So it looks like Be Our Guest is becoming Prix Fixe Meal and 2TS credits...thoughts?

And there are even those who admit they won't break even, they just like the convenience.

I was looking over the max value of credits for DDP and realized was nearly impossible to not lose money on a 2TS meal.

If you max out you options under the DPP, this is what those $90 in credits pays for...
  • Narcoossee’s...$103 (you win!)
  • Flying Fish...$89 (push)
  • Yachtsman Steakhouse...$87 (push)
  • The Boathouse...$87 (push)
  • STK Orlando...$84
  • Morimoto Asia...$82
  • Le Cellier Steakhouse...$78
  • Tiffens...$77
  • Artist Point...$77
  • Jiko...$74
  • Citricos...$73
  • Hollywood Brown Derby...$71
  • Paddlefish...$71
  • Monsieur Paul...$69
  • In-room pizza delivery...$46 (admittedly this can feed a small family, but you're paying double on the DDP vs OOP)
Now, I'll add the caveat that I'm going by the maximum option DDP combination from a different site, I cannot comment on their accuracy, I have not referenced the menus directly. But the average DDP-compliant meal from from most of these restaurants (including Narcoosees) is more like $60.

If one wants to get the most out of the DDP, or just break even, they need to rely on the more expensive 1TS options.

Last edited:
I found the old BOG dinner menu to be oversalted in general. I am looking forward to the change, especially since it means I am more likely to pick up a last minute reservation here again. This menu doesn't bother me - but then again neither do the menus at Tiffins and Skipper Canteen. It's not "gourmet" food - it's just food that a lot of people may not have been exposed to yet. And what's wrong with trying something different than burgers and pasta while on vacation?

My ADR window opens in May, and I am debating on whether I will try for BoG dinner. I’m going to try for lunch too, because my DD is a huge B&B fan and can’t get enough of being in the castle (her name is Isabelle and she goes by Belle, I think that’s the reason why,lol) but I’m not looking forward to the whining I know I’ll hear from certain members of my family if I book dinner there. I myself am fine with the food (minus the octopus) but I know some of my family will hate it, and I’ll be spending $55 for them to have an adult sized portion of whatever’s on the kids menu. Ugh...decisions

My ADR window opens in May, and I am debating on whether I will try for BoG dinner. I’m going to try for lunch too, because my DD is a huge B&B fan and can’t get enough of being in the castle (her name is Isabelle and she goes by Belle, I think that’s the reason why,lol) but I’m not looking forward to the whining I know I’ll hear from certain members of my family if I book dinner there. I myself am fine with the food (minus the octopus) but I know some of my family will hate it, and I’ll be spending $55 for them to have an adult sized portion of whatever’s on the kids menu. Ugh...decisions

That does sound like it may not be worth dinner, but I would book the ADR and see how reviews go after August and keep an eye out for tweaks by Disney. Right now, it costs nothing to squat on the ADR.

So a family of 4, dinner at any of those restaurants, the bill would be $220 plus tip. not including alcohol. Im sorry but the food at any of those restaurants isnt that good.

Dont get me wrong. I love Disney. I'm an AP holder. Disney does a wonderful job at many things, but food isn't one of them. And I'm not saying the food is bad. Anyone in the restaurant business will tell you that you cant do that many tickets a night and maintain a high level of quality or service compared to restaurants outside the gates of Disney.

Maybe I just live in an expensive area so that doesn’t seem that expensive to me? I just pulled up the menu for a local place that is very popular but to me isn’t as good as any of the places I listed at WDW

Appetizers are $7-18 with most $10 or $12. Entrees range from $22-52 with most north of $30 (and many don’t include sides so that would be extra). So for many options you are well above $40 before dessert and or tax. No way a family of four is eating there for much under $200. And as I said, not nearly as good as a Tiffins or Flying Fish - and it is really hard to get a reservation at this place

Maybe I just live in an expensive area so that doesn’t seem that expensive to me? I just pulled up the menu for a local place that is very popular but to me isn’t as good as any of the places I listed at WDW

Appetizers are $7-18 with most $10 or $12. Entrees range from $22-52 with most north of $30 (and many don’t include sides so that would be extra). So for many options you are well above $40 before dessert and or tax. No way a family of four is eating there for much under $200. And as I said, not nearly as good as a Tiffins or Flying Fish - and it is really hard to get a reservation at this place

Yowza! I guess I am fortunate where I live then. Orlandoans have some very nice options as well.

guess it is the price we pay for the "privilege" of living in the shadow of NYC ;) It's even worse with drinks as adult beverages at WDW seem downright cheap to me

I am over here in Northern California and agree, $55 is nothing for an average dinner. DH and I ate at Jiko for about $200, which included a nice bottle of wine, and were stuffed and happy, for the equivalent here, we would have certainly been spending much more, and the atmosphere wouldn't be comparable at all. It definitely depends on your perspective and the pricing you are used to.

There was value for me in the DDP, but only for certain types of trips. When my daughter was under 10 and we planned to do character meals, it was worth it because of the cost of the buffets. It was also easier when we traveled with another family and they had the DDP - just easier when making meal decisions for a larger group. Now that we don't do character meals or buffets and now that my daughter is an "adult" on the dining plan, but doesn't eat anywhere near what an adult eats....not so much.

OK - people are going to get mad at me.... :(. I am just trying to help.

Folks, BOG is the most LOVELY, BEST Cafeteria within the MK. It's not, and never will be, a Restaurant. It's a very WELL built Cafeteria.
Unless there is a total shutdown, and we get a good two years worth of reviews. Playing "two point" won't make it any better than the LeCellier joke. This is a crowd control exercise. Not a restaurant. Just say "no".

The building is stunning. The food is worthless. GO here for entertainment value. Want GREAT FOOD? Get out of the Parks. Hit the Hotel Restaurants. Parks = Elevated Corn Dogs. Hotels = Generally very good food. Non-Disney owned restaurants, on property? Generally even BETTER food.

You will choose. 12 years, 2x per year, 8 days per visit = over 200 SIG Restaurant experiences.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Folks, BOG is the most LOVELY, BEST Cafeteria within the MK. It's not, and never will be, a Restaurant. It's a very WELL built Cafeteria.
Unless there is a total shutdown, and we get a good two years worth of reviews. Playing "two point" won't make it any better than the LeCellier joke. This is a crowd control exercise. Not a restaurant. Just say "no".

The building is stunning. The food is worthless. GO here for entertainment value. Want GREAT FOOD? Get out of the Parks. Hit the Hotel Restaurants. Parks = Elevated Corn Dogs. Hotels = Generally very good food. Non-Disney owned restaurants, on property? Generally even BETTER food.

You will choose. 12 years, 2x per year, 8 days per visit = over 200 SIG Restaurant experiences.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

I largely agree - though I think there are a few good in park options. Skippers Canteen and Tiffins come to mind.

Spice Road Table ranks as one of my favorite restaurant meals ever. And I travel, and I eat at nice restaurants when I travel, and I've had some pretty great meals, but the lamb chops at Spice Road we're some of the best I've had (sorry Ireland). And the service we had there was spot on. And price was on par with what I've paid in some large cities and actually cheaper than SoCal. The appetizer we got was tasty, although simple, and dessert was good.
As I've said previously, if they get the lamb chops at BOG consistently close to as good as Spice Road Table's, I would eat there.
I haven't been since Tiffin's opened, but I look forward to trying it out.

Spice Road Table ranks as one of my favorite restaurant meals ever. And I travel, and I eat at nice restaurants when I travel, and I've had some pretty great meals, but the lamb chops at Spice Road we're some of the best I've had (sorry Ireland). And the service we had there was spot on. And price was on par with what I've paid in some large cities and actually cheaper than SoCal. The appetizer we got was tasty, although simple, and dessert was good.
As I've said previously, if they get the lamb chops at BOG consistently close to as good as Spice Road Table's, I would eat there.
I haven't been since Tiffin's opened, but I look forward to trying it out.

We really enjoyed Spice Road Table as well - the lamb sliders were really good as well. Nice to sit and relax while watching Illuminations as well!

maintain a high level of quality or service compared to restaurants outside the gates of Disney.

Can we get a quick list?

Been doing some off site stays here and there for work, always looking for advice-thanks.

Not arguing, we have never left MPLS for Orlando for the food, but some WDW spots have been vastly improved over the years IMO, esp D Springs.

Hubby and I went to lunch at Be Our Guest (couldn't get dinner reservations). I was very disappointed. The wait was long and it was crowded. Probably won't go back.

I was looking over the max value of credits for DDP and realized was nearly impossible to not lose money on a 2TS meal.

If you max out you options under the DPP, this is what those $90 in credits pays for...
  • Narcoossee’s...$103 (you win!)
  • Flying Fish...$89 (push)
  • Yachtsman Steakhouse...$87 (push)
  • The Boathouse...$87 (push)
  • STK Orlando...$84
  • Morimoto Asia...$82
  • Le Cellier Steakhouse...$78
  • Tiffens...$77
  • Artist Point...$77
  • Jiko...$74
  • Citricos...$73
  • Hollywood Brown Derby...$71
  • Paddlefish...$71
  • Monsieur Paul...$69
  • In-room pizza delivery...$46 (admittedly this can feed a small family, but you're paying double on the DDP vs OOP)
Now, I'll add the caveat that I'm going by the maximum option DDP combination from a different site, I cannot comment on their accuracy, I have not referenced the menus directly. But the average DDP-compliant meal from from most of these restaurants (including Narcoosees) is more like $60.

If one wants to get the most out of the DDP, or just break even, they need to rely on the more expensive 1TS options.

So this puts BOG slightly above in room pizza delivery.....

Ooh I can't wait to try this but gotta wait cos I'm pregnant ATM with our 1st :( no Disney trips for next 12-18 months. I wanna do the baby's first haircut at disney so depends on their hair growth LOL

That being said we have done dinner at BOG 1x and breakfast about 5x bc I love the croque madame for breakfast and dinner was so crowded/food not that spectacular. I mean breakfast is also crowded but I could always sit in the west wing after we tried the other 2.

I have become a more adventurous eater since Disney 3 years ago for our honeymoon and I loved the esquarot(sp?) In France during food and wine so would definitely try that.

$55 a person for 3 courses sounds decent to me. We live in the Poconos and eat at "signature type" restaurants in the Lehigh Valley area where dinner can easy run $100-$150 for the two of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter