Something About Nothing ... #12

Next day a note placed on our door to please stop and see the rep & his hours. Took all of 10 minutes to walk out with my crisp $100 bill but he told me I was ‘black-balled’ from any future Sheraton TS offers. :laughing: No loss there.
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:Pretty sure we got blackballed in Las Vegas years ago. Hope the nice young man didn't lose his job, but how he could beat what we had- why on earth should we spend $20k to buy what we traded into? So many timeshares on the strip that if we don't get first choice it isn't like second or even third choice is "bad".
Yea we unplug phone too- although Marriott has never been high pressure for us. Now the Diamond resort we stayed at in May (through Orbitz)- man that was different story. Still my spiel of "why buy when I can get it cheaper with OTA or accommodation certificate" pretty much stops them. Plus parking was horrendous. That also shut em up pretty quick and I was left alone (probably blackballed there too lol).

Nice evening at Disney Springs, got to see another college friend. Also got to hang at Hangar bar- my fave place in DS. Server knew I'd been before when I ordered usual drink without picking up menu. Opted to go back to resort pool instead of park. Love this resort that the pools don't close until 11. Load in washer and transfer to dryer in am, so don't have tons of laundry to deal with when we get home.

Incredibles 2 was really good. At least as good as original. And already know we have to go see How to train your Dragon when it comes out.

Yep...….Friday again...………

Vicki, it`s the downstairs cloakroom we`re redoing, not any of the upstairs bathrooms...….oh I still have the Presidential Suite shower in my mind whenever we talk about revamping our master bathroom...…..:D Although ours is fairly large......maybe not that large......or so I`m told...…:rotfl:Hope your storm passed quickly!!!

MonyK…...definitely take advantage of those and get travelling again!!!! :thumbsup2 Yes, I didn't think Cowfish sushi was anything sparkling....not as good as Orchids for sure.....but yes, the burgers are lovely!!!

Janet......blackballed doesn't seem too bad from there!!! Least it was somewhere you had no plans to go back to...…

:wave2: to all...…..

So, our joiner and plumber are appearing this morning......hopefully early then we can get out.

Winds have died down and now barely a breeze outside. Looks to be warm...….hopefully. Got a few plans for this morning if these guys are gone quickly, not very exciting though...…

But, have a great Friday...…….

Good Morning!

Schumi, hope your workers do go fast, plans are good, even if not exciting.

Another gorgeous day here. Sun is already shining, and the thermometer inches a bit higher than yesterday, mid 80's today. And, that 25 t0 30 mph wind yesterday, has eased to 2 mph. Tree is doing a slow dance today. And yay, yesterday, I dug out my sun shade for the car. No burning my hands from the hot steering wheel now.

And so happy it is Friday! That's right, the start of the last day of work for a week. The next week will be to do my delayed Spring cleaning, and some day trips with the kids, with a pool dip or two. Oh, and celebrating the summer start.

Let the countdowns continue, Robo, and MonyK, and Agavegirl, hope you all are feeling better today. That goes for any other homies not feeling well today.

HeHe, Keisha was banned. I hate hard sales tactics. Yeah, now, you can rent from those who don't want/can't use their points, and there are other savings at other hotels and places that are a good price, and not locked into anything long term.

Robo, per letters sent, the Loews you first ends December 6 of this year. I, for one, never really got any benefit from it. I rarely stayed at least 2 times in a year, and unlike some other reward programs, benefits earned expire at the end of every year. So, Blue I have been forever.

With that, it's Friday! :dancer:

Laughing over.......

I don’t need to write it down, I,’ll
Remember it

I use that a lot right now!!! I’m a real list maker! Then forget my list.......lol.......

Very productive day.........guys know what they’re doing with downstairs bathroom.........chose all the units and accessories I wanted and then went out and chose flooring and tiles..........Tom loves how I am very decisive with these things. No fussing or faffing about.......when I see what I like, I know it immediately. Easy.

Now need to find out when they can come do it........definitely think it’ll be after our Scotland visit next week. But, it’s getting sorted........

Dull and grey all day today, not cold though so I got 3 loads of laundry out on the line.......all dry, so ironing will be done later or tomorrow.............no plans to go out tonight........going to Watch The Greatest Showman again......loved it!

Glass of wine of course will be on the agenda........:D

Good morning everyone. Busy day today. I had a doctor appointment this morning came home, paid bills, straightened up the house some, and then finished packing. Next I have to get the cat to the boarders, get lunch, then head out for the middle of nowhere in South Carolina. It will be good to see my mom again. I’m just not sure I can survive 2 days with my sister.

Last edited:

Family. Yep, at least you can come home after visiting, Charade. Safe travels.

images
- I am so ready for the week-end.

viernes132009.4.jpg
, and glad it's not Friday, the 13th.

Happy Friday!

Charade - Good luck on your trip. Where exactly in the middle of nowhere are you going? I lived in the middle of nowhere in SC for two years. (And not nowhere in SC for 17 years).

Lynne- Such a positive attitude about the time change of your flight. I'd be grumbling about losing more sleep. I'm a bit of a night owl though.

Have to help the kids finish up their school work at some point today. It's hard getting motivated. Eldest has Dungeons & Dragons at our house tonight so I should probably make sure the house is sort of cleanish order. Not sure about tomorrow's plans - eldest has something in the morning. And hoping to go to the beach on Sunday just for the day. We haven't been to the beach since we moved here. Something always seems to get in the way. We need to be good FL residents and check that off our list. :)

Happy Friday everyone! Another beautiful day here! Not a cloud in the sky!!

Day off from work- but many errands and paperwork to do!! Watered all of our plants- Joe planted some veggies- tomatoes,peppers and cucumbers. They're doing very well! Hope our harvest is good!

Monyk- Enjoy the rest of your vacay!

Lynne- enjoy next week's day trips with the kids! and just a bit of cleaning!

Charade- Have a great trip! Hope it goes smoothly with your family!

Schumi and Mac- If it's not on my calendar or a post it- I'm done! it won't happen. Did you ever forget what you were supposed to write down by the time you get a pen and paper???

Kohlby-Lucky FL resident! It's funny how as a local you don't do the touristy stuff like when you're on vacation! We live 20 minutes from Niagara Falls- a wonder of the world! and we haven't been there in a few years!

Good morning :coffee:

Hope you survive your visit with your sister Charade...happy travels :goodvibes

Kohlby...get thee to the beach :beach:

Patty...I just harvested my first cherry tomatoes of the season... the only other thing I have is jalapenos now but cucumbers are forming on the vines.

I'm trying to talk myself into painting the bathroom today. At least then I would get one of the things on my chore list done.

On the continuing tales of Sasha the crazy husky...she decided to fish a plastic fork out of the trash last night during the thunderstorm. I looked down to see her pawing at her mouth like she had something stuck in the roof of her mouth. .she had managed to break off a tine and wedge it sideways so it stuck to the top of her mouth :headache: I tried to get it but couldn't get a firm grip so I woke Trey up and he was finally able to get her to be still enough to get it out....silly dog :dog:

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend :flower1:

Charade - Good luck on your trip. Where exactly in the middle of nowhere are you going? I lived in the middle of nowhere in SC for two years. (And not nowhere in SC for 17 years).

The town where my mom lives is Kershaw. We are actually staying at a hotel in the nearby town of Camden.

I just saw Santa Claus in Cracker Barrel. He’s taller than I expected.

Patty...I just harvested my first cherry tomatoes of the season... the only other thing I have is jalapenos now but cucumbers are forming on the vines.

We're on such a late planting schedule up north. We just planted a few weeks ago and won't pick anything until late July-early Aug. But I love the fresh veggies from a home garden!!

I just saw Santa Claus in Cracker Barrel. He’s taller than I expected.

:laughing: So happy Santa is enjoying some sun and warmth in the south!! He deserves it!! Hope your meal was good!! Cracker Barrel has some yummy comfort food!

The town where my mom lives is Kershaw. We are actually staying at a hotel in the nearby town of Camden.
I have heard of Kershaw. I'm thinking I likely passed through on the way to go hiking or to a race. Camden is much more well known though.

Kohlby-Lucky FL resident! It's funny how as a local you don't do the touristy stuff like when you're on vacation! We live 20 minutes from Niagara Falls- a wonder of the world! and we haven't been there in a few years!
Well, we do go to Disney and Universal quite a bit. And then there's Sea World and Busch Gardens on occasion too. So I can't say we don't do much touristy stuff. Just Disney, Universal, and Sea World are so much closer than the beach so it's so much easier to fit in whenever. I blame my children. :) They have too many activities that get in the way. We can work around their schedules or leave them behind for the theme park but not the beach.

Ack, the trials of Sasha, Tink. Yep, Mr. Shovel Paws, aka Barney, was also Mr. Trash Raider. We thought one of those you step on to open was the ideal trashcan for a trash eating dog. Nope, after dinner, we'd hear a clink, then a thump. Came around the kitchen corner, and the clink was his paw on the step and the thump was apparently, the lid on his head, as I guess the weight of his paw was not hard enough to fully open the lid. We ended up turning that trash can around after using it. Gotta love dogs though.

No local produce yet, for around me either. Jersey tomatoes will be in around end of July. Local sellers along the road, we always stop and get those tomatoes as we travel to the shore, or, several times last year, to a soccer tournament.

So ready to be in shorts and a T shirt.

Enjoy Cracker Barrels too, but no Santa seen here. Guess Santa likes it further South. LOL

Happy Friday everyone! Another beautiful day here! Not a cloud in the sky!!

Day off from work- but many errands and paperwork to do!! Watered all of our plants- Joe planted some veggies- tomatoes,peppers and cucumbers. They're doing very well! Hope our harvest is good!

Monyk- Enjoy the rest of your vacay!

Lynne- enjoy next week's day trips with the kids! and just a bit of cleaning!

Charade- Have a great trip! Hope it goes smoothly with your family!

Schumi and Mac- If it's not on my calendar or a post it- I'm done! it won't happen. Did you ever forget what you were supposed to write down by the time you get a pen and paper???

I was blaming my age for having to write notes everywhere for everything.......but my friends daughter who is 27 told me today she does exactly the same thing........made me feel slightly better!

If it’s not on our calendar or my diary, it’s not happening.

Good morning :coffee:

Hope you survive your visit with your sister Charade...happy travels :goodvibes

Kohlby...get thee to the beach :beach:

I'm trying to talk myself into painting the bathroom today. At least then I would get one of the things on my chore list done.

On the continuing tales of Sasha the crazy husky...she decided to fish a plastic fork out of the trash last night during the thunderstorm. I looked down to see her pawing at her mouth like she had something stuck in the roof of her mouth. .she had managed to break off a tine and wedge it sideways so it stuck to the top of her mouth :headache: I tried to get it but couldn't get a firm grip so I woke Trey up and he was finally able to get her to be still enough to get it out....silly dog :dog:

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend :flower1:

Aww bless the puppy!! Glad you were there and Trey too........loving the sound of growing your own jalapeños!!

Sounds like a job Vicki.........painting bathrooms is never fun! You have a good weekend too :wave2:

We're on such a late planting schedule up north. We just planted a few weeks ago and won't pick anything until late July-early Aug. But I love the fresh veggies from a home garden!!

:laughing: So happy Santa is enjoying some sun and warmth in the south!! He deserves it!! Hope your meal was good!! Cracker Barrel has some yummy comfort food!

We don’t grow much, but we do have a whole load of fruit trees and every year we give the apples, pears and plums to the farmer next to us who has a business in chutneys and various other items, and she makes all sorts with them........we do get some chutneys and a few pies out of our yearly yield :thumbsup2........they would be wasted otherwise.......but I’d love to grow a few more things......but, I am not green fingered at all. Our gardener says I could kill grass just by walking on it :rotfl:

We are having a lovely red Sangria tonight........put it in a large pitcher with a tap on it.......added a load of good brandy, Orange juice, loads of blackberries, strawberries and blueberries and then topped off with sparkling lemonade, kind of like your sprite. And large glasses too..........::yes::

Olives, manchego cheese with crackers and cream cheese stuffed cherry tomatoes are our snack of choice tonight.......with some spicy potato chips......don’t exactly go together but we like crisps as we call them.......

Have a great Friday night.........

And the sangria must have made me mellow......we’re even watching Spain vs Portugal in the World Cup.......::yes::

I was blaming my age for having to write notes everywhere for everything.......but my friends daughter who is 27 told me today she does exactly the same thing........made me feel slightly better!

If it’s not on our calendar or my diary, it’s not happening.

I write everything down too. If I have to be somewhere on a certain day/time, then it MUST be written on my calendar or it isn't happening. I am finding that I can't keep as many things in my head at once as I used to. So age could be part of it - or maybe age made me realize my energy was better spent on other things.

I write everything down too. If I have to be somewhere on a certain day/time, then it MUST be written on my calendar or it isn't happening. I am finding that I can't keep as many things in my head at once as I used to. So age could be part of it - or maybe age made me realize my energy was better spent on other things.

It is so much easier when things are written down :thumbsup2........I agree, it makes life easier when we all know want each of us is doing......although Tom and I being joined at the hip now all the time makes that a bit easier........::yes::

It just might be age of course.............:scratchin

Kohlby- What parts of SC did you live in?

We are still traveling. Should arrive at our destination sometime between 7:30-8.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter