Something About Nothing ... #12

Hey! Everyone :wave2:

We are having a lovely red Sangria tonight........put it in a large pitcher with a tap on it.......added a load of good brandy, Orange juice, loads of blackberries, strawberries and blueberries and then topped off with sparkling lemonade, kind of like your sprite. And large glasses too..........::yes::

Wow........ your description of the Sangria mix with all the fruit, brandy and lemonade has me wishing I was there for big glass. The snacks sound yummy too ::yes::

Charade have a safe trip.

Watched World Cup games too.

Then went shopping and did a Taco Bell stop on the way home. Now making beef stir fry. DH ate his meal and some of mine at Taco Bell, and declared still hungry. Older one is home and crying hunger too. I am a good mom, spouse. LOL

Beautiful Friday evening, and the traffic to get where we need to shop was crazy, as antique cars and people in the street everywhere in the little town with a single lane we had to go through.

:wave2: Robo, I hope you are feeling much better, with no pain and aches. Sending good thoughts to you and your DH.

Hey robbie!

Who knew so many of us here were renegades on blacklists lol! Friends we met up with in Feb @ WDW waxed on & on how nice the Holiday Inn (i believe?) near Animal Kingdom was. They pricelined it i believe for a steal. Didn’t even know it was there.:confused3

If i had to pick one in the area other than DVC, WBC is absolutely lovely but, it can be had for such a low rate, why bother honestly. Interesting tho there that so many apparantly own so many points, they make a business out of renting. Don’t see how they mange to make a profit.

First day this season i was able to laze in my pool for a solid hour with anyone bugging me:worship:

Tink yikes was there blood involved? You sound like a remarkably calm & capable woman.:thumbsup2

Full day tomorrow & Sunday:banana:supposed to be a beautiful weekend for a change. Charade’s off to SC, Monyk still enjoying her trip.

Last night in Florida. Gotta packnit up tomorrow tonhead home. Not in a rush though- DD’s day off is tomorrow and we want to spend some time with her.
Closed down Universal today- got here at 10ish so long day. Met dd before she had to work for lunch at Citywalk. Another OMG on shakes. All our food was sooooo good. Had her valet then dh walked her down after to use our pass for comp valet. Currently waiting on our car (we have four passes with this privilege so why not use it?). Got another all day EP, and pass EP after 4 was working so we did most rides this evening twice. Love FJ! And I think we’ve now down Spiderman 5 or 6 times this trip- still sons favorite. Did some stuff in Suess area too that we hadn’t done. We enjoyed Fallon ride, but we like him so can see why it wouldn’t be to everyone’s taste. And Hulk is awesome. I Never did get on RRR as it seems that ride goes down every 2 minutes. And a gripe- why does all CS stuff close at 8 (IOA) when park open til 10? Kids and I had a snack earlier at LC while dh rode Simpson’s. So we were fine but dh was starving around 8:30- had to get a pretzel as that’s all that was open!
Tired, fun day. Ready to go home. Then Chicago in 3 weeks, and back to Florida a month after that to help big kidult pack up and drive back.
And I’ll start tracking airfare for September - looking like 2nd or 3rd weekend is where no band scheduled. If we come for HHN likely just me and middle dd maybe dh too. Would leave boy home as this is not something he’d enjoy

Happy weekend!

Waiting for little one. Concert going tonight. The men are asleep but not me. I want to hear her come in.

Still waiting. Do I retire, or wait up? Confirmed she has a key.

Light on for her and all the other night owls. Hey, just about midnight.

Kohlby- What parts of SC did you live in?

We are still traveling. Should arrive at our destination sometime between 7:30-8.
I spent most of my time there right outside of Augusta, GA - but on the SC side of the river. I did a year in Columbia. And two years at Batesburg-Leesville. (Taught there for three years). That was my rural area! When I first moved there, I'd just pick a state park and go hiking by myself, so I saw a lot of them. A couple years after living there, I did a state-wide race circuit so I traveled all over the state for that. So, I saw quite a bit of the state.

It’s almost 1:00 and I can’t sleep. Not a god way to start off a trip. We made the mistake of trusting Siri to get us here. We took an interesting drive through parts of rural NC. We went through a little town called Morven. I think it has less than 500 residents. It also had some really cute churches.

I spent most of my time there right outside of Augusta, GA - but on the SC side of the river. I did a year in Columbia. And two years at Batesburg-Leesville. (Taught there for three years). That was my rural area! When I first moved there, I'd just pick a state park and go hiking by myself, so I saw a lot of them. A couple years after living there, I did a state-wide race circuit so I traveled all over the state for that. So, I saw quite a bit of the state.

My husband used to live in Aiken, SC. I believe that is near Augusta. He’s lived in several places in SC.

Hey! Everyone :wave2:

Wow........ your description of the Sangria mix with all the fruit, brandy and lemonade has me wishing I was there for big glass. The snacks sound yummy too ::yes::

It really is the best Sangria around......if I do say so myself :rotfl: We`re not fussy if it`s sparkling white sangria, or red.....long as it`s strong and fruity we`re happy.....and everyone who`s tried it loves it!!! Strong!

Hope you`re doing better...…...:wave2:

Hey robbie!

Who knew so many of us here were renegades on blacklists lol! Friends we met up with in Feb @ WDW waxed on & on how nice the Holiday Inn (i believe?) near Animal Kingdom was. They pricelined it i believe for a steal. Didn’t even know it was there.:confused3

If i had to pick one in the area other than DVC, WBC is absolutely lovely but, it can be had for such a low rate, why bother honestly. Interesting tho there that so many apparantly own so many points, they make a business out of renting. Don’t see how they mange to make a profit.

First day this season i was able to laze in my pool for a solid hour with anyone bugging me:worship:

Tink yikes was there blood involved? You sound like a remarkably calm & capable woman.:thumbsup2

Full day tomorrow & Sunday:banana:supposed to be a beautiful weekend for a change. Charade’s off to SC, Monyk still enjoying her trip.

You wouldn't believe where I was once banned from...….:blush: will tell you in an email ......absolutely ridiculous and boring story really but I was being a protective mother......in my defense :laughing:

Lazing in your pool sounds lovely!!! Glad you`re having some lovely weather too...….

Last night in Florida. Gotta packnit up tomorrow tonhead home. Not in a rush though- DD’s day off is tomorrow and we want to spend some time with her.
Closed down Universal today- got here at 10ish so long day. Met dd before she had to work for lunch at Citywalk. Another OMG on shakes. All our food was sooooo good. Had her valet then dh walked her down after to use our pass for comp valet. Currently waiting on our car (we have four passes with this privilege so why not use it?). Got another all day EP, and pass EP after 4 was working so we did most rides this evening twice. Love FJ! And I think we’ve now down Spiderman 5 or 6 times this trip- still sons favorite. Did some stuff in Suess area too that we hadn’t done. We enjoyed Fallon ride, but we like him so can see why it wouldn’t be to everyone’s taste. And Hulk is awesome. I Never did get on RRR as it seems that ride goes down every 2 minutes. And a gripe- why does all CS stuff close at 8 (IOA) when park open til 10? Kids and I had a snack earlier at LC while dh rode Simpson’s. So we were fine but dh was starving around 8:30- had to get a pretzel as that’s all that was open!
Tired, fun day. Ready to go home. Then Chicago in 3 weeks, and back to Florida a month after that to help big kidult pack up and drive back.
And I’ll start tracking airfare for September - looking like 2nd or 3rd weekend is where no band scheduled. If we come for HHN likely just me and middle dd maybe dh too. Would leave boy home as this is not something he’d enjoy

Happy weekend!

Glad you`ve had such a nice visit and sounds like you covered a lot of ground there...….and nice you have your plans in order for more trips!!! I forget though, have you done HHN before...….brain fade moment, I forget who has been and who hasn't.

It’s almost 1:00 and I can’t sleep. Not a god way to start off a trip. We made the mistake of trusting Siri to get us here. We took an interesting drive through parts of rural NC. We went through a little town called Morven. I think it has less than 500 residents. It also had some really cute churches.

My husband used to live in Aiken, SC. I believe that is near Augusta. He’s lived in several places in SC.

Hope you got to sleep ok......hate when you go to bed tired but, your brain has other ideas!!

Saturday again...…….not the nicest of days but we have to get rain later. Rained early this morning, but I love lying in bed listening to it fall...…

No plans today at all. The machine for mowing the lawn was delivered. It`s like a small car. Still, I wont be using it.

Making spicy beef burgers for dinner tonight, just Tom and I so, extra spicy...…..

Have a great Saturday everyone :wave2:...…..

Hope you got to sleep ok......hate when you go to bed tired but, your brain has other ideas!!
Sadly, no. I eventually fell asleep only to wake up around 2:20. The rest of the night was a series of sleep a little then be awake awhile. My sister texted me at 7:30 this morning asking if I was up. I told her not really. I was awake but everyone else was asleep.
This is going to be a long day.

Sadly, no. I eventually fell asleep only to wake up around 2:20. The rest of the night was a series of sleep a little then be awake awhile. My sister texted me at 7:30 this morning asking if I was up. I told her not really. I was awake but everyone else was asleep.
This is going to be a long day.

Caffeine will be a life preserver today. If you drank, i’d Suggest a Bloody Mary or mimosa to take the ‘family’ edge off things lol

Carole - you Spivey thing you :p

Lynne - had to share this pic, not sure if you’ve seen it yet. My oldest DS is good buds with a scout from the eagles. He got to try it on last night, pretty sure he’s still smiling lol

95791CFA-7970-4F64-81A3-C4E494198187.jpeg

Yep, all over the news yesterday,Keisha. Was a nice looking ring. Heard the owner asked if the guys wanted bling. Resounding yes. Why not?!

BCF2A7EB-CE94-40F0-B972-E8E6F8197CE9.jpeg

Breakfast with the otters was nice. Though little one declared the coffee bad. Mine was fine, mostly cream.

Now, lunch memorial for my Aunt.

Then, some errands.

Hope all are enjoying a stunning weather Saturday.

About to finish packing up and load up car for trek home. Made it to DS to do the Aerophile balloon, couldn’t decide on lunch but ended up at Kona Cafe at the Poly. Love their food. Ready to be home. Will probably stop somewhere tonight, although last time dh and I took turns napping and we could have driven straight through. Will see how we do.

DD got to ride slinky dog coaster ((Toy story land) Thursday as part of the “pep rally “ all DHS cm’s get, and she’s going again today (signed up before she knew what Thursday was about). She’s taking a friend from previous program who’s doing a PI and didn’t get an invite to ride. Plus apparently they are gifting the DHS cms a “preview day” June 21 where they can bring 2 guests to the land with park admission included!! Think they are trying to drum up enthusiasm?? This is in addition to the extra park tickets to use for month of June. She’s not terribly impressed with the land nor the planning of it- one QS with only about seating for 100, plus she said there is no shade anywhere.

Schumi- never been to HHN! Need to get flights sorted soon, have lots of choices for accommodations in the area resorts ($200 for a 2bed condo for a week)- if this trip happens will need to be in the cheaper side.

Ready to be home!

Yes it is. I used to go to the science center in Aiken frequently and it took me 30 minutes. That's how long it now takes me from drive way to parking space at Universal, Sea World, and Disney now. So I think of it as a drive to Aiken still. My first teaching job was working for Aiken county. (Though not in Aiken).

About to finish packing up and load up car for trek home. Made it to DS to do the Aerophile balloon, couldn’t decide on lunch but ended up at Kona Cafe at the Poly. Love their food. Ready to be home. Will probably stop somewhere tonight, although last time dh and I took turns napping and we could have driven straight through. Will see how we do.

DD got to ride slinky dog coaster ((Toy story land) Thursday as part of the “pep rally “ all DHS cm’s get, and she’s going again today (signed up before she knew what Thursday was about). She’s taking a friend from previous program who’s doing a PI and didn’t get an invite to ride. Plus apparently they are gifting the DHS cms a “preview day” June 21 where they can bring 2 guests to the land with park admission included!! Think they are trying to drum up enthusiasm?? This is in addition to the extra park tickets to use for month of June. She’s not terribly impressed with the land nor the planning of it- one QS with only about seating for 100, plus she said there is no shade anywhere.

Schumi- never been to HHN! Need to get flights sorted soon, have lots of choices for accommodations in the area resorts ($200 for a 2bed condo for a week)- if this trip happens will need to be in the cheaper side.

Ready to be home!
Did she like slinky dog? I think it will be a cute area but my expectations are no where near the Pandora area. HS needed some more attractions so I'm glad there's more in there. I keep checking for fastpasses just in case and haven't found any.

You must get to HHN. It's a lot of fun!

Safe travels MonyK. Nice your DD got to ride, though if no shade, I will not be a fan. But I do enjoy seeing new places to explore. We like DS, and the Kona Cafe. Though since Kona changed their menu, we decided to try the Wave, and both my kids want to go back to the Wave again. Steaks there were very good.

Decided pasta tonight. Little one went to work this afternoon, about 1/2 hour ago, she texted she was starved. Not sure when she is coming home, but I guess I should put the pot of water on the stove now.

Squirlz, still watching?

Not much on TV, but finishing up watching the news.

Have a sweet dreaming Saturday night homies.

Kohlby- yeah she likes it-says it was a cross between Barnstormer and Mine Train-higher off ground than Mine train and not as fast, but longer. Today she got to be a "timer" was handed a piece of paper with her entry time into queue-full of CMs waiting- to see how long it took to get on ride- 28 minutes with no FP running but 2 trains. Think I read somewhere 3 trains are max for the ride?. And I'd keep checking for FP and of course the Dis is best place to watch for release of them. I remember they released extra last year for Pandora and I picked up a second set, and I want to say that happened in the fall too?

We enjoy Kona, had lunch last week at Contempo cafe but sat in bar area on other side of Chef Mickey and sat by the window. The food we got at Contempo was good too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!