So what deals have you gotten this Christmas shopping season?

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
I have actual done pretty good and found some really great bargains on the thing that I was looking for.

I went to Toys R Us looking for a Play school Heroes Hulk... and not only did I find him, I got Ironman and Captain America to.. Score !!!! and they priced matched at the register. It was super easy, I looked up Wal-mart, Target and Amazon... Took a picture of the online price, it was painless... I also got some tinker toys for one of my grandson, and it was 39.99 Wal-marts price was 24.99 and they matched it. I picked up several other items and since they price matched save some more... But I was surprised that the Waffle block set I was looking for was less there then on line... over all I save right at 44.00 dollars.

I also got some Christmas decor at JoAnn's at 60 % off I had my eye on these really cool candle holders with snowflakes I was surprised to see that they still had them I got them for around 6.00 bucks each, and I picked up a bunch of floral picks in sliver and even some blue sparkly snowflakes picks... I was out the door under 30 bucks and I had 3 bags.

So what have you gotten a great deal on?

We're headed to WDW on January 1st, and once I started packing DD5, I realized she outgrwew most of her shorts from this summer. So, I headed off to Carters to see what I could find. Obviously the only warm weather options they had out were in the clearance rack. I managed to get a whole bunch of lovely outfits (bought primarily for the shorts) on severe discount. I also found a lot of other cute things that I just had to grab, since they were such a great deal. Like, adorable 2 piece pajama sets for $3. I don't believe I spent more than $8 on any item I purchased. DD will probably be disappointed at all the clothes wrapped uder the tree, but I'll appreciate it!

I cleaned up on books from Amazon. They have put out a $5 off $15 code twice within the past month. with the first round I got a book for my son, my sister and one for myself, all on sale, after the sale price and code I paid $22.00 for what retails at $43.00. The second time the ran the code I got another book for my sister and a 4 book boxed set for DS, again on sale, after sale price and code paid $19 for books that retail at $51 total. They have had some really great book prices the past couple weeks and I also got another 4 book boxed set for $6.39, retails at $40. Golden book for $2.51, retail $4.99. Boy's body book for $5.76 retails at $12.95. Pete the cat for $$1.38, retail $4. 2 doodle books for $5.76 & $5.80, retail at $12.99each. An adult coloring book for $2, retail $6.

Long story short, I picked up a total of 18 books for $70 that would have cost me $188 have I paid retail.

I'm looking for a car vacuum, kind of like a DustBuster but that will plug into the cigarette lighter and has a long, narrow attachment for cleaning out crevices. I actually need two, one that needs to be ready for Sunday and one that won't be given until 12/28. I bought one at Walmart for $20, don't really love it and it's a bit more than I'd hoped to spend, but it's Friday and I need it SOON. I had time, so I checked one auto parts store. They had one for $9, and only one, so I bought it. Then I checked the other auto store. They also had only one, and it's on deep clearance... paid $1.75!!! I'll take the Walmart one back and go with the other two! Both are part of a "set" gift, so I don't feel TOO cheap!

This week and last sure beat out sales from Black Friday. We are suppose to believe that it was the best Black Friday shopping day ever, but I am having a hard time believing it. The stores are packed with merchandise yet. I think people got in the habit of not over spending.

I got 3 Pressure Cookers for $42 a piece. I wait for Kohls to send me out 40% off coupons in Flash Sales. I use my Rewards for more savings. I bought 3 in a row like this. Last weekend, though we had to do some clothes shopping for my dh and his pants he usually gets were really marked down. His pants usually run around $60 and on sale in the $40 range. I got his pants for $24. So that was a savings.

Books at Amazon. I think they must have had a brief price war with Walmart because for a brief moment a few days ago one of the illustrated Harry Potter books got all the way down to $6.70! I got two of the Harry Potters and the Fantastic Beasts (the big hardcover illustrated ones) for $25 total. All three of those for almost the same price as the first illustrated one alone.

I had been watching for a deal on a particular Keurig I wanted to buy. Finally Meijer had a great deal. The Keurig was regularly priced $129.99, and was marked down to $99.00. I had 2 different store coupons ($25 and $15) that I was able to stack. So I got the Keurig for $59.00 plus tax. There was also an incentive where I got $20 in store credit for purchasing a Keurig. So the Keurig cost me $39 net. :)

I got an air fryer for $35.00! It was on sale $54.00 at Kohls. Then I got 25% off of the sale price. On top of that, I’m a sales associate for the holidays and received an additional 15% off. :)

OP here,

I went to Kohl's yesterday, and was trying to finish up my shopping, DH was with me... he found some work pants for 23.99 ( dress pants) which is pretty darn good considering that they are normally 65.00 dollars.

I did find a couple of shirts for my the rest of my family and scored 2 of the shirts came up less than marked on the signage... so YAY...

I went to Beall's and ended up buying myself a shirt that I had been watching and rang up less than marked to... which was 16.99... and it was marked 59.99 so that was the best deal of the day yesterday...

Tuesday is my last real shopping day... Hopefully I will find more deals..

Victoria's Secret underwear $3.50/each
Bath and Body Work Bath Bombs $3.95/each
Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Bubble Bath $4.95/each
Lego Build Your Own Adventure books $6 (Amazon)
Lego Batman Lego Books $5 (Amazon)
Lego Dimensions Sets $2.50 (individual), $8.99 (team), $9.99 (level), $13.99 (story pack) (Best Buy plus pick up and Five Below deals)
Mario Kart 7 3ds ($15) (Target)
New Super Mario 2 3ds ($15) (Target)
Skyrim Special Edition PS4 ($15) (Target)
JC Penney NON-bubble coats ($75 - $30, $30, $15) - 2 adult and 1 kid size - happy for a deal that cheap!!
Nintendo Switch with Mario Kart 8, Cave Story, and Sonic Forces Bonus Edition (63000 miles MileagePlus - so free to me - much better games than when I got the PS4 the same way, which was more miles - no crappy out of date sports games, so I'm thrilled with this...now if it hadn't taken 2 months to arrive, I'd be happier, BUT it is here)
Flash Rebirth Graphic Novels ($10 and less) (Amazon)
New Spidey Blu-Ray/DVD $7 and Charlies and Chocolate Factory 30th edition ($2) (Best Buy)
Numerous Kohls clothes, toy, and kitchen items on vet's day that were stupid cheap:).
My "free" Cast Iron pan on Black Friday from Kohls (used their free $10)
3 comics subscriptions - Nightwing, Batman, and Teen Titans (lowest ever - $15, $20, $15) (DiscountMags.com)
1 magazine subscription - Reader's Digest - $5 (daughter's birthday - she loves this) (DiscountMags.com)
Red Robin $180 in gift cards for $99 (x2)
Free 2 slices cheesecake for $25 Cheesecake Factory gift cards (x 2)
Free $7 in video credit at Amazon this morning - gonna get Spongebob Season 11 as a gift with all my other video credits for slow shipping as "Mom's sanity saver in the hotel this Christmas":)

Hoping my comics shop offers a last minute $10 GC for $40 in GC bought...they did last year, but I haven't stopped in yet...I usually get 4 as stocking stuffers, and use the gift cards as regular spending for the year...

Almost all my shopping was a "deal"...but this is the time of year to get them, so I'm happy...

Last edited:
My best deal this year was Beats Studio3 wireless headphones. Regularly $349+tax for $129 - no tax and free shipping through The AAFES exchange. It just opened to veterans in Nov and my DH is a vet.

We were saving up catalinas and rewards from various offers from Meijer and pulled $279 in merchandise out of the store for absolutely nothing on Saturday, we still have $17 left.

Bought a little bit of everything from jeans for me to an ugly Christmas sweater for my wife. Bought Axe sets for all the males, various sets for the females. There were a few toys and a seat cover for our son's truck. That even included dog food and some produce.

In terms of cost and savings, we have done better this year than any other year in the past. The deals have been amazing.

My best deal was on the kids PS4 Virtual Reality components. (I still can't believe I was actually buying this)

All the components together usually cost $450. I had hopes of finding it down to $350.
I found 1 part for $299 and got the controllers for 10% off at $90 = $390 total
Then this week the first part got slashed to $199 and the controllers were on sale for $80 went I went for in store pick up = $280 total

My other favorite deal was the Fitbit Charge HR 2 at Kohls on Black Friday. Regularly $150.
Sale for $100 + $30 kohls cash (that I needed for an item that I doesn't accept coupons) = $70
I got three of them.

Refurbished Canon T7i with standard 18-55mm STM kit lens for $499+tax. It only has 16 shots on the shot counter and is in perfect shape. (Canon refurbs rock.) DD is thrilled with it - she should be able to grow with this camera for years.

My best deal was on the kids PS4 Virtual Reality components. (I still can't believe I was actually buying this)

All the components together usually cost $450. I had hopes of finding it down to $350.
I found 1 part for $299 and got the controllers for 10% off at $90 = $390 total
Then this week the first part got slashed to $199 and the controllers were on sale for $80 went I went for in store pick up = $280 total

My other favorite deal was the Fitbit Charge HR 2 at Kohls on Black Friday. Regularly $150.
Sale for $100 + $30 kohls cash (that I needed for an item that I doesn't accept coupons) = $70
I got three of them.
I also got my DS the VR system for PS4. Are these additional controllers for the VR? I feel like I already spent a small fortune with getting the PS4, VR, extra games and one extra PS4 controller.

At Kohls last week I scored big for my in-laws. They are in Florida for the winter so no need for anything but warm weather clothes. For her I got 3 women's (3xl) short sleeve shirts for $1.80 each! Then a pair of each denim and khaki capris for $5 each! Then for him I was able to find 3 big and tall short sleeve button down Izod shirts for $6 each! Cost me almost as much to ship it to them as it did to buy it!

The best deal I got was on my Fitbit Alta hr. Everyone had them for $99 on Black Friday but the special edition rose gold one wasn't on sale
For a brief amount of time target online had it marked down so I grabbed one.

I cleaned up on books from Amazon. They have put out a $5 off $15 code twice within the past month. with the first round I got a book for my son, my sister and one for myself, all on sale, after the sale price and code I paid $22.00 for what retails at $43.00. The second time the ran the code I got another book for my sister and a 4 book boxed set for DS, again on sale, after sale price and code paid $19 for books that retail at $51 total. They have had some really great book prices the past couple weeks and I also got another 4 book boxed set for $6.39, retails at $40. Golden book for $2.51, retail $4.99. Boy's body book for $5.76 retails at $12.95. Pete the cat for $$1.38, retail $4. 2 doodle books for $5.76 & $5.80, retail at $12.99each. An adult coloring book for $2, retail $6.

Long story short, I picked up a total of 18 books for $70 that would have cost me $188 have I paid retail.
Normally I do amazon...
Checked out scholastic.. found whatever after books for less then $4, amazon $5-6

A great winter coat for $19. It likely would have cost more like $80 (an inferior coat on the same rack was going for $50), but the tag with the price was off it, and it was the only one of its kind on the rack. The overworked Target employee tried to scan it, and when it wouldn't scan, she quickly suggested $18.99 as a price & typed that in. I was happily shocked but kept a straight face. Apparently during the last shopping week before Christmas, it's all about moving customers through the lines quickly to get more product sold. I don't think this would have happened the first week of January.

I got well before Black Friday two huge LEGO sets (firehouse and Star Wars First Order transporter) for more than half off. The local Barnes and Nobles occasionally have clearance tables full of random stuff both on and under the tables. Usually it’s stuff I wouldn’t want but every now and then it’s stuff such as these LEGOs. They were hidden under the table and were half off. Since I could also use my membership and I had a coupon they were crazy cheap for such an item. I usually never get such huge sets because of the cost so the kids will be super excited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!