Something About Nothing............ #14

Charade.....yes, there are many people being employed here too to keep shelves stocked......more people going around is the down side.

Robo…...yes, we applaud all of our NHS staff here for the work they are doing under terrible conditions.....it`s heartbreaking to see how exhausted they are.
Yes, a few extra drinks here and there will do no harm at all......may do some the world of good…..I am practicing that philosophy over here right now!!!!
Hope you get back home when you need to......

Pumpkin.....yes it kind of sucks....but not sure we`d really want to be flying to Orlando in May now anyway the more we think of it.....what will be and all that.....yes, a fully stocked wine room (large walk in storage room really) and healthy liquor cabinets can always lift your spirit!!! Dreadful story about the doctor....no, you can`t fix stupid!! Hope you`re doing well and don't work too hard...…:)

Lynne....pizza is on our thoughts for tomorrow evening, if our usual place hasn't shut down...….we did think of it tonight, but I had already planned dinner...….

cam.....our local little stores are fairly well stocked, apart from pasta and tp of course......I like Lidl for a few things over here, they have very good continental meats...….gloomy day here too.....have a good one......

mac....hope the flu has disappeared along with the headaches......not nice thing to happen!!! Many hugs......

And hugs to Keisha too who had her dental surgery yesterday......look forward to seeing you back posting again...….

And while I`m here...…..Vicki...….:wave2: Come back soon, we miss you...….

Feeling very anti social right now...….friends have all been texting and talking on WhatsApp...….goodness knows what we`ll be like in a few weeks!!!

Tom and I are quite happy in our own bubble, we`re used to being together 24 hours a day and we like it that way........but some of my friends aren't used to their husbands being around quite so much and are finding it.....shall we say different......lol.....

Seeing pictures of folks lining up waiting on stores opening up around 5am. Lines were huge...….there is no food shortages, but these folks don't seem to understand that...….yes, we have designated senior shoppers only times. I think there is a campaign for emergency services and NHS workers to be able to have similar. There was a heartbreaking picture of an emergency service worker in a grocery store aisle where there was nothing to buy....it had been cleared. The Government is begging folks to stop panic buying...….no one seems to be listening.

Our Government finally decided to close bars, pubs and clubs yesterday, but maybe too late.

My friend is supposed to be flying in 4 weeks time and was weirdly told her flight is still going!!! Very confusing info all around as there is still a flight ban...….who knows!!!

Made chocolate rice krispie cakes yesterday for Kyle and Tom, some cherry and coconut scones for Tom and I........all gone today......and today made chicken mac n cheese using evaporated milk...…..it was delicious.......but so filling!!!! Glad I never made the apple pie I planned to bake. We are stuffed.

I very rarely take pictures of food I make at home.....but one of my friends wanted the recipe and to see what it should look like...I was clueless really as I never follow a recipe......but gave her the general ingredients and guessed amounts......I didn`t have actual macaroni pasta, so used conchiglie instead.....

mac%20n%20cheese%202-XL.jpg

Have a good Saturday night...…….Rush Hour 2 for us tonight.....and yes, wine...….🍷

Seeing pictures of folks lining up waiting on stores opening up around 5am. Lines were huge...….there is no food shortages, but these folks don't seem to understand that.

I usually order my groceries online and then pick them up after work. Past 3 weeks, I havent gotten any of the meat I ordered. I sent my kid to the store during the day thinking that might work and he came home with 2 frozen turkey wings.

Today, Jeff and I split up, he was outside Walmart in line about 10 minutes before the opened. By the time he got inside, no ground beef, he bought steaks and a huge slab of salmon ( I dont eat fish). I was outside Aldis in line an hour before they opened, but we have a victory. The kids get to eat another week. I didnt hoard, just took enough for the week, but my freezer is bare. Dont know where all the meat is. People must have enough in their freezer for a year.

Our Government finally decided to close bars, pubs and clubs yesterday, but maybe too late.

Wish ours would. Half the states say stay home the other half I guess are waiting until it gets worse. Kids are out of school, but they are not staying home. Hoping for the best, but it is scary. Not being able to be with mom and other family and friends is just awful.

Everybody stay safe.

Last edited:
I just got back from Kroger. It is insane out there. No bread at all, the soup aisle was very low, most of the canned and frozen veggies were gone, very little pasta left. (Mostly gluten free) I managed to get a package of fettuccine and a jar of Alfredo sauce. No rice or beans, and no hamburger or chicken. I was going to make a white bean chicken chili next week, but need the chicken. Oh, almost forgot, there was no Spam on the shelves. That's how desperate people have gotten.
I started buying stuff just because it was there. I got Pillsbury crescent rolls and biscuits, fruit cups, instant pudding, and even a box of hamburger helper. (Yeh, I know, but at least it is food....sort of.)

I'm going to try one more store for chicken.......

Target dinner time run, and done. LOL. Yep, had to get stuff from 2 Targets, as one was better stocked than the other. And had to do a Taco Bell run, so oddly, dinner is still not requested yet. No matter, burgers it is when ever hunger strikes.

Hope all Saturday night is a great one.

Morning homies!!!! It is very interesting reading the state of affairs throughout the world on our little forum. I thought I would chirp in with the way things are in the Toronto area. We are now about 10 days into schools being closed and most many businesses sending people home to work and everyone being told to practice social distancing. Restaurants are all just take out now. Most retailers are closed except large ones like Walmart and drug stores and grocery stores and liquor stores. Many, many places have curb-side pick-up and delivery for people who can't go into stores.

There are so many people outdoors but avoiding each other. Lots of stories of the stupids coming home from out of country travel and not self-isolating for 14 days as they have been told to. You really have to wonder about some people.

Our grocery stores are in good shape (other than toilet paper, facial tissue and flour). Lots of fresh fruits and veggies, meat and normal other supplies. They are being very careful in stores to wipe things down at the cash after each use as well as grocery carts and making sure people maintain a distance of 6 ft when standing in line.

And then there is my 92 year old dad who just wants to go to Walmart in the worst way. It's so difficult to convince him that he needs to stay home and protect himself and my 93 year old mom.

Just need some warm weather!!!!

Hunker down, Homies!!!

Vicki......I have a delivery coming on Thursday morning.....although so many items now out of stock, I have no clue what we’ll get when it arrives! Yes, if everyone just bought what they needed, we’d be fine.

I went out this morning to drop some items off to the farm, drove past through the village and saw kids and families heading to see parents still. Unbelievable. I doubt we’ll see kids staying in either.

It’s Mother’s Day in the U.K. so seems as though some are listening and some aren’t.

damo......so good to see you!! Off topic, I always thought you lived on the other side of Canada?? Not sure why I thought that.......

It‘s got to be tough for your parents......they sound very independent still.......usually a good thing, but trying to have them stay home is another.

Our schools just broke up Friday, so will be interesting to see if everyone follows advice. Glad to hear you have plenty of fresh foods.......:wave2:

Hugs to mac, Keisha and tink1957..........:wave2:

Oddest Mother’s Day in a long time........restaurants are closing and families, mostly aren’t getting together.

I called my mum this morning and she is now in self isolation due to her age. My sister was taking her things today and they’ll talk through the door. She will struggle as she is so active, she is out every day doing something and will miss going to church too.

We should have been up there today spending he day with her.......

For us, I got a lovely card off of Kyle, flowers and a gift card. Tonight I’ll make us a rib of beef......kind of special I guess for Mother’s Day......

Plan to walk around outside in the garden for a while as it is such a beautiful day.......won’t be doing anything else.

Kyle is back at work tomorrow, seems financial folks are essential. And we have a hospital appointment on Wednesday, it’s not been cancelled which we thought it might.

Grocery stores here are not fun at all. Pictures all over showing crazy lines and empty shelves.

Dreading next time we need to go........only one store seems to be making folks stand a reasonable distance apart. We’ll go to that one.......

But, with all that......have a great Sunday whatever you’re doing......

E5779DC5-56E8-4A35-A45F-9783CD8524FE.jpeg

Happy Mother’s Day, Schumi. Nice gifts from Kyle. Dinner sounds good.

Sunny bright, and cool, high won’t ever see 50 degrees. But the doves must be happy, as heard them cooing from early this morning.

Ah, late breakfast for me, cereal. Easy, and since had eggs yesterday, thinking not today. Burgers last night were lovely, with my home made salsa. Yes, we even added some corn in it. Yum. And nothing left, so guess all were hungry by 8 last night.

Hurrah, it is a Sunday, hug your mom, if ya can, or give her a call. And to all those mums out there, Happy Mother’s Day to you.

Ah yes, a day to stay in. May make more tea, as it’s going to be that kinda day. Hope all the homies are feeling good, and enjoying home life. ☀️ day, homies! Good Morning!

Thanks Lynne......it`s a very surreal day for sure...…..

We are glad we didn't get rid of Netflix and Amazon Prime as we had planned to do.....I always said I never watched anything on them.....well, we have enjoyed a few things recently with many more shows that do appeal to us.....

Watched The Sinner with Bill Pullman and a just about to watch the second series of a show called You. It`s a similar concept to Dexter where the lead character talks to you as the show goes on.....wasn't sure at first, but it was good. Second series tonight.....

Had some fresh air too, only around our own property though......it`s nice to get out and about, weather is cold but so beautiful today with huge expanses of blue sky which is so nice to see. Ready for some warmer weather now though :thumbsup2

Good Morning!

Happy Mother's Day @schumigirl and all UK moms out there. I hope you all have a relaxing day and enjoyable day.

No plans for today. Going to try to stay in as much as possible. I have spent way too much time (and money) in the grocery stores and since we have confirmed cases in my area, I need to be a little more cautious about my outings. So far 1 case in my city and 1 in each of the surrounding cities and counties. We had one death in the northern part of the state yesterday. The governor still has not closed restaurants and bars. Just limited occupancy to 10 or less. Schools are closed this week. DH and I still have to go to work tomorrow.

Sunny day today but a bit cold. Leftover chili for dinner tonight. May do some baking later. Told my DH that we are all going to walk out of our houses 20lbs heavier when this is over.🤣

Made chocolate rice krispie cakes yesterday for Kyle and Tom, some cherry and coconut scones for Tom and I........all gone today......and today made chicken mac n cheese using evaporated milk...…..it was delicious.......but so filling!!!! Glad I never made the apple pie I planned to bake. We are stuffed.

Yum! Love food pics. Looks delish!

Hello all! Was reading this last page, I’ll try to catch up more later, waiting for my daughter to come over. We plan on a hike around a lake nearby. Hopefully not many people will be there. We’re lucky here that we live close to nature and there’s always a forest trail nearby. Don’t want to go alone because, well, bears!

Yesterday made dogo cookies, and Key Lime Pie. Had to use regular limes but it’s still good. Burgers for dinner cooked on the bbq. We’ve been having amazing weather this week. Soon to change to rain ☔
Today overcast.

Im glad we returned on the 9th from Mexico. When we left for our vacay nothing was happening. Crazy.
We heard from our friend we were staying with, they’ve shut down everything now, schools, bars, restaurant. What a change. When we left they had no cases. The Mexican govt has acted fast.

Here in BC, everything is closed except daycares, essential services. Grocery and pharmacy and liquor store, I’d say that’s essential lol. Some restaurants still open for take out only. Senior store openings here.
We have a gourmet icecream place in the park by the inlet who closed for the time being, but had to get rid of product so this weekend they were taking orders online. Was told a timeframe to come pick up at the parking lot Amazed how many cars there were waiting for orders. We were told to leave flashers on so they know. I have my priorities lol. Got 2 containers. One was Earl Grey and honey for me. The other brown sugar butter pecan for Mr!

Most people have been good about distancing except this one jack wagon. I was at the grocery in the dairy case, getting some heavy cream for whipping. A guy comes around the back of me, reaches over me to take out his carton of milk. What the heck. I was taken by surprise and words evaded me. That’s rude in normal times, but now :scared: that’s just so wrong.

Had brother in law over last night for his usual Saturday night dinner.

Looking forward to my tv shows tonite.

Mac I hope you’re well!

Schumi well May is still a bit away, most hotels and airlines are relaxing their cancellation rules. It’s not looking good for travel but there’s time to wait and see. We have a weekend booked in May here, only 1.5 hr drive to a hot springs resort for Mother’s Day. Waiting and seeing.

I have 2 WDW trips booked, the one in Aug with my oldest dd. I‘m concerned about that one. The next is Nov/Dec with friends.

Anyone watching Netflix, I know the name is odd, but I just finished all the seasons (5) of Peaky Blinders and loved it. Didn’t hurt the lead is easy on the eyes, lol. Also watched Anne With an E, that was very good too!

Stay well everyone :wave2:

It finally happened. We got our first confirmed virus case in my county today. It has been reported that it is a woman in her 70's who is self quarantined right now.

I spent the morning helping B sort through all the stuff she brought home. We packed up her dorm bedding, cleaning supplies, and other stuff she won't need for now.

Vicki - Have we actually met yet? I've only been in this group a couple of years.

Damo - Sounds like I need to take a trip to Toronto. People here are getting crazy when it comes to buying food.

Schumi - Happy Mother's Day.

Cam - I will understand if the governor chooses to close restaurants and bars, but part of me hopes they can stay open for to go orders. It's getting harder to find food isn't he grocery stores.

Mac- Good to see you. Hope you are on the mend.

Sue - Welcome back.

I am dreading going to work tomorrow.

I don't know how this telehealth thing is going to work out. We are so not ready to go live.

Good evening homies, hope all are well!
@macraven get well soon! I'm sorry you're sick.
Past 3 weeks, I havent gotten any of the meat I ordered.
Ugh! That stinks. I have to say though, some of our grocery stores stopped doing online orders.
Restaurants are all just take out now.
We're having some restaurants here that are closing completely now. They did take out, like pizza places, but they are closing now too.
Many, many places have curb-side pick-up and delivery for people who can't go into stores.
I got an email today from Lyft announcing how they are willing to help by delivering food to low income families with children and seniors. I was very happy to hear that.
They're also offering rides to medical facilities if needed.
And then there is my 92 year old dad who just wants to go to Walmart in the worst way. It's so difficult to convince him that he needs to stay home and protect himself and my 93 year old mom.
I am right there with you! My father is 80 (next month) and is chomping at the bit to go out. We caught him today right before he left for the store and my husband went instead. Now they are set for two weeks so he doesn't need to go out. It's so hard.
It’s Mother’s Day in the U.K
Happy Mother's Day!
The governor still has not closed restaurants and bars
Sorry if this is personal, but where are you?
Im glad we returned on the 9th from Mexico. When we left for our vacay nothing was happening.
So glad you're home safe!
It finally happened. We got our first confirmed virus case in my county today. It has been reported that it is a woman in her 70's who is self quarantined right now.
Oh, I'm sorry! It's very scary when it gets closer to home. I feel for the poor woman who has it and I pray she recovers. Stay safe!

Our mayor has now started to update us on the cases in our town. He can't violate hippa, and we don't know who the people are, but I appreciate his statements on how our medical facilities are prepared. Rumors fly and we know where at least one case is. It's across town, but our town is not that large so still close. I can get there in about 5 minutes.

Everyone is wearing gloves now, and most are wearing masks when they go out. Nothing is open but the stores and some businesses deemed life sustaining. Our grocery stores are taping off the floors to designate 6 feet, so you know if you're closer than 6 feet to someone. They're also announcing over the speaker every few minutes a reminder to stay away from others. We wipe down our groceries when brought in, throw clothes in the washer and we shower. I'm sad to say that we've also taken the advice to set up a "sick room" in case one of us gets sick. This is so surreal and scary. Thankfully they've stopped the transportation vans to NYC, but I feel for the thousands already infected. But still, so many are not heeding advice to distance themselves. The National Guard is there and ready. That's all I can say about that for now. People who live there have sent us pics.

They interviewed two local people who have it on the morning news. One thinks he caught it in NYC where he works, another thinks he caught it in Philly two weeks ago. They're isolating in their house and described their symptoms and how they are protecting their other family members.

Wife has got a wonderful mix of music on this afternoon and evening, I’ll admit I’ve just kinda been laying around, but she’s had on many Disney classics. Really kind of nice to hear actually, although I do prefer my 80’s!!!
That's nice! We listen to Disney music too, and hubby and I were teens in the 80's so we love that music also!

Today was an emotional day for me. I haven't seen my mom and dad, sister, or some of my children (adults) in two weeks. I took groceries to my mom and dad and left them on her porch and talked to her through the window. It was so sad I cried on the way home. I got her to set up skype tonight and we had a good chat, which was nice. I'm worried about my husband who has to work in all this.

We cancelled our May Disney trip. I don't think things will be anywhere near normal by then. It's sad, but the best decision for us. We're just doing the best we can and taking it day by day.

Everyone stay safe. Wash your hands, stock up for at least two weeks of food and supplies, and hug your family while you can. This is hard and I'm looking for the light at the end of the tunnel. Sorry to be a bummer!

although I do prefer my 80’s!!!
You just reminded me of something I can do when I get bored. I want to make a list of 80's songs to add to my playlist.

Today was an emotional day for me. I haven't seen my mom and dad, sister, or some of my children (adults) in two weeks. I took groceries to my mom and dad and left them on her porch and talked to her through the window. It was so sad I cried on the way home. I got her to set up skype tonight and we had a good chat, which was nice. I'm worried about my husband who has to work in all this.
Hugs to you. My family isn't very close, so
The separation is a lot easier on me.

We cancelled our May Disney trip. I don't think things will be anywhere near normal by then. It's sad, but the best decision for us. We're just doing the best we can and taking it day by day.
I am praying that things will be closer to normal by the end of May, but who knows? I'm concerned about my brother who is supposed to get married in May. I suppose they can still get married. They were planning a very small private ceremony anyway. I guess they may just have to change the location.

I think the lack of sports is getting to dh. He is currently watching something called Death Diving On one of the ESPN channels. It looks like Norwegian people jumping off a 10 meter platform into a pool. I have no idea how they are judging this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!