Some suggestions for chilling at WDW please (-:

Have you done the Keys to the Kingdom Tour? My daughter (20) and I did this last year and loved it! Highly recommend!

Definitely do all of the movies at Epcot. They are great and may not be around forever. Do the Behind the Seeds tour. Maybe mini golf or a massage. Enjoy the time. Our son goes off to college in August, and I plan to enjoy our vacations this summer.
Forgot about mini-golf. We did that last time and it was a fun way to spend almost two hours outside. They also have a 15% DVC discount. Would not recommend doing it during the summer though, would probably be miserable hot.

Recently walked through World Showcase right at open and loved it! Super low crowds with the exception of the Frozen line. If you want to get good pictures, there are so many photo spots available without a lot of people in the background. The festival booths aren’t open that time of day but you can still get most of the iconic snacks. And you can just enjoy the details of the different countries. I love World Showcase but these days it gets so crowded mid day that it can be overwhelming. In the morning you have it almost to yourself!

Not sure when your trip is scheduled, but if it has reopened the Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian is definitely chill. I did this one year w my daughter, mom, and cousin and it was, as they say, lovely. :) It was about 2 hours and you got a pot of tea, finger sandwiches, then some desserts. You are also able to purchase champagne (which I did). Nice relaxing time.

My idea of chilling at WDW is - more or less - a bit of commando, but only the parts we find stress-free. We almost always try to go with the flow though when we visit WDW. For me, sleeping until 10am then arriving to face long waits would = less relaxing.

Commando means different things to different people. I am not a fan of getting on a bus 90 minutes before a park opens. I am however a fan of staying at the Beach Club and walking to Epcot just ahead of when the park opens, especially when we stay club level. If we're ten minutes late, so be it.

We especially enjoy the late PM park hours. Early hours are also relaxing for us. If we want to make the day more chill, we leave the parks mid-day or just slow-own/stop rushing/avoid any long waits.

To make the trip more relaxing, consider adding some of the upcharges that make park touring easier, but also don't stress about hitting every show/attraction. If what you are doing is fun, do it. If you find you are rushing too much or stressing about hitting the next thing, then slow down.

The end of May gets a bit warm in the afternoon, so morning and after dark are still going to be your friend.

Getting on GoG as many times as possible would be lots of fun.

In the evening be sure to explore the new area of Epcot that has opened up near Connections eatery. It is a great place to get fun photos at night, and there are tables.

One way to make the trip special is to do special things to prepare for it, perhaps a new haircut and/or getting your nails done up. It might also be a good time to get her a new phone (camera?).

Have dinner at Topolino's Terrace if the menu appeals to you. The view during the fireworks is great, but it does take up an evening.

Do try to get her a pair of graduation Mickey ears if she is graduating this year.

As I mentioned earlier, consider staying club level. You get acess to extra staff, and the lounge which serves breakfast, snacks, beverages, evening appetizers, and 8-9:45pm desserts. Just - if you want to keep trip chill- just don't get too caught up in making sure you are there for every food offering. Go there for breakfast, maybe stop by if you take an afternoon break at the hotel, and every other day go to either appetizers or desserts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter