So it looks like Be Our Guest is becoming Prix Fixe Meal and 2TS credits...thoughts?

Actually, it wouldn't be horrible if they went to a Prix Fixe breakfast as well, with a Beast meet and greet. Lower the price point to like $35 per person, and then people would have another option for meeting the Beast if they don't like dinner. It also might take the pressure off dinner a little but.

I would LOVE that, because my DS really wants to meet Beast, but the new pricing sounds steep to me given that we'll all be receiving whatever vegetarian options exist instead of the regular menu. :worried: I don't mind paying more for meals at WDW. But I dislike paying the same amount for my kale and quinoa that someone else is paying for steak or seafood. ;)

I previously stated that we just wouldn't go, but now he's insisting that the Beast is the only character he wants to see, so my choices are no Beast or to deal with the new pricing/menu. It's not a choice that's filling me with good thoughts and pixie dust. :worried:

I would LOVE that, because my DS really wants to meet Beast, but the new pricing sounds steep to me given that we'll all be receiving whatever vegetarian options exist instead of the regular menu. :worried: I don't mind paying more for meals at WDW. But I dislike paying the same amount for my kale and quinoa that someone else is paying for steak or seafood. ;)

I previously stated that we just wouldn't go, but now he's insisting that the Beast is the only character he wants to see, so my choices are no Beast or to deal with the new pricing/menu. It's not a choice that's filling me with good thoughts and pixie dust. :worried:

I think BOG is still a difficult ADR to obtain. You need to book it at 180+ days or it’s almost impossible to get.

We just ate dinner there 5/17/18. The food was better last September, and we were in the Music Box Room this time; the Ballroom in 9/17.

It was a better experience on our previous trip. This time, my steak was more gristly and the seafood pasta dish was over-salted. Food was much better during our previous visit.

The chance to meet The Beast after dinner is great. He interacted sweetly with the kids both visits. A+ for a character experience that anyone could enjoy. The Beast has a presence in the Castle, but it’s a not rowdy character meal with little kids screaming and running around.

I hope that the new prixe fixe will be a great option for families of multiple ages. :) Its location is so convenient for when you’re in the Magic Kingdom for the night. Eat and walk out to the Mermaid ride.

Last edited:
I think BOG is still a difficult ADR to obtain. You need to book it at 180+ days or it’s almost impossible to get.

We just ate dinner there on 9/17/18. The food was better last September, and we were in the Music Box Room this time; the Ballroom in 9/17.

It was a better experience on our previous trip. This time, my steak was more gristly and the seafood pasta dish was over-salted. Food was much better during our previous visit.

The chance to meet The Beast after dinner is great. He interacted sweetly with the kids both visits. A+ for a character experience that anyone could enjoy. The Beast has a presence in the Castle, but it’s a not rowdy character meal with little kids screaming and running around.

I hope that the new prixe fixe will be a great option for families of multiple ages. :) Its location is so convenient for when you’re in the Magic Kingdom for the night. Eat and walk out to the Mermaid ride.
Am I missing a few months or is that date in the future?

I had no problem making ADR's today for our trip 11/26 to 12/7. I had my pick of days, starting with the 28th and later so only the first two days were booked and I just starting looking after 1PM today so there may even have been availability for earlier in the trip at 6AM this morning.

The 2 credits don’t bother me. Like you said it’s very hard to get a dinning reservation there (we have been playing around getting used to before our 190 days come up). We don’t actually book just see what available. I DO NOT like the prix fixe from what I have read no one in my family would be happy with what they are offering. I have very picky eaters. I would hate to use 2 credits and no one really eats. Also since it’s 2 credits now I wish belle would join the beast for dinner for meet and greets.

Last edited:

Too expensive and too limited of a menu, not worth the price or the two counter service credits, especially when you can have lunch there on a single counter service credit.

Do you think we will not see the whole menu until it officially starts?

When is the full menu gonna be released

I think the biggest thing they have not addressed so far is the kids menu. This is what they released so far...
  • Appetizer (pick 1)
    • French Onion Soup
    • Charred Octopus with citrus-laced fingerling potatoes, pickled hearts of palm and red pepper coulis
    • Escargot with herb garlic butter and toasted gremolata
    • Selection of assorted meats and artisanal cheeses such as chicken liver pâté, chorizo sausage Manchego, and truffle tremor
  • Entree (pick 1)
    • Grilled Center-Cut Filet Mignon with potato au gratin, Romano beans, Cipollini marmalade and a cherry-laced red wine reduction
    • Smoked Black-Eye Pea Tortellini with roasted seasonal vegetables, tomato relish and basil-scented tomato water (this would certain be the vegetarian option)
    • Poulet Rouge Chicken (no word on sides)
    • Saffron-Infused Seafood Bouillabaisse (no word on sides)
    • Roasted Lamb Chops (no word on sides)
    • Kurobuta Pork Tenderloins (no word on sides)
  • Dessert
    • Dessert Trio - everyone gets the same dessert a tray with one raspberry macaron; chocolate-dipped maraschino cherry; and the "gray stuff" served in an eatable white chocolate C'hip"-replicate cup
For a Prix Fixe menu (flat price gets you 1 app, 1 entree, 1 dessert), that's already pretty large, with the exception of pairing some entrees with sides, and revealing a vegetarian appetizer, I don't expect the adult menu to differ much from above.

I realize all this information is out there and this isn't any additional help, but i thought I would summarize.

Last edited:
Im not a fan of BOG. I love the concept and theme, but, the food is less than desirable. Making a 2TS credit wont help it but the masses will eat it up. Food , overall in the MK, is poor at best. Even the food in the Castle, for what they charge, is a travesty. Skipper Canteen is the only sit down I will go to in MK, especially with the monorail choices just outside. Luckily, the counter service at Pecos and Columbia are good enough to pass for a value at the price, so sit downs are not necessary unless I have time and will leave the park to eat at a monorail resort. When I rank sit down meals at WDW Skipper Canteen is the ONLY MK sit down I will even have on a list. The rest are just not worth the dollar for the quality of food you get.

Im not a fan of BOG. I love the concept and theme, but, the food is less than desirable. Making a 2TS credit wont help it but the masses will eat it up. Food , overall in the MK, is poor at best. Even the food in the Castle, for what they charge, is a travesty. Skipper Canteen is the only sit down I will go to in MK, especially with the monorail choices just outside. Luckily, the counter service at Pecos and Columbia are good enough to pass for a value at the price, so sit downs are not necessary unless I have time and will leave the park to eat at a monorail resort. When I rank sit down meals at WDW Skipper Canteen is the ONLY MK sit down I will even have on a list. The rest are just not worth the dollar for the quality of food you get.

Your saying all this about the food being bad yet you haven’t tried the new menu yet. It most likely will be upgraded in quality.

Your saying all this about the food being bad yet you haven’t tried the new menu yet. It most likely will be upgraded in quality.

Hopefully. Personally Be Our Guest is easily my least favorite restaurant on property, and pretty much because the food was not good and very expensive. Magic Kingdom as a whole needs a worthwhile restaurant. We usually just eat at Epcot before heading over there, or only eat hot dogs.

Hopefully. Personally Be Our Guest is easily my least favorite restaurant on property, and pretty much because the food was not good and very expensive. Magic Kingdom as a whole needs a worthwhile restaurant. We usually just eat at Epcot before heading over there, or only eat hot dogs.

We found the food at Skipper's Canteen to be quite good. Other than that we often hit up Sleepy Hallow

I am jumping in pretty late on this thread, but it is worth a little PERSPECTIVE. Complaining that BOG is NOT a "family" restaurant? No, it is not Denny's, or for anyone on a budget. Good luck finding the theming at a restaurant outside of the World. The food is no way to be compared to a cafeteria, or else PLEASE tell me where that cafeteria is. Hollywood & Vine, ABC Commissary - I would agree, though the food is actually better than a cafeteria still, just boring theming. And to gripe about the 2 TS - well, the DDP was never a great deal (except for "free" promotions - maybe). It is cheaper to get a room-only discount with an AP, get a Tables in Wonderland card and share meals when possible, and eat anywhere you want. But IF you have the Deluxe DP (not really practical to eat at Signatures with 1 TS per night), then why not? Oh, the mysterious "$45" COST of a TS? Maybe the VALUE of 1 TS. But my math degree says that $116.24 minus estimate $6.24 for the mug (every night and morning pop is what my family does, and milk for cereal, etc.) to make the calculation easier, so $110. Then subtract 2 snacks, another $10, so now we have a $100 cost for 3 TS a day - and these now include an appetizer, and at many places an adult beverage. That makes a TS credit COST an estimated $33. So if you are not buying food you wouldn't eat (a big IF for many families), and use all your credits, a 2TS meal costs about $66. And that's including an alcoholic beverage that may cost $10-14. BOG about breaks even. Many meals are a good deal. But as someone says, it helps to do the math. And if you have a "free dining" (not REALLY free, since paying stupid rack rate prices), upgrading to Deluxe DP is very doable.

Frankly, my family can do it either way. Book where we want and love, use our AP discount and/or Tables card (for alcohol too of course), and share the huge meals as well. We are DVC members, so we never get the free dining anyway. And, sorry if it offends anyone, we can afford it. This is where we like to go, and if instead, we go to Maui, we eat at Mama's Fish House and spend more money than at Disney. We like to do both. Or go camping and eat over a campfire. The point is that BOG, or any WDW restaurant is "affordable" because there is no lack of patrons as we all know when we try to get ADRs. And there are plenty of restaurants in Orlando, or for me, Portland, that are just as expensive, or close, without having a magical sense of being in a fairytale world. Disney is expensive. It has for at least 20 years been a luxury many families SHOULD not try to afford. But the memories for MY family of 4 (with 2 adult children now in college) has been worth every cent. Every year we spend 8-10 days with all of us together, and my wife and I another 8-10 days on our own. It probably has saved our marriage, saved on psych bills, lowered my work stress and made me a much more productive human being. It has given me joy, memories of laughter with my kids, and a pure escape. How much value can I put on that? Yes, it is gone up in price ridiculously. Have you checked new car prices compared to 1974 when I bought an almost new Monte Carlo for $3400? Or my 1st house for $40k? Or my college tuition, room and board at a great school for $1100 per semester? My mom made $8000/year as a teacher 45 years ago. It's good WDW was a lot cheaper then!

Anyway, sorry for the diatribe, but it galls me to read more *****in' and moanin' than worthwhile advice and shared experiences on this board. My positive recommendation? Remember you don't have to do EVERYTHING, that many things will be too expensive or impractical, no matter what changes come. So figure out what you CAN do, and enjoy every moment. It certainly isn't the end of the world to cross off BOG from a list of dinner options. And, by the way, I just checked and got a 9:55p dinner there on 12/21, while we are there for Mickey's Christmas Party. And of course, THAT is too expensive as well.

Also, as TheMaxRebo said, Skipper's is quite good, and eclectic, and right in the Magic Kingdom. Tiffin's in Animal Kingdom is not quite as spectacular to my family as some say, but the attached lounge is great. And the hand-dipped Disneyland-style corndogs in Disney Springs (and several food carts, etc.) are to die for! Morimoto's street food (ribs) are incredible, burgers, pizza, poutine, milkshakes, pasties all through Disney Spring are mouth-watering. Our food choices are so much better than 10 years ago, and some are incredible deals. Get the secret nachos at Pecos Bill and share it with another table - we did, had a blast and made new friends. Split a BBQ platter at Flame Tree - HUGE portions. And grab some sweet chili shrimp mac and cheese at Eight Spoon. Search for the elusive Zebra Dome, eat a Mickey Beignet (or make it a sundae!). Try all the flavors (for free) at Ample Hills. Try an avocado margarita at Cava. And almost anything at Sunshine Seasons. Peanut Butter and Jelly shake at Tune-In Lounge and grapefruit cake at the Brown Derby Lounge. There are so many options of not good, but great and super-fun foods that it just seems petty or picayune too stress and complain about BOG or any other restaurant.

Sorry if I am too harsh, and I am an uber-planner and like to do EVERYTHING too, but I think just walking into the World brings more joy than the food, ADRs at have-to-do restaurants, or all the character lines. Frankly, the complaining goes along with all the stroller-collisions, rude families and kids pushing into lines, and fighting-spouses with junior screaming because of sensory overload for a 3-year old in 95-degree heat should have to bear. Maybe WE have changed as a society more than Disney in the last 20 years. I am not sure the public could be called "family-friendly" either.

I am jumping in pretty late on this thread, but it is worth a little PERSPECTIVE. Complaining that BOG is NOT a "family" restaurant? No, it is not Denny's, or for anyone on a budget. Good luck finding the theming at a restaurant outside of the World. The food is no way to be compared to a cafeteria, or else PLEASE tell me where that cafeteria is. Hollywood & Vine, ABC Commissary - I would agree, though the food is actually better than a cafeteria still, just boring theming. And to gripe about the 2 TS - well, the DDP was never a great deal (except for "free" promotions - maybe). It is cheaper to get a room-only discount with an AP, get a Tables in Wonderland card and share meals when possible, and eat anywhere you want. But IF you have the Deluxe DP (not really practical to eat at Signatures with 1 TS per night), then why not? Oh, the mysterious "$45" COST of a TS? Maybe the VALUE of 1 TS. But my math degree says that $116.24 minus estimate $6.24 for the mug (every night and morning pop is what my family does, and milk for cereal, etc.) to make the calculation easier, so $110. Then subtract 2 snacks, another $10, so now we have a $100 cost for 3 TS a day - and these now include an appetizer, and at many places an adult beverage. That makes a TS credit COST an estimated $33. So if you are not buying food you wouldn't eat (a big IF for many families), and use all your credits, a 2TS meal costs about $66. And that's including an alcoholic beverage that may cost $10-14. BOG about breaks even. Many meals are a good deal. But as someone says, it helps to do the math. And if you have a "free dining" (not REALLY free, since paying stupid rack rate prices), upgrading to Deluxe DP is very doable.

Frankly, my family can do it either way. Book where we want and love, use our AP discount and/or Tables card (for alcohol too of course), and share the huge meals as well. We are DVC members, so we never get the free dining anyway. And, sorry if it offends anyone, we can afford it. This is where we like to go, and if instead, we go to Maui, we eat at Mama's Fish House and spend more money than at Disney. We like to do both. Or go camping and eat over a campfire. The point is that BOG, or any WDW restaurant is "affordable" because there is no lack of patrons as we all know when we try to get ADRs. And there are plenty of restaurants in Orlando, or for me, Portland, that are just as expensive, or close, without having a magical sense of being in a fairytale world. Disney is expensive. It has for at least 20 years been a luxury many families SHOULD not try to afford. But the memories for MY family of 4 (with 2 adult children now in college) has been worth every cent. Every year we spend 8-10 days with all of us together, and my wife and I another 8-10 days on our own. It probably has saved our marriage, saved on psych bills, lowered my work stress and made me a much more productive human being. It has given me joy, memories of laughter with my kids, and a pure escape. How much value can I put on that? Yes, it is gone up in price ridiculously. Have you checked new car prices compared to 1974 when I bought an almost new Monte Carlo for $3400? Or my 1st house for $40k? Or my college tuition, room and board at a great school for $1100 per semester? My mom made $8000/year as a teacher 45 years ago. It's good WDW was a lot cheaper then!

Anyway, sorry for the diatribe, but it galls me to read more *****in' and moanin' than worthwhile advice and shared experiences on this board. My positive recommendation? Remember you don't have to do EVERYTHING, that many things will be too expensive or impractical, no matter what changes come. So figure out what you CAN do, and enjoy every moment. It certainly isn't the end of the world to cross off BOG from a list of dinner options. And, by the way, I just checked and got a 9:55p dinner there on 12/21, while we are there for Mickey's Christmas Party. And of course, THAT is too expensive as well.

Also, as TheMaxRebo said, Skipper's is quite good, and eclectic, and right in the Magic Kingdom. Tiffin's in Animal Kingdom is not quite as spectacular to my family as some say, but the attached lounge is great. And the hand-dipped Disneyland-style corndogs in Disney Springs (and several food carts, etc.) are to die for! Morimoto's street food (ribs) are incredible, burgers, pizza, poutine, milkshakes, pasties all through Disney Spring are mouth-watering. Our food choices are so much better than 10 years ago, and some are incredible deals. Get the secret nachos at Pecos Bill and share it with another table - we did, had a blast and made new friends. Split a BBQ platter at Flame Tree - HUGE portions. And grab some sweet chili shrimp mac and cheese at Eight Spoon. Search for the elusive Zebra Dome, eat a Mickey Beignet (or make it a sundae!). Try all the flavors (for free) at Ample Hills. Try an avocado margarita at Cava. And almost anything at Sunshine Seasons. Peanut Butter and Jelly shake at Tune-In Lounge and grapefruit cake at the Brown Derby Lounge. There are so many options of not good, but great and super-fun foods that it just seems petty or picayune too stress and complain about BOG or any other restaurant.

Sorry if I am too harsh, and I am an uber-planner and like to do EVERYTHING too, but I think just walking into the World brings more joy than the food, ADRs at have-to-do restaurants, or all the character lines. Frankly, the complaining goes along with all the stroller-collisions, rude families and kids pushing into lines, and fighting-spouses with junior screaming because of sensory overload for a 3-year old in 95-degree heat should have to bear. Maybe WE have changed as a society more than Disney in the last 20 years. I am not sure the public could be called "family-friendly" either.
The ones comparing it to a cafeteria are probably the ones eating breakfast or lunch there. We love BOG as well, and have done all 3 meals there a number of times. But yeah, at breakfast and lunch it really is a very nice cafeteria.

Why would anyone be offended that you can afford BOG?

Ok.....

I'll check with you before discussing any changes that Disney makes on this Disney discussion board...

And your DDP example is only using one plan for comparison. My accounting degrees tell me that your analysis is biased, at best.......

So for fun (or for Math's sake) lets look at the other DDP option that you conveniently left out of your "analysis"....

Regular DDP cost: $75.49,to make the math easier, let's take out $5.49 for the mug. So we are at $70.00. Lets take out the 2 snacks, so we are now at $60.00 for 1 QS and 1 TS. Let's take out $15 for the QS, and now we have $45 left for the 1 TS. If you have to use two TS credits, you are using $90 for a $55 meal.

So objectively, the move to 2 TS for dinner at BOG has now "forced" regular DDP users to either pay more than the person sitting next to them, or pay cash (which the DDP was supposed to eliminate)....

I don't know why anyone would be upset with someone being upset at this move....

I know, I know, dinners in Maui are expensive

Last edited:
This is not the debate board. Anyone wanting to continue this debate please feel free to take it to the debate board. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!