Solo long wknd Dec 1- kids busy (college)- what should I take advantage of being solo?

diana13

Mouseketeer
I just got flights and going for a Thursday night until Monday night, my 1st year as empty nester. My daughter will still be in college, so figured I would take advantage of an AP this year and book additional trip before she comes home for Xmas. What things should I do, that are easier to do being solo? I am thinking 1st wknd in Dec will be very busy. Not sure how many fav dining places I will hit, but will least make 1 or 2 reservations. Any good places to have solo dinner? I remember Jiko had a chef counter, not sure if still do, or try CC?

I know of single rider lines at RRC, Test Track and EE, but any others?

Any suggestions appreciated! I tried looking though other solos/singles going but the thread is too long. Thanks!

Wander around wherever YOU feel like going-- you'll have a great time! The Boulangerie in Epcot (France) has wonderful food to enjoy outside. Yes, Jiko has a bar area that serves their fabulous food.

I totally agree with Soarin above. The biggest perk of a solo trip is the ability to get up when you want, go where you want and do what you want. No pressure to rope drop, unless that's what you want to do. I think you covered the single rider lines...Test Track is my favorite. I've been known to go on it 3 times in a row single rider with little or no wait in the morning, which is something my family wouldn't let me get away with if they are along. Since you've got or are getting an AP, don't be afraid to just sit back and relax...I've always enjoyed just finding a bench in World Showcase and watch it all go by for a little bit. Have fun!

Thank you both. Looking forward to it. Funny part is that I am the early riser, so probably will do rope drop, since been log time since was able to do that, not since my children were very young! I was there this past summer with my daughter, so this time I know I will have time to linger arooud and relax too. That is rare for me, so I am assuming I ll be at parks early and get on a number of ride favorites leaving time to enjoy a slower pace in afternoon and evening and do whatever I want to do!

I take at least one solo trip a year, I love them. I'm an AP holder so split my time between the parks and the resorts. I'm not very ride centric and since we go often, there are really no rides that I feel like it's the end of the world if I don't get to ride. I'm assuming Christmas decorations will be up during that time so take at least an afternoon and do the monorail loop and look at the decorations at those resorts, take the boat over to WL and enjoy those as well. Also, exit Epcot at IG and tour the Epcot resorts and Swan/Dolphin, they have some great decorations up. I love to eat at the outside lounge at HBD at HS, if you time it right you can sit there and enjoy a Cobb Salad and a glass of wine and enjoy the Star Wars show. I spend a lot of time just walking around and enjoying the details you tend to miss when you are with family because you are hurrying from ride to ride. I can spend a hour just walking the trails at AK.

...I am the early riser, so probably will do rope drop, since been log time since was able to do that, not since my children were very young!...

That's good...then do rope drop when you want. One big advantage of solo trips is you no longer have to wait for the slowest person in your group to get ready.

I found myself eating at the bars a lot - Tune-in Lounge and Brown Derby Lounge at HS, Nomad Lounge at AK, and from the MK I walked to the Wave at the Contemporary. No need to make ADRs or wait for a table that way. Eventually I will make it to Trader Sams, I keep missing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter