Something About Nothing............ #14

Good Morning All,

Hope everyone is doing well. Been a while since I have been able to post. My job in the elections department has kept me away. I have been working about 60 hours a week for the last month and half. Home stretch is coming up though. Today is my last day off until Nov. 7 so a bit of relaxing today watching The Office reruns and doing some housework today.

This is the 3rd election we have conducted since COVID and thankfully we are all still healthy. Especially considering we have had over 15,000 people walk through our small office in the last 35 days. All our city offices are closed to the public but we received special permission to open our floor for Early voting. I am hoping that we close up again after the election. We could use the break.

The weather has been nice so that adds insult to injury.😉High 70s and low 80s but today rainy and dreary and in the low 60s.

I haven't cooked in a while so I think I will make a pot of chili for dinner. Makes plenty of leftovers for hubby.

Hope everyone has a great day!

You made it cam.......:wave2:

Having a day off will be nice for you.......I know you`ve been incredibly busy, but it is good to see you post again......and that is a long run of work days coming up for you......

Hope you can find some relaxing time in the evenings while you`re working.......keep well ::yes::

Same. Need to go into my account & turn off the shipping notifications to our shared email. Somebody just can’t resist peeking lol

I thought I was being clever getting Kyle to order stuff for me......then I announced to Tom with glee a parcel for him that was being delivered in two days......doh!!!

Dark just after 4.30ish now.....drapes and blinds all closed for just after 5 tonight. I don`t mind winter so much once I`m in for the night and all cosy.

Dinner was lovely....home made steak pie with puff pastry.......lush!! No room for dessert, but I did make a coconut cream cake today......might have a small slice of that later.....with a cup of tea.

Another lazy day. It is cold and dreary today. A perfect day to stay inside. DH turned on a football game and promptly fell asleep in his recliner.

We did venture out for lunch. ended up at Logan's Steakhouse. They had a few new items on the menu. This one amused me.

Kev wants to clean the car inside and out this morning ready for our trip. Same as me with the house though I have to be chilled about that these days not leaving an empty house!
I'm the same with the house. I hate coming home to a messy house.

as little one is just not a happy person when woken.
I can totally relate.

It’s the new normal :duck: Oh, so sick of that phrase.
Same here. Also sick of "We're all in this together." This is NOT High School Musical.

Tom is the same....hates the thought of leaving anything plugged in overnight like that.....we trust the fridges/freezers/tv and so on....lol......I used to charge up one of my ipads overnight.......not anymore......there was a news story of one catching fire during the night.........same with dishwashers, now we always put the dishwasher on as soon as dinner is over.
I never thought about the dishwasher that way, We run ours at night all the time.
I'm also guilty of leaving the phone or iPad on the charger overnight.

Good Morning All,

Hope everyone is doing well. Been a while since I have been able to post.
Good to see you Cam.

I have managed to wake dh up just by typing on the keyboard. He can sleep through thunderstorms, but tiny sounds wake him.

I have no interest in the football game he has on. I have one last puzzle. I may start work on that.

And so, a Sunday night already. Some more grocery shopping when told, nothing to eat in home. Yeah, there is, but now we have more.

Trash out, and dinner was butter chicken with lots of vegetables. Easy meal. If any left over, will bag up, and can eat again. Not me, but DH is a good leftover eater, so I am sure he will get into it if some left over.

Cam, yep, a day off is such a good thing. Yeah, I am sure you are busy this time of year.

And I hope Agavegirl does enjoy Halloween this weekend in the Dark Side. Safe travels to you this upcoming weekend.

Thankfully, almost every Sunday night,
2201E2D1-1EA5-4752-9F1C-031061B6453E.jpeg

Oops behind again. It’s been an off week for me. So strange feeling, it’s been 1 yr since my mom has been gone. Where has the time gone?

Last week had the sparkles freshened up and toner, hair was getting too gold.
Always feels good to get hair done.

Thursday I met up with a friend in Ft. Langley. It’s a quaint historic town. With cute cafes and shops. We had lunch at a restaurant with a nice outside patio that had heaters. Then we walked around the town and went into shops. I got some Christmas presents done for friends that I usually exchange with. We grabbed a coffee before heading home and went down to the river to drink, passing by a film crew for Twilight Zone!

Last night the usual suspects showed up for dinner- prime rib roast. So sad I can’t have mashed potatoes anymore!
Also youngest daughter came by but couldn’t stay for dinner.

Tonight looking forward to Dead shows!

Tomorrow I’m going to meet old work friends for lunch. We are trying a new place that opened nearby. It’s a newish chain but I’ve never been.

This morning I checked on my Nov flights. My return flight was changed :-(. I was leaving at 4:45, but that flight was canceled so now I’m leaving on a 7:00am flight, yuck. I was looking forward to an enjoyable relaxing last day at HRH. So many flights being canceled due to COVID. Alaska was one airline that rarely made schedule changes.

@keishashadow thanks. Yes pics were from iPhone.
@schumigirl I thought of you when we went past Twilight Zone film set!
Your absolutely right, avocado are good fats. Love them.
I love curry too. Many of the new builds here are built with a spice kitchen so the smell doesn’t permeate the house.
@tinydancer09 Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a great one!
@Monykalyn lol I thought of you with the old hen in stewpot remark! Poor Princess T she’s not looking very spiffy right now!
I have everyone on high CAA coverage, def worth piece of mind.
@macraven hope you’re enjoying the dead shows tonight! Being 3 hrs behind I have a bit of a wait.

Hello to every:wave:

Hi Sue !

The first year after losing a loved one is hard due to memories.

It was difficult for me when my parental units were at the one year mark of their passing.
Years after that kind of blend together for me.

Hope your day was spent with people you love.

It is always a downer when flights change, especially when you depart sooner than originally planned.

Enjoy your trip and be sure to drink a butter beer for me.
I never got around to having one on my trip.

Getting ready for tonight’s Fear and Beyond shows
Watching last weeks episode right now and looking forward to new episode later tonight.

Another lazy day. It is cold and dreary today. A perfect day to stay inside. DH turned on a football game and promptly fell asleep in his recliner.

We did venture out for lunch. ended up at Logan's Steakhouse. They had a few new items on the menu. This one amused me.
View attachment 534639

I'm the same with the house. I hate coming home to a messy house.

I can totally relate.

Same here. Also sick of "We're all in this together." This is NOT High School Musical.

I never thought about the dishwasher that way, We run ours at night all the time.
I'm also guilty of leaving the phone or iPad on the charger overnight.

Good to see you Cam.

I have managed to wake dh up just by typing on the keyboard. He can sleep through thunderstorms, but tiny sounds wake him.

I have no interest in the football game he has on. I have one last puzzle. I may start work on that.

I do like the sound of that bacon!!

We were the same Charade......dishwasher went on before we went to bed, then we read of the fires, so we stopped and it has gone on after dinner since then. Same with the ipads and phones.......reading of these things catching fire made us make sure we were there when they were charging.

When our local fire department come round to replace smoke/carbon monoxide alarms and so on, one of them said he tells folks to think of things like that as candles....you wouldn`t go to bed leaving them burning.....

I`m a bit like that...can sleep through a thunderstorm or the phone ringing beside me :blush: but, a bird tweets three miles away and I`m awake.......weird.

Oops behind again. It’s been an off week for me. So strange feeling, it’s been 1 yr since my mom has been gone. Where has the time gone?

Last week had the sparkles freshened up and toner, hair was getting too gold.
Always feels good to get hair done.

Thursday I met up with a friend in Ft. Langley. It’s a quaint historic town. With cute cafes and shops. We had lunch at a restaurant with a nice outside patio that had heaters. Then we walked around the town and went into shops. I got some Christmas presents done for friends that I usually exchange with. We grabbed a coffee before heading home and went down to the river to drink, passing by a film crew for Twilight Zone!

Last night the usual suspects showed up for dinner- prime rib roast. So sad I can’t have mashed potatoes anymore!
Also youngest daughter came by but couldn’t stay for dinner.

Tomorrow I’m going to meet old work friends for lunch. We are trying a new place that opened nearby. It’s a newish chain but I’ve never been.

This morning I checked on my Nov flights. My return flight was changed :-(. I was leaving at 4:45, but that flight was canceled so now I’m leaving on a 7:00am flight, yuck. I was looking forward to an enjoyable relaxing last day at HRH. So many flights being canceled due to COVID. Alaska was one airline that rarely made schedule changes.

@keishashadow thanks. Yes pics were from iPhone.
@schumigirl I thought of you when we went past Twilight Zone film set!
Your absolutely right, avocado are good fats. Love them.
I love curry too. Many of the new builds here are built with a spice kitchen so the smell doesn’t permeate the house.
@tinydancer09 Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a great one!
@Monykalyn lol I thought of you with the old hen in stewpot remark! Poor Princess T she’s not looking very spiffy right now!
I have everyone on high CAA coverage, def worth piece of mind.
@macraven hope you’re enjoying the dead shows tonight! Being 3 hrs behind I have a bit of a wait.

Hello to every:wave:

Never heard of such a thing?? Spice Kitchen?? What happens if you open doors and so on.......

Shame about the flight, and yes, it`s lovely getting your hair done.......makes you feel a little more sparkly.......

Hi Sue !

The first year after losing a loved one is hard due to memories.

It was difficult for me when my parental units were at the one year mark of their passing.
Years after that kind of blend together for me.

Hope your day was spent with people you love.

It is always a downer when flights change, especially when you depart sooner than originally planned.

Enjoy your trip and be sure to drink a butter beer for me.
I never got around to having one on my trip.

Getting ready for tonight’s Fear and Beyond shows
Watching last weeks episode right now and looking forward to new episode later tonight.

That`s true. When my dad died, someone told my siblings and I, it`s the firsts that are the hardest....the first Christmas, birthday, anniversary and so on.......

Monday and it`s cold! Most of us this morning are around high 40`s low 50`s this morning with a lot of rain around. We just have grey weather so far, but does feel a little chilly for sure.

Went to bed so early last night....we were both unbelievably tired and yawning our heads off at around 9.30. So, despite having watched scary movies, I slept all night and never moved apparently.......I love a good sleep like that.

And this really is something about nothing......but I`m so pleased with a new heat protector spray for my hair......it`s feeling softer than ever!

Heading out this morning but won`t be out long. Tom has a parcel coming and it`ll be here after 11. Lunch is a BLT again, but we have a bag of arugula and small cherry tomatoes, so will slice them up and just pile them on......BLT with a difference. Dinner is the pulled pork I made overnight on Saturday. Froze most of it, but looking forward to that tonight. Food sorted for the day.

cv77-M.jpg

cv83-M.jpg

cv94-L.png

Happy Monday :)

Ah yes, a back to routine Monday for me.

Good Morning Schumi. With your time change, this week, you are an hour earlier. Bet a lighter starting morning. Nice sounding lunch and dinner.

Sue, yeah with more than a couple time changes, my early morning arrival became a night one, and my night return became a mid afternoon one. So lost park time I had planned and planned for. But such it is, and yes, I would always want a nonstop direct flight than stopping even once. Yep, enjoy being pampered having hair done.

Charade, ah yes, would order that bacon item. Dunkin’ Donuts has a bacon only item. Yum, I do like crispy bacon.

But, sadly, no bacon was purchased, so will have a bagel, as those were purchased this weekend. Good enough, as toasted, will do that shortly. As an another routine, yes tea with breakfast. Well, tea enjoying first, now.

Overcast again, so no sun to see for days, says the weather guy. But indeed, a warmer night, and ten degree warmer day, then we had yesterday. Was a rain showers, cool windy day, yesterday. Dreary week. The rain is here to stay, a rainy week we will have. Including rain to arrive Thursday, thanks for the around 2 inches of predicted rain, Zeta.

And so,
5299F383-D930-41C2-A34D-E5ECCECDF6E5.jpeg

Late morning hello. We had to have one of the car’s at the garage for 8am so we were up and out early. Baking with L this morning. Home pumpkin trail and treats this afternoon but otherwise stopping in and a fairly quiet day today.

Sue - hello and sending hugs for you. It would have been Dad’s 94th birthday next week so I’m in sync with your emotions as my first without him.

Heading back to the kitchen now x

It’s all Kumbaya until the first person runs out of toilet paper
I take a few hours away from the boards and everyone posts...
While the 🐈 🐱 away, the :earsgirl::earsboy: will play
Last night the usual suspects showed up for dinner- prime rib roast.
Droool
I’m drawing a blank for tonight. Need to stick my head into freezer First package wins
such a strong season thus far!

Skipped/tapped the kiddie version to watch the 1st ep of HBOs Undoing. Nicole Kidman, Hugh Grant & Donald Sutherland. So far so good, reminds me of an understated big little Lies a bit
is always a downer when flights change, especially when you depart sooner than originally planned.
Yep, especially when they shift from multiple offerings to just one. Was relieved, Once the dust settled thus far, there’s been at least one NS open per day for flights I’ve needed

got the email from SWA indicated that as of 12/1 they will start selling middle seats again. At least they offered full refundA20966D6-B5D8-4E16-8F7B-C78843CC7CDF.jpeg

@Charade67 I've been three times I really love it! I think one of my friend's in particular will enjoy it a lot more than CB. One of my other friend's and I enjoyed CB due to it's nostalgic factor and it's appearance, but my other is more refined and she didn't like the food court environment, or food. So, I think she'll be more pleased with the Hard Rock. Also, I was lucky as I booked way ahead of time and right before they officially announced no HHN, so pricy, but lower than usual during this time.

BACON ON A STICK? Are we at Disney? I say that, because I don't recall Universal having something like that.

@tinydancer09 Maybe my spider senses were tingling, but yeah I ended up booking a couple of reservations the other day. Normally, I don't, but I've been hearing about the parks closing due to capacity. Which even though we don't plan on going that's a sign that it's clearly quite busy right now. Also, got an email giving recommendations on how to plan our days there. Only booked for dinner as I do know of all our plans at the moment and my friend's kind of what to do whatever they wish spur of the moment. However, I might ask them about lunch too.

@keishashadow I remember when they first came out! I remember thinking those looked amazing. An awesome and great way to introduce coding to people in a very exciting and interactive way! I also like that they have the organization Girls Who Code, because I think it's nice for them encouraging that they can do it as well. It's rare to even get a couple of women in my classes. A couple of times I was the only one.

@cam757 Nice that you able to have some time for yourself.

@schumigirl I was unaware that different countries do the time change at different times. So that was interesting to discover. I was only made aware as I was playing a game that was largely EU based that they put out a notification for game players of the time change. A few years ago I even found out Arizona doesn't even do it at all.

@Lynne G I CAN'T WAIT FOR HALLOWEEN! Woo!

@macraven I hope your show was really good, per usual!

Hope all the homies are having a good Monday!

Ah yes, a back to routine Monday for me.

Good Morning Schumi. With your time change, this week, you are an hour earlier. Bet a lighter starting morning. Nice sounding lunch and dinner.

Sue, yeah with more than a couple time changes, my early morning arrival became a night one, and my night return became a mid afternoon one. So lost park time I had planned and planned for. But such it is, and yes, I would always want a nonstop direct flight than stopping even once. Yep, enjoy being pampered having hair done.

Charade, ah yes, would order that bacon item. Dunkin’ Donuts has a bacon only item. Yum, I do like crispy bacon.

But, sadly, no bacon was purchased, so will have a bagel, as those were purchased this weekend. Good enough, as toasted, will do that shortly. As an another routine, yes tea with breakfast. Well, tea enjoying first, now.

Overcast again, so no sun to see for days, says the weather guy. But indeed, a warmer night, and ten degree warmer day, then we had yesterday. Was a rain showers, cool windy day, yesterday. Dreary week. The rain is here to stay, a rainy week we will have. Including rain to arrive Thursday, thanks for the around 2 inches of predicted rain, Zeta.

And so,
View attachment 534687

Yes, it`s much lighter in the mornings for a while.......then slowly starts to darken......I like it when the sun shines though.

It’s all Kumbaya until the first person runs out of toilet paper

While the 🐈 🐱 away, the :earsgirl::earsboy: will play

Droool
I’m drawing a blank for tonight. Need to stick my head into freezer First package wins

such a strong season thus far!

Skipped/tapped the kiddie version to watch the 1st ep of HBOs Undoing. Nicole Kidman, Hugh Grant & Donald Sutherland. So far so good, reminds me of an understated big little Lies a bit

Yep, especially when they shift from multiple offerings to just one. Was relieved, Once the dust settled thus far, there’s been at least one NS open per day for flights I’ve needed

got the email from SWA indicated that as of 12/1 they will start selling middle seats again. At least they offered full refundView attachment 534707

lol.....kumbaya indeed!!!

Pulled pork here tonight Janet......yes, think many of us have the fall sweater body this winter!!

@schumigirl I was unaware that different countries do the time change at different times. So that was interesting to discover. I was only made aware as I was playing a game that was largely EU based that they put out a notification for game players of the time change. A few years ago I even found out Arizona doesn't even do it at all.

Hope all the homies are having a good Monday!

Yes, we do somethings different as well as time zones. Our Father`s Days are the same, but we have our Mother`s Day in March not May. Means I get to celebrate twice as we like to go to Orlando in May........

Hope you have a good day too........

So far we`ve had rain, sun, cool wind and now it`s just grey.

Have done some baking today.....nothing fancy, just a cherry madeira cake, bit like pound cake and some blueberry muffins, a couple will do breakfast tomorrow.....

And now time for mid afternoon cuppa.........

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. Yep, firsts are hard.

@macraven I’ll try having a butter beer for you, frozen is my fav. My friend & I may share one. Stupid diabetes wrecks everything. So many temptations at the parks. Loved both Dead eps last night. World is getting better!

@schumigirl I never heard of a spice kitchen either. While I was on a neighbourhood walk with my friend there was an open house lol! New build. So we decided why not. I had to ask realtor why there was A small kitchen off the main kitchen. I am not sure how it works, maybe extra ventilation to prevent smells escaping.
My brothers dishwasher caught on fire. They did same, put on before bed. Good thing one of their sons decided to go downstairs for a snack.
Mmmm BLT sounds great. Arugula is my fav.
Weather has turned cold here too.

@Lynne G so sad about airline changes. And coming from the west coast the best I can do with early morning flight is a 5pm arrival so I had booked a red eye so I could arrive early morning. But on weekend they don’t have the 5pm flight offered so they put me on a flight that didn’t arrive till midnight. I’m glad I changed to arrive a day earlier. Now with departure changed to leave at 7am I would have lost almost 2 days of vacay.
I guess all airlines are scrambling. My flight is almost direct! I have to take a puddle jumper to SeaTac. By the time flight reaches altitude iTS time to start decent. Then from SeaTac to MCO it’s direct. In the past I sometimes made the 3hr drive to SeaTac if price difference is worth it.

@Realfoodfans hugs to you. And hope your baking went well!

@keishashadow I‘m going to have to look up that HBO show. Great cast.

Weather has been cold the past few days. But supposed to warm up in a day or 2 sadly with rain on the way.
Going to get nails done this morning then meet some friends for lunch.
I think after Christmas I’ll take a break from shellac nails. Or Dip. Not like I’m working anymore or going out a lot. I think just a coat of clear gloss will be fine.

:wave2: Morning! Snowed all day here yesterday and some of it stuck around! Mac please send some sunshine and warm weather! In exchange I offer you bacon and tacos. New Disney Christmas merch dropped today and I think the snow made me buy way more of it than I intended. Oh well Spirit Jersey's go with anything right?

Went to the store and got the supplies to make a spicy sausage, potato, and beer cheese soup. Thinking I'll make that for dinner so then we can have leftovers for lunch the next couple of days.

Stay warm folks and Happy Halloween week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter