So...is it true that BCV's is now utilizing "room ready" for reservations?

Scoootch

DIS Veteran
Hey all! :wave2:

Just wondering after reading another thread....is it true that BCV's is now utilizing "room ready" ? I'm going to try to book there when the 7month window comes up for my Little brother and his bride for their honeymoon and am just wondering. When we stayed there in Sept./Oct. of 04' they were on pre-assigned room requests for reservations and we did great. Just want to know what to expect.

TIA!:wave:

First let me say , what a nice gift for your little brother!

I have given up on trying to figure out when DVC is using room ready or not! ;) It truly seems to change from week to week. I really think it has more to do with seasonal changes. I think they preassign with holidays and when they are heavily booked, and then just rely on room ready when things aren't quite as hectic. I know that one time when we checked in at VWL on Memorial Day weekend, I was told that the rooms were preassigned because they were completely booked. Not sure if it has changed, but that's my 2 cents on the subject! If you are close enough by, I would check them in early that day if possible, just to be sure you are covered either way!

ErinC said:
First let me say , what a nice gift for your little brother!

I have given up on trying to figure out when DVC is using room ready or not! ;) It truly seems to change from week to week. I really think it has more to do with seasonal changes. I think they preassign with holidays and when they are heavily booked, and then just rely on room ready when things aren't quite as hectic. I know that one time when we checked in at VWL on Memorial Day weekend, I was told that the rooms were preassigned because they were completely booked. Not sure if it has changed, but that's my 2 cents on the subject! If you are close enough by, I would check them in early that day if possible, just to be sure you are covered either way!

Boy, do I agree with that! I've been to BCV 3 times in the last couple years (check in again in 41 Days. Yay!) and I can't figure out what they're doing, pre-assigning or using room ready.

We we checked in on Sunday of Pres. Week this past Feb. it sure looked like room ready. They scanned the computer screen for an available room (that wasn't ready) and gave that to us. Tried to give us one that met ALL our requests first but after placing a call couldn't give it to us then chose another. It was fine that we didn't get all the requests, it was just the view. I had put pool view down wanting to give that a try but received Epcot view (nice!).

Hmmm....well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. :scratchin I'm sure they'll be fine no matter where they end up....just want to do whatever I can to make it special for them since it's their honeymoon :bride: :groom: When we stayed in Sept. 04' at BCV's we had 10 nights and checked in around 7:30pm on a Fri. night the wknd of Hurricane Jeanne and figured "oh boy - we're probably gonna get whatever is left" :bitelip: for checking in so late and with all the extra checking's in and out because of the hurricane. But low and behold, we did fantastic! :Pinkbounc We got all of our requests met and when I voiced my utter delight and surprise to the CM checking us in and she said "oh, your room was pre-assigned and blocked off long ago". But that was over a year ago now so.... :confused3 Like I said though, I'm sure they'll be fine. Just would like to put in for anything I can to make this extra special since it's their honeymoon :cloud9: The more info. I can arm myself with the better to try and sprinkle the old pixie dust for them ~*~*~*~* :teeth:
If you are close enough by, I would check them in early that day if possible, just to be sure you are covered either way!
Actually, I'm a good hour and a half away and won't be going while they're there since my son has school but....I'll be sure and make sure they're aware that the earlier they can check in the better. They'll be coming from a week down in the Key's first before arriving for a few nights at Disney so not sure what time of day they'll arrive :hourglass ~ they'll be fine I'm sure though .

Thanks for the updates ! Keep them coming if anyone knows what's happening on the subject :wave:

I think it's always been room ready. They basically follow the smoking request thing ONLY.

Example: May of 2003. I checked into BCV. I had requested non-smoking, Epcot view. CM says we have a ns Epcot view room. Yippee! I was very happy. He started telling us about the resort and then when he looked back down at his computer, he says UH OH and then says that during the last one minute someone else who was checking in at the same time TOOK THE ROOM. I said, well get it back, lol. He said he couldn't. It had just been assigned to the other person (STANDING NEXT TO ME AT THE CHECK IN DESK!). I was so irritated.

turns out that I loved the pool view room which I ended up getting. The point is if the above scenario doesn't prove that they do room ready for reservations, I don't know what does. (Now I only request non-smoking.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter