Something About Nothing ... #12

Hi Sans:wave::wave:...I hate being MIA for a few days I miss so much. It was a busy couple indeed. Yesterday we coaxed one of the cats into our mudroom and shut the door. He was pretty chill about it. Once he settled down we put him in a carrier and put him in his temporary home in the basement. What a love bug. He is rolling over for belly rubs. I can't understand how people can abandon these beautiful animals. Anyway he did great last night and this morning we trapped his sister.:banana:.... Brian took the day off for some meetings and we decided to try and trap her. He built his own drop trap which works much better than the have a heart. First shot we got her. We put her with her brother and they seem very happy. She has only been with us for the day and already is nuzzling and purring. These are two very happy cats. I called to schedule their spay/neuter appointment. We put flea treatments on them. Now they just chill out and relax till we decide what we are going to do. They are happy and safe:goodvibes

Brian put frosted film on the windows so nobody can see into our basement. I like the privacy aspect. Liv's 504 plan went well today. She is doing fabulous and we don't have to change anything.

Went out for Italian food tonight, going to try and start budgeting more and cook more. I am also going to look for some work from home opportunities. It is hard being back on one income. Lots to keep me busy.

I had the new pet sitter come to look at everything and she will take us on as clients. Wow! I can't believe how much it costs. I know they will be in good hands.

Tink I am sorry you got sick. That is the worse to happen on vacation. I hope you are feeling better and can get back out in the parks quick.

Robo I love your memes...The cat in the carriage was awesome!!! I hope you and your family are well.

Charade I just got the email too!! I was trying every which way to work it out but I can't make it happen. That is such a bummer. How exciting on the opening. Brian, Liv and Charlie all play in our community band and work so hard for the performances. I love going to watch them. It is such a proud moment for us parents.

Patty I know how picky they can be. I had to go to only dry food with so many. I kind of found one they all like but sometimes I have to switch a few up. I do give my senior and sick cats baby food or wet food. We use three different types of litters depending on the part of the house. I agree about spending more on them sometimes. It is nice that you pamper them so much.

Monykalyn Have a great trip and safe travels.

Mac LOL on your scared comment to Tink. I couldn't stop laughing that would so happen to me. Glad you were able to get into your hairdresser before the trip. I always try and make sure my hair is colored before I go.

Schumi Sounds like a great trip so far! Have fun!

Keisha I hear you about the guns and school problems. Liv's High School has a resoruce officer and two security guards patrolling the halls. I live in a city but I didn't think it was that bad. It is crazy how many things the security guards take off the kids. I hope you kids and everyone's stay safe!!!

Hi to Ckmiles, bukbeev, tlinus Lynne and anyone else I missed. My brain is fried!!!

Well I am off have to take care of new kitties. I hope everyone has a great night and I hope to be on tomorrow!!

When my labs died, my vet said they had quite the leisure life, as ones of the oldest labs he knew of. Poor boxer, if not for a genetic disorder, may have had more years than her 14 she had made it to.

Pampered pooches! How great!! They lived happy, long lives!:dogdance:

Another quiet night for me at hom. B and dh are at rehearsal. I can’t believe they open in a week.

You'll be so proud on opening night!:thumbsup2

I think I’m going to get in the pool....

It's actually chilly here at night. I have a blanket on right now! But too hot isn't fun!

These are two very happy cats.

:jumping1: So happy to hear this!! You and Brian rock!!

Thursday night football and then bed soon!! Good night all!

h-DOG-AND-CAT-628x314.jpg

View attachment 352725 Hey! Nothing going on here except it’s sooooooo freakin’ hot!!!!! 9:20 pm and it’s still 85 degrees. I think I’m going to get in the pool.......

When I lived in the Chicago that is exactly how the trees looked mid September
In Ga now and grass is still green in early winter
It was a stinking 94 here today
Horrible day outside when I went grocery shopping

You need to take a vacation north to escape from the heat

Charade your daughter will eventually want to do more practice driving

You are a better person than I am

I could not handle my boys (being with them in the passenger seat) for practice driving

I was lucky as the last two were going on 18 until they took their driving test and got their license

Mr Mac had to push them to get their license
They just were not interested for a long time to drive a car

Someone needs to take her driving and it looks like that someone is going to be me. I wish I could just pay a professional to keep giving her lessons, but that gets really expensive really fast.

I’m playing ketchup here...

I am away from the thread for hours and everyone is having a gab party here and I’m the last to read about it
Lol

So I know how you feel Bobbie as you are reading up on a couple of days of posts

That is really clever how you did get both kitties caught
They had it made living at your house

If my cats ever escape from my house, I hope they end up at yours

Living on one income we have gone through before
So I understand you wanting to a part time job
Would be nice to find one that has the work hours to fit your daily schedule and pays $$$

Most of the homies have checked in this week

Now missing is a Schumi drop in

Maybe she will give us a heads up and let us know how her vacation is going for her and Tom

For all the other homies reading along or mia here, a big hug for youse

upload_2018-9-21_6-40-7.jpeg
images
images
- That's right homies, in this pre-dawn dark, cloudy morning, it's FRIDAY! Why yes it is, Mac, get to the grocery store before the dinner hour.

Bobbie, so nice they are in band. Little one quit last year, but that's okay with me, she was good, but never was really a band kid. She's getting her essays ready, admitted she's a bit nervous, but so ready for college. Eeek, next year, I'll have to say, both my kids are in college. And, so nice you are taking care of those cats. They sound like they will have a good home forever now.

Tink, hope the Scareactor meal was fun, and good food, and you had a much better time at HHN last night.

Tgrgrl, yeah, I like the change in color of the leaves, I don't like the cold weather that usually follows. Sniff, my Dsis wintered her pool yesterday. Don't blame you to take a dip in the pool at night. We enjoyed two nights at VB, and it was so nice to have it warm, even in the evening. That was our summer, but more cool weather in store. Low 70 and rain on Sunday. That will feel cool.

Charade, taught both kids to drive. It does get better. I will say the passenger brake was used quite a bit when little one was learning, and the passenger door was gripped quite a bit when older one learned to drive. It's the car insurance that reminds me both kids drive. LOL

With that, I need tea. Darn AC does not get turned off until a few more weeks. Just because we barely tough 80 today, means cooler than cool inside. Sweater ready.

Have a freaking good Friday, all. Tink and Schumi, hope the parks are fun, and drinks are plenty.

Tgrgrl............yep.......that is exactly Florida.......nothing changes. Loving the heat though..and making the most of it.......

Yep, I’m here mac......usual quick drive by so haven’t caught up with posts........:wave2:

Meeting Vicki and MonyK at Backwater Bar in IOA for drink at 11am this morning.........so looking forward to that......Vicki and I have missed each other last few years......must be two or three years since we last met up.....and MonyK and I just couldn’t meet in May.......so this will be nice.......then meeting a friend in Mount Dora this afternoon too........

HHN was good last night..........went in later after being out for dinner........

Hey Lynne.......just saw you pop in there..........hope you have a great day too! Most over here have a professional driving instructor when they’re learning........much easier and less stressful and they don’t get one of those till they’re 17 in the U.K. Thankfully Kyle passed first time then we bought him his new car too.........worst thing was watching him drive off for the first time on his own!!! Such a worry but fabulous at the same time.........enjoy that tea Lynne.....

Off to start the day now........oh met a lovely Dis poster last night in Club Lounge.......FeetOffTheTable........it was lovely chatting to her........and she has the cutest little boy!!

:wave2:

Morning! Up much too early- didn’t get to bed til after 1a last night (this morning?). Looking forward to the meetup in few hours-have alarm set in phone in case I fall back asleep :P
Omg I can see why peeps go back year after year to HHN. Decided to get RoF tix so we went last night for couple hours. Met a guy and son on plane who have gone last couple years (the boy is 12 and LOVES HHN). They were fun to talk to-has turned into Annual father/son trip for them.
Did 3 houses and all the scare zones in less than 2 hours last night-could easily have done at least one or two more as posted waited times were about double actual wait times, I timed them. I’m so used to timing waits at Disney (do it for Touring Plans) and I was curious to see how accurate it was. We both really liked Scary Tales and had every scare in there I think. Not terrifying but fun and sooo detailed. DD got the best scare in Dead Exposure-saw what looked like empty corner in one light flash and next light flash had zombie jump out at her. We came out laughing our heads off! Also did Trick r Treat last night.

I Need to go food shopping too- mainly for cat food. sometimes I spend more money at Pet Supplies plus for food, litter, etc than I do at the grocery store!:laughing:
I have done food runs just for the pets-and in winter especially I get some vegetables just for chickens:rolleyes1

Robbie...you don’t know how much I love your pics of the minions and cats
I love all pics every day!
What a love bug. He is rolling over for belly rubs. I
So sweet!
Liv's 504 plan went well today. She is doing fabulous and we don't have to change anything.
Yay! This has got to be a great feeling for you guys!

. I am also going to look for some work from home opportunities. It is hard being back on one income. Lots to keep me busy.
I’ve done the secret shopper thing (takes awhile to really make $ but it’s fun) and also worked for Steri-cycle. They do stuff like checking for recalls, replacing or pulling recalled stuff in stores etc, pretty easy and can actually make money off it.
will say the passenger brake was used quite a bit when little one was learning, and the passenger door was gripped quite a bit when older one learned to drive. It's the car insurance that reminds me both kids drive. LOL
or both as in case of middle kid driving.

And yesterday may have been Thursday but we did Moe’s Southwest grill dinner last night. Got it to go on way to check into Resort. Still have half my bowl in fridge- nice thing about villas is full size fridge and microwave!

Thanks for the reminder it is Friday again for me
Lol

No grocery shopping day as that was done on yesterday’s Friday

Robo I love your memes...The cat in the carriage was awesome!!! I hope you and your family are well.

Thank you doing well.....if there was such a thing as reincarnation I would want to come back as your kiddo.....you are a great mom.....with all your trip planning and great food.....liv and Charlie and all their friends are lucky to have you in their lives..... that is awesome that they are in a community band with Brian.

He built his own drop trap which works much better than the have a heart. First shot we got her. We put her with her brother and they seem very happy. She has only been with u

Great that Brian was able to trap the cats and they are doing so well.

Meeting Vicki and MonyK at Backwater Bar in IOA for drink at 11am this morning.........so looking forward to

Yeah.....to a Sans family members meeting up.

Tomorrow it's going to be a HIGH of 60! :eek: Up here it's almost "long johns"

It’s going to be 90 here today. It’s supposed to cool down here in the 70’s a couple of days before I fly out.

Morning :wave2: Mac, Keisha, Lynne, Tink, Monyk, Tgrgrl, ckmiles, tlinus, charade and all other family i missed.

Good morning everyone. I just got back from the doctor’s office with a dx of underactive thyroid. New medication for me Yay.

Charade, taught both kids to drive. It does get better. I will say the passenger brake was used quite a bit when little one was learning, and the passenger door was gripped quite a bit when older one learned to drive. It's the car insurance that reminds me both kids drive. LOL
I think I’m going to be doing a lot of door grabbing. I really wish B had the same kind of driver’s ed class in school that I did. I was actually taught tto drive. She only gets the classroom stuff.

Tomorrow it's going to be a HIGH of 60!
Yikes! I want cooler weather, but that is too cool.

Hello to everyone who stops in today. I’m off to attempt something I’ve never tried before - make bread from scratch. Wish me luck.

Charade I also am on thyroid meds and have been for years

After a couple of months on it, you can feel the difference

I get the blood draws every three months as my levels can vary

Many endocrinologists have patients go on the generic Thyroxine
I have to stay on brand name of synthroid
(Allergic to the inert fillers)

You might feel the difference in your body in a month maybe
Some people do

Of course Mr Mac decided on me fixing a different dinner tonight so it was back to the grocery store to get items to make the food.......

It is about time for some of the homies getting ready to hit Orlando for vacation.

I think I’m going to be doing a lot of door grabbing

Yep- been there! actually I still grab doors and yell Slow Down when I drive with the boys(and Joe)!! I'm just a minivan driving old lady I guess!

Weird day- it's near 90 today with like 60 mph winds. Heavy rain is moving in and cooling the temps down to 59 tomorrow! :crazy2: Weather in Buffalo is very strange!

Nice day today- I worked until noon and then spent the afternoon with my mom. Took her to the hair salon, lunch, and to the ice cream parlor for dessert!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!