Something About Nothing ... #12

:wave2: Hi everybody

Hope Janet's ds recovers quickly :grouphug:

Coffee is hot and plentiful Lynne :coffee:

Shopping sounds like fun Carole ...Hope you find something pretty and purple :flower1:
Will be missing you again this year
I’ll be at Disney when you will be at uo

Maybe next year our dates will match up
Sorry to hear we will be missing you again...maybe we could meet at Epcot if I can talk Trey into doing a night at Pop for Food & Wine. Will you be there on the 25th?

Terrible tragedies....when will people actually do something as opposed to just arguing about it :sad2:
1000% DH was reading how many school shootings there are already this year. he was shocked at number-I pointed out its becoming so common place that it's no longer breaking news and THAT is horrible.

Yep plenty of coffee this am Lynne! DH surprised me at work yesterday with mini rose bush (it is tiny right now) and a balloon. Now I really can't wait for spring to get this baby into the ground. I have a couple others rose bushes that started this way...:D Greek shrimp for dinner last night, along with some sparkly grape juice for kids. Unfortunately middle didn't feel well and didn't eat, just went to bed early. She went to school today as she woke up feeling ok. Hope it was a passing thing...

Also started with chicken snuggles. DH even said this hen is "weird". I think she was a cat in previous life.chicksnuggle.JPG Son is trying not to smile but the chicken has her eyes closed all chilled out.
Gotta make a decision on resort soon for June-have to ask kids if they want the same resort as Thanksgiving-Marriott Cypress Harbour which we all loved but no water slide, or back to a Palms (probably Royal Palms) so we can use World center slide (but quiet pools aren't as nice). Or try Sheraton Vistana...those are really the 3 I will consider unless Lakeshore Reserve comes through.

Oldest kid is in tears weekly stressing over homework at school. First time she has really really struggled with school-doubly frustrating as it is a class required for her major (which has always come very easily for her). Doesn't sound like the TA is actually teaching much but just expecting them to "know" this stuff. Her phone interview for summer internship is tomorrow so hope it goes well and she gets Disneyland. Might make rest of school term a bit more bearable for her.

Hope Janet's son is able to recover quickly and that no serious injuries-scary totalling a car!!

Should be working but home I am at is slow today-no admits for 2 weeks due to flu...

I hope Janet knows we have all been thinking of her while she’s been absent.......:hug:

Didn’t get anything Purple today Vicki.......:D Glad to see Trey is coming with you again........

Been a funny old day.........one of my best friends is a University lecturer and she teaches English Literature and travel writing. She asked me to do a speech to her year group as they have used one of my trip reports as a case study.......I was quite pleased. So, I’m going to do a talk about it sometime soon........been a long time since I gave a presentation on anything! One of my degrees is English Literature so she’s trying to convince me to go into part time teaching.........lol.......not now DH has taken early retirement........don’t fancy going out to work while he’s still sleeping.........but it’s nice to be asked.

Quiet night tonight.......wind outside has died down but not very pleasant outside, glad I’m in.

Time for a cuppa..........

Lynne, coffee was very good this morning I got my Starbucks fix.

Keisha prayers for your sons speedy recovery. I know it must have been frightening for him to go through that accident and equally frightening for you to receive that phone call :hug:

Enjoy your time here in Florida. The weather has been beautiful.

Received phone call from daughter-in-law in tears that our grandson was very ill with the flu on Tuesday. He woke up with fever and very congested. Saw doctor and they tested him and he has Influenza A. He was started on tamiflu and so was the rest of the family. This flu that’s going around is bad. Another child that rides his school bus had it and they think that’s where grandson got it.

Spoke with my sister in Indiana and she had it also and said it was awful. She’s said she is about 3 weeks from initial onset and is still weak. She also took tamiflu once diagnosed.

Kyo7 glad to hear your wife is doing better. Sorry to hear of your MIL passing. Prayers for your wife, you and family as you mourn her passing :grouphug:

Hey! Tink Adventura construction looks like it is coming along nicely. Looking forward to seeing the hotel and rooftop bar.

Schumi, heart shaped pancakes. What a nice surprise to wake up to.

Last edited:

Robo, sending prayers that your family with the flu gets well soon. Scary.

Figuring what to have for dinner. Kids come home and want food. Heck, I just got home.

MonyK, who knew, snuggles the chicken. Hope your DS feels better too.

Lucky, just cold or virus that we had. No flu, and my DB that had it is fine, though both his wife and kid now have colds.

So ready for this long weekend.

Hey, caught little one with my KW Salt Life shirt. Apparently, comic like skull on back is fine at school. Sigh. I thought she had her own.

Gotta go, kitchen is calling.

Yep Robo ::yes:: I'm looking forward to staying at Aventura and glad I booked when I did since there's no availability now ...good thing I didn't listen to Trey when he said he wasn't going. It helps that he's planning on taking a friend and only doing HHN to save money. If nothing else they can pool hop and hang out at Citywalk.

Hope your family members heal quickly...this flu season is scary.

Robo, hope grandson and your sister start to feel better real soon.
having that flu is scary stuff.

Ky aka StL, hope you are doing okay and give your wife lots of hugs from us.

janet, relax and enjoy orlando while you are there.
know your boy will do fine real soon.

Monyk, i always get such a kick out of seeing your chicken!
in honor of your chick, i'm not eating any wings again.....

Lynne, screw fixing dinner, eat out...

Sitting on deck with big glass of wine enjoying th 76 degree weather-before winter returns tomorrow. Cheering myself up with vacation plans-getting resort finalized, deposit on cruise in and golf cart for Fort Wilderness rented.

Cool on the presentation Schumi! I suspect your lectures would be entertaining if they are like your trip reports:D

Glad you like the chickie pics Macraven. I get tagg din a lot of chicken memes on FB. Wonder why:rolleyes1:rotfl2:

Thinking leftovers for dinner. Kids are running around outside so no hurry. 33 days til Spring?

1000% DH was reading how many school shootings there are already this year. he was shocked at number-I pointed out its becoming so common place that it's no longer breaking news and THAT is horrible.

Devastating to see another school shooting. Something has to be done to protect the children of our Country for sure.

Monykalyn good luck to your daughter on her interview for Disneyland.

Oops almost forgot that and glad Robo mentioned it

good thoughts and wishes for Monyk daughter for Disney land acceptance cp

Thank you all for your support. It was a shock to hear, worse to see my middle DS suffering.:sad: Concussion, broken bones & lots of stitches on face etc. the Trauma center did a great job.

Unfortunately, it’s going to be slow going for him. He’s in good hands and out of hospital resting as comfortably as possible, but I still hated to leave town for the long-planned trip with GD/DiL for the gymnastics competition, he insisted.:( We’ve been talking several times each day. He has family with him 24-7 & his spirits are good...that’s half the battle.

Facial swelling is still too extreme for the plastic surgeon our family trusts to work his magic. I’m thinking they’ll likely schedule surgery next week, well after I’m home late Tuesday night.

Whole front end of one of my cars was smashed/total loss; he’s really lucky to be alive & I’m so thankful he is!

Last edited:
thanks for updating all of us janet.
many prayers have been said for him and you and family...

just takes time for a person to heal and have swelling subside.
hope you will notice less swelling on him by the time you are home and see your boy.

i speak for all of us when i say we are sending you :grouphug:

Well, i'm wide awake and no one here to play with tonight.....

Guess i should watch some Law and Order reruns again....

I'm trying to figure out how to show some pictures here on the sans.

We have had some warm weather and some of my bushes and flowers have started to bloom.

It blows my mind thinking here it is the middle of February and grass is green and flowers blooming.
Its still winter!!

All the years I lived up north would never believe flowers could bloom in february...
It's still snow season up there....

Lynne, coffee was very good this morning I got my Starbucks fix.

Keisha prayers for your sons speedy recovery. I know it must have been frightening for him to go through that accident and equally frightening for you to receive that phone call :hug:

Enjoy your time here in Florida. The weather has been beautiful.

Received phone call from daughter-in-law in tears that our grandson was very ill with the flu on Tuesday. He woke up with fever and very congested. Saw doctor and they tested him and he has Influenza A. He was started on tamiflu and so was the rest of the family. This flu that’s going around is bad. Another child that rides his school bus had it and they think that’s where grandson got it.

Spoke with my sister in Indiana and she had it also and said it was awful. She’s said she is about 3 weeks from initial onset and is still weak. She also took tamiflu once diagnosed.

Kyo7 glad to hear your wife is doing better. Sorry to hear of your MIL passing. Prayers for your wife, you and family as you mourn her passing :grouphug:

Hey! Tink Adventura construction looks like it is coming along nicely. Looking forward to seeing the hotel and rooftop bar.

Schumi, heart shaped pancakes. What a nice surprise to wake up to.

Robo hope your grandson and sister feel much better soon.....flu can be truly dreadful!

Sitting on deck with big glass of wine enjoying th 76 degree weather-before winter returns tomorrow. Cheering myself up with vacation plans-getting resort finalized, deposit on cruise in and golf cart for Fort Wilderness rented.

Cool on the presentation Schumi! I suspect your lectures would be entertaining if they are like your trip reports:D

Glad you like the chickie pics Macraven. I get tagg din a lot of chicken memes on FB. Wonder why:rolleyes1:rotfl2:

Thinking leftovers for dinner. Kids are running around outside so no hurry. 33 days til Spring?

Thanks MonyK.........that’s nice of you to say.........I met a few members of her group yesterday and they are so nice......and one knew my trip report better than I did which was kind of freaky.......lol......it’s a long time since I did any kind of presentation.

Good luck to your DD......hope she achieves her dreams........

Thank you all for your support. It was a shock to hear, worse to see my middle DS suffering.:sad: Concussion, broken bones & lots of stitches on face etc. the Trauma center did a great job.

Unfortunately, it’s going to be slow going for him. He’s in good hands and out of hospital resting as comfortably as possible, but I still hated to leave town for the long-planned trip with GD/DiL for the gymnastics competition, he insisted.:( We’ve been talking several times each day. He has family with him 24-7 & his spirits are good...that’s half the battle.

Facial swelling is still too extreme for the plastic surgeon our family trusts to work his magic. I’m thinking they’ll likely schedule surgery next week, well after I’m home late Tuesday night.

Whole front end of one of my cars was smashed/total loss; he’s really lucky to be alive & I’m so thankful he is!

Glad you popped in to see us Janet.........I know what an awful time you’ve had with this........sounds like he’s doing incredibly well considering........you’ll be home before you know it!

Well, i'm wide awake and no one here to play with tonight.....

Guess i should watch some Law and Order reruns again....

I'm trying to figure out how to show some pictures here on the sans.

We have had some warm weather and some of my bushes and flowers have started to bloom.

It blows my mind thinking here it is the middle of February and grass is green and flowers blooming.
Its still winter!!

All the years I lived up north would never believe flowers could bloom in february...
It's still snow season up there....

Your pictures were a surprise!!! And a bit jealous as nothing has sprung to life here yet.........usually a few daffodils have popped up........maybe in the next weeks we’ll see a change.......but it must be lovely to see flowers so early..........

Haven’t watched Law and Order in a while.........we are still doing reruns of CSI NY.......adore Gary Sinise in anything.........

Looks a nice day outside today.........cold, but sun will be shining.......trees still look so gloomy......looking forward to seeing them start to bloom!

Off to buy the same piece of furniture we bought last week for dining room........we have a space in the living room that the same piece would fit into to........

Then need to contact a friend I haven’t seen in a while......time passes so quickly.......we get together around 4 or 5 times a year and haven’t seen her since August last year........been too long. She only lives an hour away and like me is a happy housewife, but we always seem to be so busy.....these things happen, but we both feel exactly the same at feeling guilty for not meeting up more and always a joy when we meet up.

But, have a great Friday whatever you’re doing...........

Happy Friday homies!

For those that have a real life, I know weekends are the favorite parts of the week

Missed Charlie time this morning
Will try to catch Kfish next burping session

Unfortunately, it’s going to be slow going for him. He’s in good hands and out of hospital resting as comfortably as possible, but I still hated to leave town for the long-planned trip with GD/DiL for the gymnastics competition, he insisted.:( We’ve been talking several times each day. He has family with him 24-7 & his spirits are good...that’s half the battle
Yes good support IS a big part of battle. Glad he is able to come home too. And as a nutritionist-I hope he is able to take food-even if puree form through a straw. There is always commercial supplements (Boost, Ensure etc) to fall back on, but I usually recommend real food puree and thinned as needed (milk, gravy) with added protein powder along with a shake (made from the ensure or carnation instant breakfast for the vitamins). Sorry if that is too much info or not needed-Nutrition will also help him heal :)
Hope your GD does well in her competition! I have a friend I used to work with who has a daughter in gymnastics - she is pretty young still but is in an ?elite? for her age? not sure if that is the term lol. I like FB for that reason-get to see the kids grow up!

So. Jealous. Super windy here, cold (and dropping this am) and big rainstorm last night.

Chickens saw me through window when I went to wake boy up (he is sleeping and eating more-any day now those pants are gonna be too short!) and bossy hen started demanding treats - she can get loud! Of course I had to give them some :D Yes they have me trained...

Coffee in hand. Bit of work this am from home, errands on tap, then tonight is our Kickoff to Cookoff party for chili cookoff for the sponsors, cook teams, bands and volunteers. Always fun to be able to chat-too busy on day of cookoff to actually visit with people!

Morning Sans family :wave2:

Keisha prayers for your son as he continues to heal after his accident...............and good luck to your grandaughter in her competition in gymnastics.

Spoke with grandson and he sounded so much better.....thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts sent his way.

Told him about plans for vacation in May and it seemed to lift his spirit. Of course the plans are for Universal. I love hanging out with the grandbabies there.......and they love it too.

Hubby and I are going up to Universal for a few days at end of month. He has never been to Universal or any of the Resorts. So I’am excited to show him the parks and the resorts. He has always been so supportive of my love of all things Universal. Looking forward to seeing the Mardi Gras parade and hopefully catching some beads :yay:

Have a good day at work Tink.

Morning Mac, Lynne, Schumi, MonyK and KStar :wave:

Going to neighbors for barbecue with a few other couples this evening. We always enjoy getting together with our neighbors for a fun evening.

Have a great Friday everyone.

Ah, little one is barely moving.

Friday! Wahoo!

Have to do some errands, so I will see if she wants to go with me. If she can drive, which most of the time I let her, she will go. Then also expect some lunch out too. See, usually by 10:30 am, places have soup, even though breakfast is not over yet. Yeah, my kid does not enjoy most breakfast food.

Well, another day that will see temperature falling. 56 at 7am, 36 by 7 pm. A nice bone chilling 20 by Saturday morning. Hello cold front. Go away. That 65 yesterday was lovely. No green or color yet. We won’t see any color until around end of March.

Keisha, thank you for the update on middle DS. I hope he continues to heal without pain. Thankfully, you have good doctors.

Robo, Happy to hear your grandson is feeling better. I hope he recovers fully soon. Yay, the Spring vacations on tap. Nice your DH will come with you on one of those trips. Yum, barbecue. Nice you enjoy meals with your neighbors.

Tink, May your coffee be plentiful and your work hours going quick.

Morning Mac, got your email. I will say no this time. I may skip this year altogether. Little one will have college visits this fall, and that is where my focus will be. I will miss seeing all, and the fun, but there is always next year.

MonyK. Hehe, well trained chicken. Yeah, our weather stinks too. We had two chili cook offs at work so far. All enjoyed eating and voting. I do like chili, just not very hot. I do like a kick, just not burn my mouth level. Have fun.

Morning Kfish, bet little Charlie is getting bigger. Saw, you still had the 2 am bottle duty.

Schumi, seems like you have a nice Friday planned, and yay the sun is out. We have had gray skies for 2 days now. Sigh, winter is not over. Hope you catch up with your friend. Yes, time just flies by if your busy.

With that, I need to holler. Screen in bed, and not moving is going to end.

Later homies! Hey, it is Friday! Make it fantastic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!