Sofa Bed-yay or nay?

Prince & Princess

Earning My Ears
Hi all! We are planning on being at Disney from October 14-19th 2019 and I have some questions about the sofa beds.

We are a family of 4, with 2 teens (boy and girl) and I'm trying to find something on-site for around the same price as my husband is finding off-site. He doesn't care about the Disney bubble but I do!!

If we rent points, which seems like a great deal, I'm sure I can convince him. Problem is the amount of studio rooms with sofa beds instead of 2 actual beds. How comfortable are these things? Likely it will end up being me and DD, as my boys are large and wouldn't do well on the sleeper sofa. I can pretty much sleep anywhere, but I dont want to be sore on vacation :) And as a follow up, if you do recommend the sofa bed, what resort has the best ones?

Any help is appreciated!!

I think you're going to find it very hard to find anything renting points for October 14-19 right now. Those dates are already within 7 months for people booking 7 days from dates last week. I see only one resort with studio availability for all of those dates right now. And it's about to enter refurb, so it's either old sofa beds, or new ones that we've seen pictures of but are totally new to Disney so no one knows.

There is more availability in 1BRs but you won't find those for the pricing you want.

If you are looking for Oct 2019, you're too late, most if not all unit are booked by now. You need to book at least 10-11 month ahead for some units you need to book at 8 am exactly at 11 months.

We're in the same boat (boy and girl). I've slept on the sofa bed before and was fine, but honestly I don't know how new/old it was. Some studios sleep five so that might be an option as well for when you go. Good luck!

We're in the same boat (boy and girl). I've slept on the sofa bed before and was fine, but honestly I don't know how new/old it was. Some studios sleep five so that might be an option as well for when you go. Good luck!
Not for October 2019.

Ok let me answer the question you asked. I am a 6ft 200lbs male and I sleep on the sofa pull out. We have been to the SSR, AKL, BW, BC, BLT.
I have had no issues for me. You will find some people are sensitive and may not like them, But I have no issues.
Good Luck

Slept on the sofa bed for 6 nights at BCV and AKL. BCV was slightly better than the one at Kidani, IMO. But both were more comfortable than most sofa beds (no metal bar in your back) and I slept great.

If you are looking for Oct 2019, you're too late, most if not all unit are booked by now. You need to book at least 10-11 month ahead for some units you need to book at 8 am exactly at 11 months.

Picked over and can change at anytime, but it looks like 1BR is available at most resorts for those days. 7mo window for Oct 14th starts in the morning though so it could change fast.

If a reservation opens up, the sofa bed at Polynesian is amazing. I just slept one in October. The only other sofa bed I've slept on was at AKL in a Kidani 1-bedroom. It was absolutely awful. It might be tolerable with a mattress pad or perhaps doubling up on the mattress if housekeeping has extras. Hope you find something!

My daughter sleeps on the sleeper every trip. I have to on occasion.
As of this morning, the 7 month window for your dates, there is still some availability.

I don't think ALL the sleeper sofas are queen size, unless things have changed, some resorts had double/full size sleeper sofas.

Also, all of the sofa beds are not the same. It varies by resort. I can't wait for more of the sofa beds to be upgraded.

I don't think ALL the sleeper sofas are queen size, unless things have changed, some resorts had double/full size sleeper sofas.
For those keeping score:
There are double sofa beds at
AKV studios
BLT Studios
Beach Club Studios
Boardwalk Studios
Boulder Ridge Studios
Saratoga Springs Studios
And all 2 BR lock-offs that include one of the above studios.

There Are Queen Sofa Beds at
Copper Creek
Poly
VGF
Most 1BR
Most Dedicated 2BR

IMO you won't find anything on site the same cost as off site. I think the closest you can get in at the values.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter