So when's good time for Robin - Con?

h20jag

<br><font color=green>DIS Veteran<br><font color=m
Mid - May, before Memorial week - end good?
It would be an honor to honor you Robin!
Jim

I'll be there the last two weeks of August...

Originally posted by h20jag
Mid - May, before Memorial week - end good?
It would be an honor to honor you Robin!
Jim

I believe she's coming down in the middle of April...of course, she'll probably be back in May too...:rolleyes: :D :jester:

Karen

:bounce:HEY!!! How coooool is this?????? :bounce:

I am sooooo honored, Jim!! Thank you! I took some time to come to work UGH on a Saturday and got greeted with this!!
FQembarass.gif

MsDis is right, I am set to go in April, from the 8th to the 15th tentatively for now because my son is off for Spring Break that week. I say tentatively because my Mom is supposed to have surgery sometime in the near future and my vacation will have to be AFTER the surgery.

I don't think anything will change but I've been reluctant to plan too much because of the uncertainty. I should be positive very soon, though.

Hey, thanks again! You guys are the greatest!!!
jumpinggreens.gif

I say this BEFORE I get hit by the inevitable MIB and BH insults... :rolleyes:

It's always amazing to me how the school districts are different.

South Florida Broward schools are off from March 27th to April 7th.

I've often looked at the web sites of the Orange county schools to see when they're off, trying to plan the least busy time.
Hard to do. You'd never know that other districts are off at different times.

Spring break is still a less busy time than the summer months.

Keep us posted on your visit plans. I'm sure I'll be driving up in April. Heck, I have APs, I want to go every weekend now.

3.5 hour drive, no problem. I save all my money to fix my car so it can take me to Orlando. Save up your money now, get your car fixed up, and ready for the summer months. Yeah, car repairs are the bummer, you get ripped off, double what you think it should be, no doubt about that, but you need a good set of wheels to visit parks.

Yeah we know, this thread will turn into the car repair adivce forum. Go ahead, vent.

I'll be looking to drive up in April.

Gee Robin i would come but i have elective root canal surgery planned:D :p

....yeah...me too, but I've already planned "Karen-Con" for those dates...but I suppose we *could* change the name...just this once... :rolleyes:

Karen

BTW, is it me, or does "Karen-Con" sound like someone might need a "get out of jail free card" to attend...???:rolleyes: :eek: ;) :D

Karen

Those are good dates Robin! DD is on break that week also... I think. Like Robvia said, they're all so different down here. I never know anything for sure till it's upon me.
Since you'll just miss Mardi Gras, maybe we can all throw Spiderman toys to you from Pteranodon Flyers! (Ouch if you miss!)

Karen - Con, huh? Don't wanna see if there's a dungeon in the Dueling Dragons Castle!

Without Barry there, at least no one has to worry 'bout pork brain appetizers.
Jim

robvia: I am so with you about the car repairs... I used my own car to drive down in January only to have the radiator go out one week later!! Hello... $1200 in repairs... :mad:.. and you guys wondered WHY I couldn't make it to MG-CON! :mad:

Karen: We can always call it Crazy Women for Spiderman-Con!! That would cover aLOT of us! :bounce:

Jim: Check those Spring break dates! Georgia picked a crazy week since Easter is in March, robvia's dates sound more sensible! I'm thrilled because the High season is only until 4/7!

MIB: You never disappoint me! :rolleyes:

Bring on those Spiderman toys!! I have the world's BIGGEST collection thanks to the Pork Brains guy! We'll have a toast to HIM at "CrazyWomenforSpidey-Con!" :D

Spiderman-Con!! I love that one. Try to get a picture of all the ladies with SM!! It's the shot we couldn't get at MG-con.:(

Since MG-Con and hearing about (and being jealous of) the inside scoop a few of our group got from our pal Earl I have been brewing an idea in my head and wonder what others may think about it:
Of course the ideal situation for visiting the parks is to stay onsite, and with the entertainment rate and other specials it really is a good deal. But let's face it, even with the good breaks there are many nice hotels in the area that are much less expensive and many would pass on the luxuries to save some money. The express access is what can't be beat... but then again there may be a way to go express access one better...
One of these times that we decide to meet up for a day why not save our money by staying at the Holiday Inn or Radisson, and put what we save into a group VIP tour, maybe even be lucky enough to have Notatourist or Earl himself fix us up?
Just an idea...

:jester:

Karen - Con, huh? Don't wanna see if there's a dungeon in the Dueling Dragons Castle!

Ah...the dungeon...oops, I mean....I'll never tell!!!

Spiderman-con!!! Can we rent Jeff and the VIP room at Mythos, can we, please??? Hey, HE offered...:rolleyes: :D ;)

Karen

Wow a Robin-con!! I might be able to get up there for a day. We don't have spring break that week either but it might be worth a day off from school to see Robin & Micheal! :)
Where are you staying Robin?

Just got my car back. Evaporator went bad on the AC, $800, 6.6 hours of labor @ $80/hour. Plus some front end suspension parts, $200. I only let the dealer work on it. I've used cheaper shops and they're not as good. There's no use in getting worked up over car repairs, unless you have a friend or connection. For me, it's take it to the dealer, agree with them, move on in life.

Was thinking of driving up this weekend for James Brown but it appears that it's gonna be cold, like 45 degrees at night.

Looks like I'll be going back the last week of March since South Florida has spring break. Who knows, maybe I'll drive up again in April now that my car is running great.

I'm just getting back from visiting my parents!

Robvia: Ugh... cars, kids and houses, MONEY PITS!! But we love them all.

Waitaminute, James Brown is in town THIS weekend? He's my old school FAVORITE!! I FEEL GOOD! :D

CPM: The company I was with in January offered me an UNBELIEVABLE deal on a house for the week. So since I'm not staying onsite I thought "hmmmm...why not do the VIP Tour??" :earseek: GMTA!! {great minds, suzy, MsDis, think aLIKE!!} I already took the IOA tour so I'd like to take the Universal tour. Wouldn't it be AWESOME if we could do it with Notatourist??? Let's discuss....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter