So. Many. People.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wall to wall, shoulder to shoulder. This was Nov.6th. Keep in mind on another night I truly felt as though the crowds were worse than on this particular night.

This was the crowd behind me. Again, wall to wall. People arent walking here. They're standing there waiting for HEA to start.
This is making me sooo nervous! Touringplans said Nov 6 had an expected 6 but an observed 8 for crowd levels. We're going to MK to watch HEA on Dec 20 (an expected 7 crowd level), so I can't even imagine what the crowds will REALLY be like! How early did you arrive to get a spot here? And for the other night where you were at the roundabout, how early did you have to arrive to get a spot?

This is making me sooo nervous! Touringplans said Nov 6 had an expected 6 but an observed 8 for crowd levels. We're going to MK to watch HEA on Dec 20 (an expected 7 crowd level), so I can't even imagine what the crowds will REALLY be like! How early did you arrive to get a spot here? And for the other night where you were at the roundabout, how early did you have to arrive to get a spot?

I know it's just my opinion, but ditch the crowd calendar projection things...they're just wild guesses and have no true accuracy value. If you want a good spot for HEA on Dec 20th, I'd honestly suggest being at least 90 minutes early. We were there this past Saturday night and walked down Main Street 2 hours before HEA and there were people already lining the hub. We're going back to MK tonight, I can report back if you'd like.

Yes, if you're going to be in front of the Castle right before HEA, then you can expect wall to wall people on Main Street. Those pictures don't surprise me in the least. If you were going to try to walk down the actual street during that time, I would consider that foolish. You need to use the sidewalks and/or cut through the stores. It was definitely be slow going, very slow going at times, but you will be able to get through. They do a good job of keeping the sidewalk lanes open.

Frankly, Main St looks like that during some summer nights right before HEA (or formerly Wishes). Adding the holidays just makes it more busy. The actual street itself is a sea of people, use the dedicated walking lanes.

I know it's just my opinion, but ditch the crowd calendar projection things...they're just wild guesses and have no true accuracy value. If you want a good spot for HEA on Dec 20th, I'd honestly suggest being at least 90 minutes early. We were there this past Saturday night and walked down Main Street 2 hours before HEA and there were people already lining the hub. We're going back to MK tonight, I can report back if you'd like.

Yes, if you're going to be in front of the Castle right before HEA, then you can expect wall to wall people on Main Street. Those pictures don't surprise me in the least. If you were going to try to walk down the actual street during that time, I would consider that foolish. You need to use the sidewalks and/or cut through the stores. It was definitely be slow going, very slow going at times, but you will be able to get through. They do a good job of keeping the sidewalk lanes open.

Frankly, Main St looks like that during some summer nights right before HEA (or formerly Wishes). Adding the holidays just makes it more busy. The actual street itself is a sea of people, use the dedicated walking lanes.

I take all the crowd levels with a grain of salt (especially when hearing how crazy the first week of November was when it should normally be a "low" period). It's more of me expecting the worst and trying to plan how early to wait to get a decently good spot to see HEA (especially with 2 little kids). Our plan is to get there "early" (just trying to trying to figure out if that's 2 hours before or if that's too late), put out a blanket, let the kids sit on the blanket or in their stroller, and wait.

Its bloody crazy. The amount of people was just nuts. The entire trip it was packed. But to be truly honest, even though I complain about the crowds, the only time the crowds bothered me was during HEA. Lol! All other times, it didnt bother me too badly. I had FP's. It was fine. Even during F&W it was fine. There were lines, but they went real fast.

I personally dont believe in camping out for a spot to view HEA too far in advance. It was insane, i saw people camped out at 6pm!!! HEA was showing at 9pm. Thats a 3 hour wait. Why do people camp out so early? I didnt get to my spots until about 10-15 min before the show started. I found a spot just fine. Keep in mind it was just me. If you have a family of 4 of 5, its a different scenario.

It was insane, i saw people camped out at 6pm!!! HEA was showing at 9pm. Thats a 3 hour wait. Why do people camp out so early? I didnt get to my spots until about 10-15 min before the show started. I found a spot just fine. Keep in mind it was just me. If you have a family of 4 of 5, its a different scenario.
Normally I wouldn't EVER wait for that long, but we're probably going to come after the first Frozen Holiday Wishes show ends (~6:45pm) and wait because (1) it's our only opportunity to see HEA, (2) all the rides and restaurants/QS will be busy so it's either wait for HEA or wait in line somewhere else, and at least here we might be able to sit down, and (3) we can keep ourselves busy with watching the second down of Frozen Holiday Wishes at 7:30pm, get some snacks, and have some "downtime" before HEA. Or at least, that's the plan...who knows, and we might just give up with the crowds and go back to the resort! :)

I take all the crowd levels with a grain of salt (especially when hearing how crazy the first week of November was when it should normally be a "low" period). It's more of me expecting the worst and trying to plan how early to wait to get a decently good spot to see HEA (especially with 2 little kids). Our plan is to get there "early" (just trying to trying to figure out if that's 2 hours before or if that's too late), put out a blanket, let the kids sit on the blanket or in their stroller, and wait.

You may find it a challenge to put out a blanket when the crowd is as big as it is during Thanksgiving and/or Christmas. Get your family in position and stay there. Yes, I'd definitely suggest 2 hours early if you want a really good spot. If you don't mind a less than "perfect" spot, you can probably be 60 minutes early. Like I said, I can report back tonight. We're getting to MK around 3pm today.

Normally I wouldn't EVER wait for that long, but we're probably going to come after the first Frozen Holiday Wishes show ends (~6:45pm) and wait because (1) it's our only opportunity to see HEA, (2) all the rides and restaurants/QS will be busy so it's either wait for HEA or wait in line somewhere else, and at least here we might be able to sit down, and (3) we can keep ourselves busy with watching the second down of Frozen Holiday Wishes at 7:30pm, get some snacks, and have some "downtime" before HEA. Or at least, that's the plan...who knows, and we might just give up with the crowds and go back to the resort! :)

Not necessarily. On Saturday night, we decided we didn't want to venture through the madness to see HEA (we've seen it already...great show, LOVED it, but didn't feel like squeezing in that night). So we actually were walking behind the Castle shortly after the fireworks started...which if you don't care about the projections on the Castle is a great place to see the fireworks themselves. We walked over to Splash Mountain, even stopping once or twice as we walked just to see a few fireworks. We got to Splash Mountain right before the fireworks ended. We walked right on the ride. When I say we walked right on, I literally mean the CMs at the dock where you board the boats were just standing waiting for guests to arrive. It was incredible. When we got off the ride, people were starting to filter back toward the ride, but the line was still really short.

You may find it a challenge to put out a blanket when the crowd is as big as it is during Thanksgiving and/or Christmas. Get your family in position and stay there. Yes, I'd definitely suggest 2 hours early if you want a really good spot. If you don't mind a less than "perfect" spot, you can probably be 60 minutes early. Like I said, I can report back tonight. We're getting to MK around 3pm today.
Good to know! It's one of those small travel ground covers vs. a real blanket, but I might just keep the kids in the stroller except when they're fidgety. I'll bring it anyway in case there's some room to lay it down.
Good luck tonight!!!

We ended up telling people it looked like they needed to get there before us, so by all means go, go, go.

I do that all the time...we walk really fast, but inevitably, it's never fast enough for someone. So it's much less stressful for me, to step aside and let them by. Like switching lanes while driving, even though I'm going 5-10 mph above the limit, so the car behind me is now free to break the sound barrier if they please.:D

Yes, it can be a challenge. There were many sitting on main street waiting for the show to start...in those crowds, it started to get dangerous because I saw many people almost trip over the folks who were sitting. One even accidentally stepped on a finger of someone who was sitting. Not an ideal place to sit once it starts to get crowded.

(3) we can keep ourselves busy with watching the second down of Frozen Holiday Wishes at 7:30pm, get some snacks, and have some "downtime" before HEA.
wdwinfo has posted this current schedule for Frozen Holiday Wish:
A Frozen Holiday Wish
6:15 nightly (6:15 and 8:15 p.m. on Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party nights)

"A Frozen Holiday Wish" show will take place daily on Cinderella Castle stage. Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf can be seen in the show and Queen Elsa's ice powers will transform Cinderella Castle into an ice palace. To create the effect, 200,000 twinkling lights are draped on the towers and turrets.

wdwinfo has posted this current schedule for Frozen Holiday Wish:
A Frozen Holiday Wish
6:15 nightly (6:15 and 8:15 p.m. on Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party nights)
Thank you for letting us know!! I was going off of TouringPlans which said there would be 2 shows: 6:15pm and 7:30pm. If there's only going to be one show, I guess I have to revise my touring plan...again.

I've headed to POR in a week, and had the hardest of times booking any restaurants Dec. 1-6 and we've come this week in years past. I've narrowed it to two reasons: 1. uplifting economy = more people have disposable income for Disney or 2. restaurants are harder because nobody is at MK for the Christmas Party b/c it's so darn expensive, and they're all eating out then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter