appetizers are limited to 2 or 3 choices...not everywhere, but some places. :confused3 You have to pay so far out in advance for the current DDP package, that I am concerned menus/choices are going to change...and then if we drop the package we are hit with the cancellation penalty. Not to quibble, but has anyone been told they are limited to a small/specific selection from the appetizer menu, and then asked why, as the DDP description does not state that on the "rules"? It just does not seem right to advertise as including appetizer, select the place of choice after researching likes/dislikes of menus...but then once at a restaurant being told the choices are limited. In our case, kids love onion rings. One ADR we have made is Concourse. I just read that the appetizer is limited ot salad or soup, but the kids were hoping for the onion rings. If we have to start payin OOP, the free DDP is no longer a valur to us.
Anyone find that they were denied too many options?

Pam

The only restaurants with a lot of exceptions are some of the WS restaurants and even Teppanyaki is the only restaurant with real restrictions.

The major issue seems to be Sushi, in some restaurants the sushi sampler is priced like an entree and might be excluded. The other issue is the sampler platters which are sized and priced for sharing.

I was far more surprised with what is included than with what is excluded.

how do you know what appetizers are on the DDP?
To answer your question even more directly, though: Ask! Tell your server when you arrive that you're on the Dining Plan, and don't think twice about asking, "What on the menu is included/excluded from the Dining Plan?"

I'm one for pushing the limit and we were able to make out like bandits on the dining plan, but we were careful to ask all the right questions when ordering. I'll go as far as to say, I have no problem paying for the dining plan; although, our first experience was with the promotion last year for free dining.

Many took the plan too far at the beginning of the program and that's why some limits were placed but those restrictions are few by comparison to what you can get. There are appetizers that are meant to serve 2 to 4 people. Some diners were trying to get those appetizers to count as one choice. Way at the beginning when the plan was brand new some diners were able to do it. The servers were pushing it; because, their tip was related to what you ordered. As the dining plan gained momentum and the restaurants realized exactly what was going on they had to adjust for these inadequencies.

You can always call the restaurants ahead of time direct and ask specific questions, if you are truly that concerned about it. I wouldn't sweat it, but we are all different. The dining plan is not for everyone. Some don't want to eat that much in a day. We enjoy the dining experiences at Disney World; so, it's part of the fun for us. I'm totally in favor of the dining plan and I won't go to Disney World without it, now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter