**SOLO Central - WDW & DCL**

HI. I decided I would like to do a long weekend solo trip. I was looking at Nov 30- Dec 4th, as I can get good airfare, but Disney has no rooms. I have an AP, so now deciding if I actually wan to go if not staying onsite, or maybe just book offiste for worst case scenario and hope there are cancellations 30 days out. Not sure if worth it to go if can't stay onsite.

HI. I decided I would like to do a long weekend solo trip. I was looking at Nov 30- Dec 4th, as I can get good airfare, but Disney has no rooms. I have an AP, so now deciding if I actually wan to go if not staying onsite, or maybe just book offiste for worst case scenario and hope there are cancellations 30 days out. Not sure if worth it to go if can't stay onsite.

Their booking algorithm is skewed. What you need to do is piece your stay together in increments of nights i.e. 1 at a time or 2 here, 3 there, etc etc. That's the only way I've been able to get around that issue. There are rooms, it's a lax time between thanksgiving and christmas.

Their booking algorithm is skewed. What you need to do is piece your stay together in increments of nights i.e. 1 at a time or 2 here, 3 there, etc etc. That's the only way I've been able to get around that issue. There are rooms, it's a lax time between thanksgiving and christmas.

Yes, you're right and that was only way I could even get a room is breaking it up. There isn't much showing available though, maybe since a weekend? I got 1st night at All Star Music, then next 3 nights at Riverside. I keep checking various combos both using AP discount and without. Would rather get PC, or if not, possibly a decent priced room at either PO or CS. Can't believe how hard it's been to get. Since just me, I wanted a place with easy transportation, but don't want to spend much money since just myself.

I want to do a Solo trip on january! Ill be an AP by then so I have to take advantage of it :) Any other solo goers?

I have a work trip to Orlando and will have Sunday, December 10th free. My hope is to grab a late lunch at a monorail resort then head to the parks for the hopeful 4pm opening of MVMCP. If you just want to meet up for a ride or a meal that is cool too.

Hey all, I haven’t been on here lately, but I’m local. So if anyone wants to get together for a meal, park hop, etc. let me know...

I'll be there solo Jan 11 & 12. If anyone else is there at the same time, I'd love to say hello!

How do I change my profile picture??

If you are on your phone, click on your username. A box will pop up. Click on avatar. Then you will see “choose file.” Pick a picture from your photo files on your phone.

Let us know if that doesn’t work.

Hi all, I'll be solo at the World Monday 27th Nov - 3rd Dec if anyone wants to meet up for a bite to eat (quick service or snack) :)

I’ll be down on a Solo trip January 6,7,8 I’ll be staying at Riverside. Hit me up if you want to meet up and bounce around the parks for a while.

I'm traveling to the area with my husband but while he's at a work conference I might do disney solo (we're doing Universal after his conference). I'm super stressed about the idea as my husband handles a lot when we travel together. I'm capable but it's been a long time since I've done any traveling alone (and nothing like Disney...). I only have 2 full days (possibly another half day but I'll probably just do the 2). I'm thinking of doing Animal Kingdom and either Epcot or Hollywood Studios (my husband and I did the Magic Kingdom on a whim/side trip a couple of years ago) .

Any tips or favorite things to do solo in these parks?

I'm traveling to the area with my husband but while he's at a work conference I might do disney solo (we're doing Universal after his conference). I'm super stressed about the idea as my husband handles a lot when we travel together. I'm capable but it's been a long time since I've done any traveling alone (and nothing like Disney...). I only have 2 full days (possibly another half day but I'll probably just do the 2). I'm thinking of doing Animal Kingdom and either Epcot or Hollywood Studios (my husband and I did the Magic Kingdom on a whim/side trip a couple of years ago) .

Any tips or favorite things to do solo in these parks?

There are couple things to consider that depend on where the conference is located and whether you have a choice in hotels (i.e. do you have stay at a certain hotel for work reasons).

Generic advice
1) When you do the Universal part of the trip, I HIGHLY recommend that you stay on property at Universal at one of the three premium hotels (Portofino, Hard Rock, and Royal Pacific) if you are going to do more than one day a Universal. While the rooms are more expensive than off-property, you get Express Pass from the day you check-in until you check-out (that will save you at least $140/day). You also get early admission, which makes getting on the two main Harry Potter rides much easier. Plus the on-property hotels are very convenient as you can walk to the parks and City Walk.

2) Morning and afternoon traffic in Orlando (particularly I-4) can be painful. If you are not near Disney, getting to the park in the morning can be a chore unless you go real early. My standard advice to people is avoid I-4 if you can.

3) For some people, Hollywood Studios and Epcot are half-day parks. You may want to consider getting the park hopper option (a $60 cost) if you fall into that category and spend half day at each park. That will also give you the flexibility to visit MK if you want to leave Animal Kingdom early.

4) I do not think spending $100 more to get a 3 day ticket and then visit for half a day is a good value. You may want to consider going to Disney Springs on the half day if you enjoy shopping (or at least browsing stores)--perhaps have your husband meet you there for dinner. Though if you enjoy shopping, you may prefer to hit the outlets in Orlando.

5) Depending on your budget (both time and money) and your sweet-tooth factor, you may want to do one of the dessert parties.

There are couple things to consider that depend on where the conference is located and whether you have a choice in hotels (i.e. do you have stay at a certain hotel for work reasons).

Generic advice
1) When you do the Universal part of the trip, I HIGHLY recommend that you stay on property at Universal at one of the three premium hotels (Portofino, Hard Rock, and Royal Pacific) if you are going to do more than one day a Universal. While the rooms are more expensive than off-property, you get Express Pass from the day you check-in until you check-out (that will save you at least $140/day). You also get early admission, which makes getting on the two main Harry Potter rides much easier. Plus the on-property hotels are very convenient as you can walk to the parks and City Walk.

2) Morning and afternoon traffic in Orlando (particularly I-4) can be painful. If you are not near Disney, getting to the park in the morning can be a chore unless you go real early. My standard advice to people is avoid I-4 if you can.

3) For some people, Hollywood Studios and Epcot are half-day parks. You may want to consider getting the park hopper option (a $60 cost) if you fall into that category and spend half day at each park. That will also give you the flexibility to visit MK if you want to leave Animal Kingdom early.

4) I do not think spending $100 more to get a 3 day ticket and then visit for half a day is a good value. You may want to consider going to Disney Springs on the half day if you enjoy shopping (or at least browsing stores)--perhaps have your husband meet you there for dinner. Though if you enjoy shopping, you may prefer to hit the outlets in Orlando.

5) Depending on your budget (both time and money) and your sweet-tooth factor, you may want to do one of the dessert parties.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Unfortunately our hotel is set in stone. We paid my husband’s employer to add the nights on to the existing reservation so it would be a huge headache to change. We’re at the Loews Sapphire Falls which is universal related but does not include the express pass. I have access to discounted tickets though and I was hoping to see if I can addd express to those after I buy them.
Or we will deal without it. I’m patient

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter