So. Many. People.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't imagine getting in a line that is even half that time. All I ever hear are people saying the same, so who are all these people that still get in lines that long?
Unfortunately, I think the line is mostly made up of people who got there when 60 minutes was posted and are now too deeply invested to bail out.

Thank you for letting us know!! I was going off of TouringPlans which said there would be 2 shows: 6:15pm and 7:30pm. If there's only going to be one show, I guess I have to revise my touring plan...again.
You’re welcome! I know that most were thinking there would be that second showing... wdwent.com also lists 6:15-only.

FoP back up to 240. Yes that's 4 hours - so get in line at 3PM and do the ride around 7PM.

As a comparison, if you got in line for Na'vi River Journey now you could ride that just before 6PM.

I was in DW 11/03-11/19. We don't do the parks during the weekend. We found week one crowded due to Jersey Week. Not unbearably crowded, but more crowded than we are used to, and we usually do Jersey week and the week after whenever we go. I've never waited 40 minutes for a ride before.

We found week two minimally crowded. Only waited on Peter Pan longer than we wanted which was 40 minutes. And a long wait for Navi River which was expected. Everything else seemed to us to just be a few minute wait.

We also went to MK on party days, so the crowds were low.

Edited to add that we chose to wait on PP line to see the queue. We didn't do FPs or use our Anytime FPs for that reason.

So far, AK today is the busiest we’ve experienced since we got here last Tuesday. We still found it manageable and walking around isn’t a problem. Maybe our afternoon entry approach is working in our favor?

I am meeting the definition of Insane. Headed to MK (only 170 mins for space mountain at this time) to spend from now till 2am. Have to leave for the airport at 4:30 to catch my early flight.

I like your plan. You can always sleep on the plane (if you don’t have young kids).

This was posted in early afternoon of a holiday week. I'd be surprised if it was not crowded.

We went during Thanksgiving week a few years ago. We arrived early for RD, got out by early afternoon and went back in the evening to do attractions that usually had little to no wait (Philharmagic, etc). Very manageable.

This was our Thanksgiving trip experience as well, but we went in 2009, so things might be different now. After lunch was the least manageable, but a great excuse to take a break & enjoy the hotel :)

Main Street and the Hub are closed to capacity due to the crowds for HEA. Announcements are telling people to stay where they are.

This was our Thanksgiving trip experience as well, but we went in 2009, so things might be different now. After lunch was the least manageable, but a great excuse to take a break & enjoy the hotel :)

That was our year, too! Did you get the swine flu? We all came home with it. Fun trip, but we could've done without the farewell gift.

We're here now too. It is crowded. But it's all about perspective....and taking advantage of the time savers Disney provides for free. We're a party of 9 and have fastpassed everything; we got 9? 10? Fastpasses at MK yesterday. The only thing we "waited" for was Voyage of Little Mermaid and it was a walk on. Mobile ordering is a godsend. Bypassing the line wrapping round and round to order food? Yes please! The crowds are here but they're just in the background for us. There are still some quiet corners to sit and rest. We're having an amazing time.

Yep, it's all perspective. We did MK and HS yesterday. MK from 3:00pm to nearly 7:00pm. It took a good amount of persistence, but I was able to trade 3 SM FP+ for 3 BTRMM FP+ only a few hours in advance. I was also able to snag 3 FP+ for SM only one hour in advance. Got IASM 10 minutes in advance (and then move it back to just 10 minutes in advance) and Pooh 5 minutes in advance...this was on top of the 3 previous FP+ we already had.

Then went to HS. Arrived in the park at 7:20pm. Grabbed a spot in front of the Chinese theater and watched Movie Magic and Jingle Bam. Crowded, but not insanely so. Then did a FP+ for ST, which I picked up as we were leaving MK. At that point, it was 8:40pm. We walked over to TSMM and literally walked right on at 8:47pm. If we had wanted, we could have gone right back on a second time just before 9pm, but decided to head home.

Getting ready to head back to HS this morning. Have a FP+ for RnR, my favorite ride in all WDW! Can't wait!!!!!

we went same week last year and it was ridiculous, we knew they were filming the parade but all the sites said it would not effect us..every day they had celebrities and it was ridiculous, epcot test track was closed for a concert and then mk was crazy we hiked it too animal kingdom daily because it was the less crowded, i would never go that week again, yes the poor cm's were confused, 1 outside of the frozen ride was blaming us for the crowds..the decorations were great but not worth it

Would love to see some crowd pics from the parks! Did this week last year and had a great trip despite the crowds. Skipped the parks on Thanksgiving Day, though; show me what I missed!

Happy Thanksgiving, DIS'ers!

Yep, it's all perspective. We did MK and HS yesterday. MK from 3:00pm to nearly 7:00pm. It took a good amount of persistence, but I was able to trade 3 SM FP+ for 3 BTRMM FP+ only a few hours in advance. I was also able to snag 3 FP+ for SM only one hour in advance. Got IASM 10 minutes in advance (and then move it back to just 10 minutes in advance) and Pooh 5 minutes in advance...this was on top of the 3 previous FP+ we already had.

Then went to HS. Arrived in the park at 7:20pm. Grabbed a spot in front of the Chinese theater and watched Movie Magic and Jingle Bam. Crowded, but not insanely so. Then did a FP+ for ST, which I picked up as we were leaving MK. At that point, it was 8:40pm. We walked over to TSMM and literally walked right on at 8:47pm. If we had wanted, we could have gone right back on a second time just before 9pm, but decided to head home.

Getting ready to head back to HS this morning. Have a FP+ for RnR, my favorite ride in all WDW! Can't wait!!!!!
I think with smart use of FP and relentless persistence to find that 4 th, 5th etc fast pass, the parks can be managed. Perhaps people are inwilling to keep refreshing the app or they don’t know to try.

Sorry, I didn't take any pics. We were in HS from about 10:00am until 3pm. It was busy, but really wasn't wall to wall people. We did Star Tours, RnR with FP+. We had Voyage, but let it lapse because we chose to do Beauty and the Beast stage show last minute...and got in 10 minutes before it started (not the best seats, but we got in). Through persistent FP+ work, I got a 4th FP+ for TSMM only one hour in advance. The area around RnR and ToT was pretty busy, but the park wasn't terrible. I imagine MK was mobbed. We're in our rental house right now, just digesting Thanksgiving dinner. Waiting for the tryptophan to kick in... :cloud9:

I think with smart use of FP and relentless persistence to find that 4 th, 5th etc fast pass, the parks can be managed. Perhaps people are inwilling to keep refreshing the app or they don’t know to try.

I'm just guessing that for some people "relentless persistence" does not describe a relaxing vacation.

It sure seems like its all about how you "manage" the crowds these days and what lengths you are able/willing to go through to get on rides. Not everyone wants to spend a significant amount of time interacting with an app on their phone during vacation. I'm sure that given the circumstances I would end up endlessly refreshing hoping that the FP comes up, but if I could pick that is absolutely not an ideal way to spend my vacation time with my family. I'd much rather be giving my attention to them and not the Disney app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!