• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Some food reviews with pictures from our trip 8/21-8/31

hulabird

DIS Veteran & Planaholic!
We did CRT on 8/25 and the food was great as usual. For adults they have two menus to choose from, one is healthy with yogurt and granola and stuff, but this was vacation so I chose the "vacation breakfast" which consists of fruit (totally delicious) and a basket with sweet rolls and croissants, and your plated meal consisting of that totally fantastic stuffed french toast with blueberry topping, bacon and sausage, cheese potato casserole and eggs, I took a picture for you guys:

523499216105_0_ALB.jpg

and the fruit and bread:

154599216105_0_ALB.jpg

530799216105_0_ALB.jpg

Plus plenty of orange juice, coffee or milk...

982499216105_0_ALB.jpg

Hollywood & Vine FDP
I would have to say that this was our favorite meal in all of Disney, it was totally delicious and the quality of the food was great, well worth the $$$. My favorite was the turkey pot roast, the flavor and tenderness of the turkey was to die for! Here are some photo's to make your mouths water:

742918216105_0_ALB.jpg

This is the area with breads and butter spreads:

459818216105_0_ALB.jpg

Some of the salads:

938028216105_0_ALB.jpg

I really loved the southwestern ceasar salad and had two helpings. The prime rib was mouth watering and tasted wonderful, as did everything I tried!

946918216105_0_ALB.jpg

The fresh shrimp was also great (shown with the southwestern ceasar salad:

201028216105_0_ALB.jpg

The desserts were really good too, including an ice cream bar that has tons of fun toppings on it...kids really loved it. This buffet is worth the money!

Trail's End Buffet at FW

Another buffet definitely worth the $$$, the soup and chili was great. When I went to get my fake pewter looking bowl to put the soup in I knocked down the entire stock of bowls and it was so loud and embarrassing, but also funny, as the manager came over and said "it was set up that way to make someone get embarrassed and you won!" After that we had the manager sitting over with us and talking with us about Disney, he was great as were all the staff there. The main carved meat of the day was buffalo, my DH tried it and put a piece of it on my plate, which you can see in the middle of my plate in the photo, I tried a tiny piece, but it wasn't my favorite thing. The fried chicken is great as are everything else we tried on the buffet. We went to WL and took the boat over to FW, that was fun too. Here are some photos:

956057216105_0_ALB.jpg
Minestrone soup and salad bar stuff.

946257216105_0_ALB.jpg
Fried chicken, mac n cheese, mashed potatoes and gravy, the small piece of buffalo, chicken cacciatore, pizza and meatloaf.

CSR Pepper Market

905968216105_0_ALB.jpg

We had Q&C vouchers to use and found this to be an excellent place to use them and went here twice because the food quality is good and it is a fun place to eat. My first time here I tried the Chicken Fajita Platter for $11.95, it is a good sized portion and I had to give some to my DH or waste it. It comes with rice and beans, but since I am not a bean eater, they allowed me to get a whole bowl of rice.

425968216105_0_ALB.jpg
and here is the rice:

465378216105_0_ALB.jpg

On our second trip, I got the "roast of the day" at market price, which was $18.95 and was prime rib that day, plus you get fries or a baked potatoe and roasted veggies. This meal was so delicious! Plus both times we ate I got a piece of german chocolate cake that was very rich and enough to share after that big meal. Here is the prime rib dinner:
885519216105_0_ALB.jpg

My husband opted for the chicken calzone:

304519216105_0_ALB.jpg

He said it was very good and it was made for him to order so it was nice and fresh, he is hard to please, but he LOVED the PM. My nieces each got a kids meal which was like $4.50:
107719216105_0_ALB.jpg

The Pepper Market is a great place to eat, it is a cut way above your typical Disney food court. If they would upgrade other mods to this caliber, more people would eat at their resorts. Plus at the PM, you get a waitress and she brings you free refills on your drinks, this is good using the Q&C's. Here are a few shots of the PM:

815909216105_0_ALB.jpg

Hope this gives you an idea of a few of the places to eat in WDW. We certainly had a great time and were never hungry!

809319216105_0_ALB.jpg

701768216105_0_ALB.jpg
and my DH thinking about what to get for dessert....

:sunny:

Your pics arent working.
Try again, I would love to see them!

I didm't get your pictures either, hulabird

Maci, your kids are so cute dressed up like that

:D

Loved the reviews and photos. Thanks for taking the time!!

I can't see your photos either. Could you tell me a little more about Hollywood & Vine. Never been there. Do you go every trip or was this your first time??

Couldn't see the pictures, but your reviews were great...Thanks

Loved the reviews and sadly couldn't see the pictures. We are going to try Hollywood and Vine for the first time in a couple of weeks on advice from my niece and family.

Hearing reviews are great but actual photos of the food is AWESOME!!!

Now we are spoiled and will want photos in all the food reports!!:laughing:

It was funny, when I first started taking photos of the food, my nieces thought I was weird, so I explained to them about all of you guys and from then on they would say "Auntie Kris, take pictures of your food before you eat it!" A few times I didn't have my camera with or I would have had more photos. Digital cameras and sites like ofoto make things so easy to do that I don't mind posting a pictorial review.

I am not sure why some of you can't see the pictures, but I will post a link to them at ofoto by tomorrow so you can see them there.

This was our first trip to H&V, it was very kid friendly and had lots of food to choose from. I got full before I could try it all! I tried something different though, normally when I go to a buffet, I tend to eat alot of carbs first, things like mac n cheese, bread, and potatoes and then end up full very fast, this time I started mostly with proteins like meats and some veggies and was able to get my money's worth for a change. H&V is kind of 50'sish inside and is a nice atmosphere, but you don't need to dress up or anything. When you first come in they get your drinks and then you just go up to the bar. It was not too crowded when we went, our seating was 4:15 p.m. The food is really great quality, and even my picky hard to please DH raved over it. The sundae bar is cool, they have these huge plastic tubes filled with nuts, non-pareils, sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, m&m;s and some others I can't remember, but you just put your bowl under and then move this little rakelike thing and put on as much as you want, the kids really loved that! The other desserts were delicious as well, I don't recall names of things, but my favorite were these little things that were half cheesecake half pecan pie like, I think my sister said it was snickers something or another but it was mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, they had little eclairs and a bunch of other desserts in small cups, I think one was choclate cups filled with chocolate mousse, also mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. At the end of our meal they explained how to get to where we had to go for Fantasmic. It is over by Oscars and they have a gate there and you walk down a "secret path", kind of a long walk but worth it because Fantasmic fills totally up, there were no seats left at our show. Here are pictures of our walk to the theater:

635838216105_0_ALB.jpg

"Are we there yet?"

991438216105_0_ALB.jpg

If anyone has anymore questions, feel free to ask!

For those of you that can't see the photos, I have noticed that a few times I could not see the ones I posted either, sometimes I do and sometimes I don't, I have no idea why. Usually when I refresh the page, they are there. Maybe someone else that knows about stuff like that can help us out. I am wondering if it may have to do with available memory on your PC??? :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter