Something About Nothing............ #14

DLPN......I agree 80`s music is unbeatable......glad you had a relaxing day!

mrose…...I`m sorry you feel so bad with family. I understand how you are feeling with that. I haven't seen my mum in months, same with family. So missing this past week up there hit hard as I miss them a lot, we are all very close. Especially now as mum and some of my older family members are in lock down for 12 weeks. It`s hard.

Although my mum did tell me her friend still went to her daughters house for dinner yesterday...….absolutely crazy!!! Who`s still visiting anyone that isn't necessary. My sister went to see my mum yesterday......spoke to her through the door and left essential groceries for her. No contact and no hugs. Sad but necessary. She said she doesn't want an ipad for contact......and of course now we can`t sit and show her how to work it anyway!!! Keep well mrose and hope you fell a bit better about everything sooner rather than later...…..cancelling a trip is never fun, but it`s the right thing to do...….:hug:

Thanks for all the Mother`s Day wishes......:flower3:

Folks all over the UK yesterday were out and about flouting advice to stay home. Yes, it was a beautiful day, as is today.....but stay home.....don't visit anyone.......it`s not fun, but necessary.

We are still seeing folks swarm into grocery stores yesterday.....it`s like watching a football match crowd heaving into the stadiums!!! Shocking. And the grocery stores extra hour in the morning for NHS and emergency staff only was overtaken by selfish idiots who thought they should be entitled to rush past everyone else......

Home made chicken noodle soup for lunch today.....dinner is bone in pork chops for some strange reason......I can`t even remember buying them. And it`ll be parmentier potatoes.......lovely name for small diced roast potatoes......lol......

Wander round the garden later........that`ll be the extent of our outside world today.

Missing seeing friends of course, but it`s the only sensible thing to do, avoid any contact.....

Hugs to anyone who needs a virtual hug.........:grouphug:

DLPN......I agree 80`s music is unbeatable......glad you had a relaxing day!

mrose…...I`m sorry you feel so bad with family. I understand how you are feeling with that. I haven't seen my mum in months, same with family. So missing this past week up there hit hard as I miss them a lot, we are all very close. Especially now as mum and some of my older family members are in lock down for 12 weeks. It`s hard.

Although my mum did tell me her friend still went to her daughters house for dinner yesterday...….absolutely crazy!!! Who`s still visiting anyone that isn't necessary. My sister went to see my mum yesterday......spoke to her through the door and left essential groceries for her. No contact and no hugs. Sad but necessary. She said she doesn't want an ipad for contact......and of course now we can`t sit and show her how to work it anyway!!! Keep well mrose and hope you fell a bit better about everything sooner rather than later...…..cancelling a trip is never fun, but it`s the right thing to do...….:hug:

Thanks for all the Mother`s Day wishes......:flower3:

Folks all over the UK yesterday were out and about flouting advice to stay home. Yes, it was a beautiful day, as is today.....but stay home.....don't visit anyone.......it`s not fun, but necessary.

We are still seeing folks swarm into grocery stores yesterday.....it`s like watching a football match crowd heaving into the stadiums!!! Shocking. And the grocery stores extra hour in the morning for NHS and emergency staff only was overtaken by selfish idiots who thought they should be entitled to rush past everyone else......

Home made chicken noodle soup for lunch today.....dinner is bone in pork chops for some strange reason......I can`t even remember buying them. And it`ll be parmentier potatoes.......lovely name for small diced roast potatoes......lol......

Wander round the garden later........that`ll be the extent of our outside world today.

Missing seeing friends of course, but it`s the only sensible thing to do, avoid any contact.....

Hugs to anyone who needs a virtual hug.........:grouphug:

Your gonna stir up all sorts of visitors with a menu like that........ ::yes:: :teeth::wave2:!!!

Oh, I’d love to join Schumi for lunch, as enjoy soup on our cool and gray, rainy day.

Yeah, my mom, 92, is having a hard time not seeing family visit. I am glad some of the residents are helping her at times. We all do call, but it is hard to not have routine visitors for her, and many of us.

Kids are still not stirring, as I think little one does not have her online class until 11. Guess this not in dorm has a mom alarm if I hear nothing before 10:30. Older one is on his second week of break, and I am sure his school will notify him soon about the remainder of the term, online. Oddly, little one started her semester two weeks before him, so she is done at end of April. And she is begging for May trip, but I think August may be better. Still deciding if doing or forget. On a fun thought, my Fall flights are booked, and happy though not cheaper than last year, about the same. Thing is, now I have 5 or so nights not covered, and the last night, as I booked hotel last year. Hoping to see AP rates lower than the rate I already have, and don’t mind switching hotels, and really thinking of a motherland visit too.

With that, Happy Monday is here.
2C711F2A-A1C9-4E09-A55B-856BA4E66615.jpeg

Finally, good morning and hope all is well out there in homie homes.

Keep well mrose and hope you fell a bit better about everything sooner rather than later...…..cancelling a trip is never fun, but it`s the right thing to do
It's strange, but the last thing on my mind is the trip. I'll miss going, but mostly because I'll miss having a relaxing vacation and even if Disney opens in May I don't think it would be relaxing for us. I don't think many attractions will be open, maybe hours will be cut. They already got rid of the entertainment in Epcot so everything may be downscaled. And we would still worry about keeping distance from others, etc. This virus will circulate for a long time. Look at China... people are still getting it there, although at a much smaller rate.
I'm sorry for you and your mom too. I know a lot of us are in the same boat and it was really getting to me yesterday, thanks for your encouraging words. ((hugs))

Well hubby is now working from home this week. Not sure what next week will bring but we're just taking it one day at a time. I got my parents set up for two weeks of food so they don't have to leave. The state police are now out driving around to enforce the stay at home thing with businesses.

Lynne, how did you know what I look like right now?! LOL! Complete with the grey hair! Seriously, my hair is a mix of blonde, brown and mostly grey right now. But at least I have my coffee!

Well.......

4 hour meeting this morning, involving many different things, new authorization procedures regarding accessibility to roadways and such being closed, with many rules being enforced throughout the country now.

Now the really cool stuff!!! Got my feet up and Bill and Ted is on!!!

Well the governor made the call to close the schools for the rest of the school year. I feel so bad for the kids that will miss their prom and graduation. This is my son's last year of middle school. It just worries me about him being academically prepared for high school. We are supposed to hear more tomorrow from our school system. I am hoping they will continue with online learning.

Gov closed all nonessential businesses such as hair salons, nail, gyms, etc. Essential stores will remain open and bars and restaurants will be open to takeout. I guess my work will still be open. We have an election in June so we need to start preparing soon but the state has given us no direction as to how to proceed.

My DH's work just had their first positive test today. My DH works for the largest private employer in the state. Thankfully, DH doesn't work near where the person works. This is going to be just the beginning.....My guess is they will start checking temps at the gate soon.

Gloomy, cool day today. Hopefully sunshine tomorrow. Chicken enchiladas or burritos for dinner.

Everyone stay safe and take care!

Sorry if this is personal, but where are you?

Southeast Virginia. About 45 minutes west of VA Beach.

Our mayor has now started to update us on the cases in our town. He can't violate hippa, and we don't know who the people are, but I appreciate his statements on how our medical facilities are prepared. Rumors fly and we know where at least one case is. It's across town, but our town is not that large so still close. I can get there in about 5 minutes.

That is good. Our mayor put out her first statement last week and it was just a carbon copy of what the city manager put out 2 weeks ago. We have about 100k citizens. Very disappointing in her leadership. Let's just say I am glad it is an election year.

Today was an emotional day for me. I haven't seen my mom and dad, sister, or some of my children (adults) in two weeks. I took groceries to my mom and dad and left them on her porch and talked to her through the window. It was so sad I cried on the way home. I got her to set up skype tonight and we had a good chat, which was nice. I'm worried about my husband who has to work in all this.

So sorry about your day. I dropped off lunch to my mom. I just handed her the bag and we talked through the door for a minute. It is tough but at least there is modern technology to help us through these difficult times. Hugs to you and all my SAN peeps.

Last edited:
Charade that’s scary having a case in your town.

Lynne love the dog!

Schumi, MRose and everyone missing family :grouphug: It is hard. I did go for a 5k walk yesterday around a lake Nearby, but kept our distancing, no hugs:worried:, took seperate cars, me & oldest in my car, we live together, youngest in her car. It’s hard.

My social groups are all staying in touch thru group texts and emails.

This morning I went to Costco. They are doing a good job having people Queue up and spacing out store entry. Everything very orderly. Except for one woman who went to the entrance to ask if she had to wait in the queue because she only wanted one thing. Rolling my eyes!

The shoppers were courteous keeping distances.

No stores have hand sanitizer, Rubbing Alcohol, gloves, masks etc.

Mac how are you feeling? I recorded Walking Dead last night, will watch today!

Stay well

Ooh, storm then the late sun is out. All decided it was pasta night, and it was.

City put 8pm curfew on, and my DH now required to stay home too. Gee, an online family doing their business. Will be weird to have all of us home on the week days. And DH and I were given, when we want you back, will be told. No end date mentioned. I am thinking at least a few more weeks. And a virus death recorded in my local hospital. Way too close for me. Though I did run out to restock the milk, which happily the grocery store I went to had most of the milk case still filled. So, milkshakes with the pasta. Perfect meal for a Monday.

Very busy, crazy day today. I probably shouldn't use that word considering where I work. Day 1 of telehealth and 2 of our therapists have decided to jump in 100%. The other 2 are doing both in person and online sessions. I spent the day contacting clients to make sure they had all the information of the telehealth sessions. My boss is about to drive me nuts already. If a client was only a couple of minutes late to the session she would call me and ask me to call them to make sure they were coming.

I did get some good news today though, My tax return is complete and we will be getting a decent sized refund. I would have been happy just to break even.

I also managed to get a 3 pound pack of chicken and a large pack of paper towels at Walmart today. :banana:

So far I haven't seen any bad behavior....yet. It's probably just a matter of time though.

dinner is bone in pork chops for some strange reason......I can`t even remember buying them. And it`ll be parmentier potatoes.......lovely name for small diced roast potatoes......lol......
We had pork chops and mashed potatoes tonight.

Gov closed all nonessential businesses such as hair salons, nail, gyms, etc. Essential stores will remain open and bars and restaurants will be open to takeout. I guess my work will still be open. We have an election in June so we need to start preparing soon but the state has given us no direction as to how to proceed.
I hope my job is okay for now. I guess we are considered part of the medical community.

My DH's work just had their first positive test today. My DH works for the largest employer in the state. Thankfully, DH doesn't work near where the person works. This is going to be just the beginning.....My guess is they will start checking temps at the gate soon.
That's a little too close for comfort. Prayers that your dh stays safe. I just googled the largest employer in VA.

This morning I went to Costco. They are doing a good job having people Queue up and spacing out store entry. Everything very orderly. Except for one woman who went to the entrance to ask if she had to wait in the queue because she only wanted one thing. Rolling my eyes!
There's always at least one.

And a virus death recorded in my local hospital. Way too close for me.
Scary thought. We have several clients who work at our hospital. I'm thankful that they have decided to take the telehealth optoion.

I am so incredibly sleepy right now, but it is still too early to go to bed. I will try to stay awake for at least another hour.

Well making a late night stop in!!! :wave2:
I just finished writing a midterm online. The last one. This week starts another heavy class in pharmacology :scared1:.. The medical terminology was hard enough...now to add this...oh my. Only 6 more weeks left until I'm done. I will be looking forward to some free time once this part is complete.

Things have seemed to hit a quiet lull here. Most businesses have closed. Even our optomistrist and dental offices have closed except for emergencies. Most restaurants have closed except for take. Even the dinning rooms at Tim's and Mcdonalds have closed except for the drive through. All spas, hair salons etc have closed. The Real Estate association has asked all offices to close down and not show anymore homes. Most retail stores have closed as well. It is very quiet. The city has even closed all playgrounds to help prevent the spread of germs.

We did go our shopping yesterday. We took stock of what we had on hand. We made our list prepared for the worst. I was pleasantly surprised that it was NOT crazy busy at all wherever we went. Most things were in stock, except for paper products at one place, pasta, some canned veggies, flour and yeast. I was able to score a jar of yeast sitting in the cat food isle...so I snapped that baby up. I will have enough now for when we get the total lock down of not work except for essential services. I would like to get one more bag of flour as the one I have is half gone, so I'l be watching some fb groups of postings where people are finding those items. I wish some of you were able to find what your needing. I should be set for a few weeks now, except for some fresh items and milk. I wish I could just send you all the items your needing :worried:
For now, both the hubby and I are working, with safe social distancing. My work has finally set up some of our salesmen and others so they can work from home. I can cut my hours if I want to. I'm not sure I will do that quite yet...as I'm sure that our province will be put into a total lock down soon. More people getting sick, and people not listening to the stay home orders.

I did see an elderly lady yesterday when we were in our local butcher shop. I looked at her and said " please go ahead of us, you need to get your butt home and have someone else shop for you. I don't want you in here any longer than you have to be. " She said her family wasn't around so she had to come out :( But there are many people here offering to get groceries for those who shouldn't go out...i told her of a few so she could call them for in the future. Hopefully she does. If she was my mom, I would be kicking her butt home!!!!!

Well my parents should be able to come out of self isolation soon, if they don't present with symptoms soon. They went to the Vancouver area for my uncle memorial service. And of course, someone there, tested positive for the virus. So now there are about 8 people from that one gathering ( this was before limits were put on the number of people at a gathering ) on our side who are now symptomatic and have tested positive as well. I have been praying that my Mom doesn't come down with it...because my Dad's lungs would not do well with this virus. He has always had trouble with his lungs. And he doesn't smoke. But it will take him months to get rid of a cough. So far...so good. Only a few more days until they are free to roam the neighbourhood again lol.
Well...I think it's time to enjoy a beverage with the remote for a bit before I head to bed. Hope to stop in tomorrow and see how everyone is doing! Stay safe and healthy everyone!

Taco Tuesday is here. Yay!
CF196358-98B1-477D-ADAF-5669F98A3CAF.jpeg

Hope Mac is feeling good enough that a Taco Bell drive through today, as it is a good day to do so homies.

Good Morning, and cool out. Hence, inside tea with lounge wear, how nice is that? Yeah, and still have a long sleeve shirt one. Men in my house think I keep it too warm. Um, no, a perfectly warm temp when not even 50 again today.

Yay, Pumpkin finished her exam and those 6 weeks should fly by, and done that class. Nice of you to be kind to that elderly lady.

Charade, hope work is easier for you today.

Think we are going through very similar things all over right now.

We are now in lockdown. Only allowed to go out for essential grocery/medical shoppi and essential medical appointments. Walks for exercise in no more than 2 folks.

But, the pictures of folks on the Tube this morning again were terrifying. Hundreds huddled in together getting to work. One nurse was tweeting later, that’s the only way she could get to work!

And the building trade have still to work......very inconsistent rules, Boris hasn’t gone far enough with this.

Our local stores seem to have adequate amounts of food available and our butcher was well stocked this morning by all accounts. One of my friends lives in the centre of the village and her cottage looks down the whole street......she says it is so weird seeing hardly anyone moving around. Hairdressers and non essential stores all closed.

Hearing of pubs having lock-ins of their own.......crazy.

Getting used to keeping contact with friends via WhatsApp and various other group chats as I mentioned a few days ago......I’m sure all of my groups of friends are complying, but seems some of us know someone who is still visiting other folks for a meal......crazy again as it’s not essential.

Getting a few jobs done around the place while we have this extra time. And chatting to everyone of course takes up time.......

Made a pepper sauce this morning for chicken breasts tonight, will make same potatoes as last night and some roasted veg. I had some Philadelphia cream cheese to use up, so made up a smallish individual lemon cheesecake for me and two small chocolate ones for my two. Looking forward to dinner tonight!

Hope everyone has as good a Tuesday as you can get.......🙂

@Pumpkin1172 good luck with your classes! Almost there. Prayers for your parents not coming down with this virus. I worry about my husband who also has lung problem. Now all funerals are canceled here. And we’re attending church via Zoom! Things sound about the same here in Vancouver. I’m also expecting a total shutdown as people are just not listening :headache: Not only have they closed playgrounds but have been forced to take down basketball hoops cause the youth are just not listening.
I went to Costco yesterday. They are well organized. Only letting a few in at a time. Visual cues outside about distance along the line. People good about distance inside. Only one person unloading groceries at a time. After the cashier sprays down everything Between shoppers.
No pasta and no chicken.

@Lynne G perfect! I may have to breakout our Tequila in honour of the day! I have never tasted tequila like we brought home from Mexico. Incredibly smooth, hardly tastes like tequila lol!

@schumigirl its unbelievable some pubs here and restaurants weren’t complying. They thought outside patios would be ok.
We’re only having the brother-in-law over now for Saturday night dinner. I feel it’s the only meal he gets in a week. His wife passed away years ago, and still has made no attempt at cooking. No interest.

Nothing on the agenda for today. Will make chicken soup from leftover chicken or maybe a chicken casserole. The Mr wants brownies lol so guess I’ll bake some.
Dreary rainy day here. Only 10:30 am and haven’t done much. Wondering if our Aug trip will happen.

:wave2: Making a mid day stop in. The papers are all shuffled off my desk for now. I'm probably heading to do a drop off for a friend who is still isolating from travelling home from the US. She is needing yeast, and butter. So I'll run to the grocery store for some butter for her and I told her I would share a bit of my yeast since I lucked out and found some while out shopping on the weekend.

Hopefully Mac is slowly starting to feel better

@Sue M It will only be a matter of time before Alberta is in a total lock down as well. They are just limiting more and more...which they should be. I"m glad you made it back here safe and sound. I have seen pictures and news features on everyone trying to get back...and wow...some of them look like a complete gong show.

@schumigirl YUM!!! Your dinners always sound amazing. I still have to decide what to whip up tonight. I'll get the boy who is at home to take out what meat I want. so that it's ready to cook when I get home. I sure hope that they will make things more clear in the next couple days about who is actually able to stay open and who is not. I have many other friends who are saying that their bosses " think " they are an essential service...but reality they are not. Hopefully the restaurants and pubs start to comply. Most of our closed down over a week ago, due to a lack of patrons. And then the government put the ax to any that were left. Some people just don't understand the meaning of " stay home"

@Lynne G It is cold here too. We just got done a heavy snowfall warning. I had to trudge through snow YET AGAIN this morning to get to work. But I was able to pick up my favorite tea along the way. Just trying to support those businesses open yet. So I'm grateful for the job and my tea this morning...even if my feet got cold and wet from all the snow.

@Charade67 I hope you have a better day today. The telehealth sounds like an amazing option now, considering more people will need some extra help during these crazy times.

Well, I'm going to head to the bank and pick up some lunch. Maybe do some shredding this afternoon while I print off some papers for my course work this week.

Have a great day to all the other hommies that frequent here. I hope everyone stays healthy!!!!

Hello everyone...I am glad to see postings here. It's a good way to check in on everyone. Things here are about the same except for a second confirm case in my city. It is not a very big one but big enough to be called it. The teens are s till working Liv is having a hard time with this though. With her autism comes germophobia and some OCD so she is really struggling on the cashier shifts. She seems to do better with cleaning or self check out. I think she is going to have to talk to management about switching positions for now. Charlie is still mostly just filling orders for on line. Target did implement a few positives. They have increased their wages to $15.00 and are letting them shop an hour ahead of the public on three days a week. At this point we will take anything to help.

Our store shelves here are empty one store after another. I first thought that people were taking it as soon as it comes in but Charlie said the trucks are not full. I am hoping the supply chain stays moving.

I am feeling better each day. I am still being careful with lifting anything. I hope to be back to full health in a few weeks. Brian is still busy working on the house. We are just going to have everything ready to go for when things turn around.

Our Govenor from what I heard will be making the announcement that the school system will be shut down till the fall, this was no surprise.

SueM Nice that you were able to take a walk with your kids bus sad you couldn't hug younger one!! I think this is one hard part of this pandemic is that we have to stop physical contact with our loved ones for everyone's protection. I am sure add to that so many lonely and isolated people look forward to a hug from a friend or a stranger. I hope we can all do this again very soon. I am going to make some brownies today also. Not sure who wants them but usually goes over big. Nice of you to have your brother in law over for company. I hope your chicken meals are good ones!!! Brian has to attempt Costco again this week!!

Schumi Belated Happy Mother's Day to you! Glad that they are taking it more serious now for you. I really think the lockdowns, stay at homes and social distancing is really the best way to end this awful pandemic. Glad that you are keeping up with your friends. Yes it does take quite a bit of time, I never realized it. Your meals sound as good as ever, glad you are able to take some nice distance walks. I hope you are still on the mend!!

Pumpkin Glad to hear you finished a midterm and on your way! I know how stressful school can be without adding everyday life and a pandemic. I hope your parents come out of quarantine good and stay healthy. Nice that you are finding what you need, it soundsl like you have a good plan. I hope your upcoming class goes well for you. I would have said the same thing to the woman, how sad that she has nobody! I know we just have to remember to be kind to people and help one another that is how we will get through this.

Charade Yay!! for the refund and the score on the chicken. These days I don't know which one I would be happier for LOL!!! I hope the new tele work gets better and your boss relaxes a bit. I hope B is adjusting to being back home! I was laughing about your DH trying to find different sports to watch, some of them sound crazy. Charlie who just got into football this year, is watching football games of his favorite team for several years back.

Lynne I hope your mom is still doing good and getting help where she is. Glad that you are working on your fall trip, it sounds like it is coming together. I think May trips all around are going to be hard to do! I hope everyone does well being home together, and yea we don't have a definite how long Brian will be telecommuting but we think about 3 weeks. Milkshakes are liked around here very much, for me it would have to be an oatmilk shake!!

Cam I agree with you on school. Charlie was looking forward to all his senior activities. I am thinking when this is all over I want to do something special for him. I can understand how you are worried about your son not being prepared, but I am sure it will all work out. I will keep your DH in my thoughts that he stays healthy and safe at work. Glad you were able to drop something off to your mom, it helps to know you can do something for her. I am not happy with my mayor either, I am hearing nothing from him. Unfortunately we just had an election.

Mrose I am sorry that you are having a hard time missing your family. My mom died many years ago and I don't have much family here anymore, just my dad but we are not that close. I know if my mom was alive I would feel the same way. I am sorry you cancelled your trip, I can understand what you mean by it is a relaxing time, especially after this mess we are all going to need it. Don't ever worry about sounding sad or venting, I have done it here and so have others. This is a place for anyone to come that needs it. We take the bad with the good, the sadness with the happiness.

Mac I hope you are feeling better and got Taco Tuesday!

DLPN Oh my I haven't seen Bill and Ted in years. I hope you enjoyed it!

I want to say a special hello to all the rest of the SANS family who are out there, I hope everyone stays safe and healthy!

Hi SANs family, hope everyone is well.
Mac, we miss you! Hope you're feeling better soon. ((hugs))

My DH's work just had their first positive test today. My DH works for the largest private employer in the state. Thankfully, DH doesn't work near where the person works. This is going to be just the beginning.....My guess is they will start checking temps at the gate soon.
Oh, I'm sorry. I'm glad he's not in the same area. We're hearing more and more of the same thing from family members working. It hasn't happened yet to hubby, but I know it's only a matter of time.
Southeast Virginia. About 45 minutes west of VA Beach.
Ok, I know the approximate area. We've vacationed at VA beach, but not for a few years. It must be nice to be so close to the ocean! Our family is all over the PA, NY and NJ area and I grew up going to the NJ beaches. My cousin lived in Tom's River NJ near the beach and we loved visiting them. They moved down south eventually but still visit his father who lives near the beach in SC.
That is good. Our mayor put out her first statement last week and it was just a carbon copy of what the city manager put out 2 weeks ago. We have about 100k citizens. Very disappointing in her leadership. Let's just say I am glad it is an election year.
Well, things have taken a turn here and I'm actually angry with our mayor. We live about 2 hours from NYC and people work in the city and commute, but a lot of other people travel by transportation vans, which the mayor said he was putting a stop to. But I guess one of them threatened him with legal action and he is now "recommending" they voluntarily stop. Of course they're not, and we have a steady stream of people from NYC, which you know is a major epicenter of the virus. It's so frustrating. People have contacted our state representative and she wrote to the governor's office asking for help.
So sorry about your day. I dropped off lunch to my mom. I just handed her the bag and we talked through the door for a minute. It is tough but at least there is modern technology to help us through these difficult times. Hugs to you and all my SAN peeps.
Thanks Cam! I'm doing better today. I saw my dad while he was going to mail something so I spoke to him from a distance of about 15 feet to the street. He promised to wash his hands when he got home. I know it's hard for them stuck inside too, he likes to go go go!
Schumi, MRose and everyone missing family :grouphug: It is hard. I did go for a 5k walk yesterday around a lake Nearby, but kept our distancing, no hugs:worried:, took seperate cars, me & oldest in my car, we live together, youngest in her car. It’s hard.
It's sad, I'm sorry for you and everyone feeling the same. My eldest and her husband drove past the house yesterday and we spoke on the phone, but could see them through the window. It is good to see their faces, even though we can't get close. My kids facetime me all day now that everyone is off.
City put 8pm curfew on,
I wish they would do it up here. I know it's tough but people are just not listening. Even for a week, I think would be helpful here. Hang in there!
And a virus death recorded in my local hospital.
I saw that, and the others today. Our death toll is rising. No one in my county yet, but all around us. I keep getting emails from 2 hospitals (I'm sure you know which ones) that they are prepared for patients, but I just don't know what will happen when more cases come up. We're up to 851 today at noon and 7 deaths.
I did get some good news today though, My tax return is complete and we will be getting a decent sized refund.
Yay!! I love hearing bright spots! Will that go to the Florida vacation fund?
Only 6 more weeks left until I'm done. I will be looking forward to some free time once this part is complete.
The home stretch! I'm sure you'll be happy to be done! Good for you! My youngest has about the same amount of time and she's more than ready to be done. We still don't know if the college will have graduation ceremony but we're not counting on it.
I did see an elderly lady yesterday when we were in our local butcher shop. I looked at her and said " please go ahead of us, you need to get your butt home and have someone else shop for you. I don't want you in here any longer than you have to be. " She said her family wasn't around so she had to come out
I'm glad you were able to help her a little. I saw our elderly neighbor leave today and we didn't get her in time to tell her we would go get whatever she needed. She lives alone and is still driving at 86, God love her!
If she was my mom, I would be kicking her butt home!!!!!
This is my struggle with my dad. My mom will stay home, unless he takes her for a ride because she doesn't drive, but they told me on Sunday that even though the church is not having services, they are still open for prayer a few days in the week. I told them they absolutely can't go! That did not go down well with my dad. He's ex-army, super independent and used to going out all the time. It's just too dangerous for them right now.
Hearing of pubs having lock-ins of their own.......crazy.
Oh yes, we have the same thing here. They will open for regulars. I can't stand it.
But, the pictures of folks on the Tube this morning again were terrifying. Hundreds huddled in together getting to work
Same in NYC. One of my cousins lives in Hoboken, which is right outside the city (I mean that you just look across the river and can see the Trade Center, that's how close) and another in Queens and they don't drive at all. My cousin in Queens doesn't even own a car. They rely on the subway for everything. Millions don't have the ability to get around without the subway, but it's disgustingly dirty to begin with.
Made a pepper sauce this morning for chicken breasts tonight, will make same potatoes as last night and some roasted veg.
Oh yum! I have to ask... what is a pepper sauce? And how do I make it?
I had some Philadelphia cream cheese to use up, so made up a smallish individual lemon cheesecake for me and two small chocolate ones for my two
Yum again! I love cheesecake!
She seems to do better with cleaning or self check out. I think she is going to have to talk to management about switching positions for now.
My youngest works part time in a grocery store. They just started something for employees who don't feel comfortable going into work at this time and they won't lose their job. She's going in tomorrow to see what it's about. She's been off since Friday, which I was very glad of.
I am feeling better each day. I am still being careful with lifting anything. I hope to be back to full health in a few weeks.
So glad you're feeling better!
Mrose I am sorry that you are having a hard time missing your family. My mom died many years ago and I don't have much family here anymore, just my dad but we are not that close. I know if my mom was alive I would feel the same way. I am sorry you cancelled your trip, I can understand what you mean by it is a relaxing time, especially after this mess we are all going to need it. Don't ever worry about sounding sad or venting, I have done it here and so have others. This is a place for anyone to come that needs it. We take the bad with the good, the sadness with the happiness.
Thank you for the kind words! It's hard, but I know I'm not the only one feeling the same during this time. It's hard for all of us and I pray for an end to this mess soon!

Hubby, youngest dd and I went for a ride today (with the dogs!) and it's amazing to see how many people are still crowding stores and roaming about. Walmart parking lot looked like a normal day, the parking lot was full. We saw a bunch of guys playing basketball and one guy was wearing a mask.. clearly he didn't understand HOW the virus is spread because that mask won't help at all if he's touching the basketball. We passed the testing site and the parking lot was full. Lots and lots of people in cars and walking wearing masks and gloves. One guy in a Mercedes was wearing a full hasmat gas mask looking thing that actually scared me a little!

It's a strange new world we're in now.... stay safe everyone! ((hugs))

Another busy day, but not quite as crazy as yesterday. My boss is going to drive me insane though. Last week, when we were researching telehealth, I made a list of the insurance companies we deal with and what their billing requirements were. I told my boss that one company required that you join their telehealth network. Of course, no one has done that yet, so today I sent everyone a link to join. My boss emailed me back and asked what do you know about this. I swear sometimes I feel like I am talking to a brick wall. I'm going to call the company again tomorrow because I think they may have relaxed that requirement now.

On a happier note, I decided to support a local business today by buying ice cream at the shop near my office. They were offering a take out special of 2 pints of ice cream, waffle bowls, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, peanut butter, graham cracker topping, cookie topping, and sprinkles. We had some very yummy sundaes for dessert tonight made with chocolate ice cream and cookies & cream ice cream.

I just finished writing a midterm online. The last one.
Congrats!

Things have seemed to hit a quiet lull here. Most businesses have closed. Even our optomistrist and dental offices have closed except for emergencies. Most restaurants have closed except for take. Even the dinning rooms at Tim's and Mcdonalds have closed except for the drive through. All spas, hair salons etc have closed. The Real Estate association has asked all offices to close down and not show anymore homes. Most retail stores have closed as well. It is very quiet. The city has even closed all playgrounds to help prevent the spread of germs.
Sounds very similar to what is going on here. Today one of our therapists was trying to decide if we were considered essential or not. Um...I certainly hope so. People need their mental health treatment especially now.

The telehealth sounds like an amazing option now, considering more people will need some extra help during these crazy times.
We have some clients who are resisting. Two of our therapists aren't giving any choice. It's either telehealth or nothing. The other 2 are still seeing some clients in person, but one of them is considering going to telehealth only.

Liv is having a hard time with this though. With her autism comes germophobia and some OCD so she is really struggling on the cashier shifts. She seems to do better with cleaning or self check out. I think she is going to have to talk to management about switching positions for now. Charlie is still mostly just filling orders for on line. Target did implement a few positives. They have increased their wages to $15.00 and are letting them shop an hour ahead of the public on three days a week. At this point we will take anything to help.
I hope target management will be kind and work with Liv to make her job more comfortable. Very nice that they have increased wages and giving employees special shopping time.

Yay!! I love hearing bright spots! Will that go to the Florida vacation fund?
It will probably go to the pay off the new roof fund and the B's room and board for next year fund.

I need to go find something to do. Dh is glued to the Motortrend network. He loves watching all of those car restoration shows. They all seem to same to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!