Something About Nothing............ #14

Yay, Dix, Schumi, Julie, Mac, Sue, Keisha and Elsa all here.

Kids were told to mail letters. Think food will be in hands when they come home? Probably.

Nope, will not drink any kind of Butter-beer. May take a sip from my older one’s drink, but that’s it. Little one will not drink it either.

And yeah, holidays are always good for loving memories. Mother’s Day this year was hard, but think Christmas will be just as hard. Though as always in our hearts, happy memories should rule the day.

Saw a post on Facebook UOP page, that tribute store was having a sale. Hope that is true for those looking to buy in that store. I did, but other than AP discount, no other, when I was there.

Never stayed at CB, but many do enjoy it there. So far sticking to the top 3 and SF. Not really feeling the lower tired resorts, but I still like the idea can easily walk to VB from CB, as I enjoy at least a few times to go to VB during my stay. But never really had an issue with the buses, though massive lines one time to return, and packed buses sometimes when going.

Ooh, a request to buy that fancy coffee. I guess. They better have food if they are getting coffee now. No cooking lunch. Yeah, that’s fine. Did snack on some crackers earlier. Hungry for some reason.

Yay, it’s afternoon now.

And yep, soon, it will be lighter out in the morning, then dark when waking and dark when ending work day. Time of year.

I have tried all the butter beer and my favorite is the frozen
definatley! Frozen is far superior!

:wave2: Morning! Snowed all day here yesterday and some of it stuck around! Mac please send some sunshine and warm weather! In exchange I offer you bacon and tacos. New Disney Christmas merch dropped today and I think the snow made me buy way more of it than I intended. Oh well Spirit Jersey's go with anything right?

Went to the store and got the supplies to make a spicy sausage, potato, and beer cheese soup. Thinking I'll make that for dinner so then we can have leftovers for lunch the next couple of days.

Stay warm folks and Happy Halloween week!
yum that soup sounds delish. Aside from the sausage, sounds like LeCellier soup.
I love the spirit jerseys but the fit is wrong on me. Really big on top then narrow around hips. Not a great look on me. Wish they had more of a woman's fit vs unisex.
Yay, Dix, Schumi, Julie, Mac, Sue, Keisha and Elsa all here.

Kids were told to mail letters. Think food will be in hands when they come home? Probably.

Nope, will not drink any kind of Butter-beer. May take a sip from my older one’s drink, but that’s it. Little one will not drink it either.

And yeah, holidays are always good for loving memories. Mother’s Day this year was hard, but think Christmas will be just as hard. Though as always in our hearts, happy memories should rule the day.

Saw a post on Facebook UOP page, that tribute store was having a sale. Hope that is true for those looking to buy in that store. I did, but other than AP discount, no other, when I was there.

Never stayed at CB, but many do enjoy it there. So far sticking to the top 3 and SF. Not really feeling the lower tired resorts, but I still like the idea can easily walk to VB from CB, as I enjoy at least a few times to go to VB during my stay. But never really had an issue with the buses, though massive lines one time to return, and packed buses sometimes when going.

Ooh, a request to buy that fancy coffee. I guess. They better have food if they are getting coffee now. No cooking lunch. Yeah, that’s fine. Did snack on some crackers earlier. Hungry for some reason.

Yay, it’s afternoon now.

And yep, soon, it will be lighter out in the morning, then dark when waking and dark when ending work day. Time of year.
Yep, happy memories should be the focus. My daughter & I did a bit of reminiscing of funny memories.
I’m looking forward to my 1 night at CB. But for going to parks I can’t ween myself away from the top 3. Express pass is so worth it.

Well no nails today, just as well my appt was changed to tomorrow.

First year after loved ones pass is brutal. Most agree time will lessen the Initial level of grief. Imo best u can realistic hope to achieve is a bittersweet vibe but I urge all to talk through their feelings to a receptive ear :hug:

Oh well Spirit Jersey's go with anything right?
Most not my cuppa but the red Xmas one is so cute, even I’m tempted
Same, just too close to cream of soda I have mused that a loaded one (rum?) might help the cause

@schumigirl I never heard of a spice kitchen either. While I was on a neighbourhood walk with my friend there was an open house lol! New build. So we decided why not. I had to ask realtor why there was A small kitchen off the main kitchen. I am not sure how it works, maybe extra ventilation to prevent smells escaping.
My brothers dishwasher caught on fire. They did same, put on before bed. Good thing one of their sons decided to go downstairs for a snack.
Mmmm BLT sounds great. Arugula is my fav.
Weather has turned cold here too.

I cannot imagine that working......if you open a door or carry the food out of there....you`d still smell it?? Weird thing to have as a selling point......

How scary for your brothers son to discover that!!

We love arugula...or rocket as we call it in the UK.....and is lovely on a BLT.

:wave2: Morning! Snowed all day here yesterday and some of it stuck around! Mac please send some sunshine and warm weather! In exchange I offer you bacon and tacos. New Disney Christmas merch dropped today and I think the snow made me buy way more of it than I intended. Oh well Spirit Jersey's go with anything right?

Went to the store and got the supplies to make a spicy sausage, potato, and beer cheese soup. Thinking I'll make that for dinner so then we can have leftovers for lunch the next couple of days.

View attachment 534729

Snow???? Goodness.....seems far too early for that four lettered word......then I remember it`s November on Sunday!

Same, just too close to cream of soda I have mused that a loaded one (rum?) might help the cause

:cheer2:

I think my pulled pork tonight was the nicest ever! Will buy our pork from that butcher again.....slow cookers are the best though, they cook everything perfectly.

After watching Friday the 13th last night......trying to decide which scary movie to watch tonight......will have a root through the DVD`s.......

Rain is back on and think it`ll be on all day tomorrow. Lovely. But, cosy night ahead again.......

:wave2: Morning! Snowed all day here yesterday and some of it stuck around! Mac please send some sunshine and warm weather! In exchange I offer you bacon and tacos.

View attachment 534729
Will do .. sunshine on its way to you.

It is 77 here and the ac is still on.
Move South.

I’ll send you my weather for the bacon and tacos...

Lunch was lovely. Always nice when we’re able to get together. I think we lingered almost 3 hrs!
Sunny and cold, brrr. I think was 45f very unusual for here. We had record cold temps on weekend. But rain on the way. I think unfortunately it will cancel husbands Wednesday golf.

@schumigirl yes, it was very lucky that brothers son went down to the kitchen. Everyone was already upstairs asleep.

Someone needs to put the porch light on so no one ends up with stubbed toes here.

Sue, were you the one that turned the light off tonight...jk

Another few weeks before I need a light on here in the mornings.......it`s quite light here in the am with the clock change.....but it`s not long till it starts to creep back darker........stubbed toes are bloomin painful!!

Another early night last night.....my goodness I was shattered. I blame the change in the temperature and dark nights for being tired. So, didn`t see the end of the movie we were watching, will catch up on it tonight. It wasn`t that brilliant, not scary enough.

Some of us have rain all day today here......we have to get rain around mid afternoon, so will get out this morning before it arrives. Tom`s parcel didn`t arrive yesterday so it`s coming today now....after midday.

Going to have another burst of Christmas shopping today.......will get some stuff in the shops this morning and order a few things online too. Had a few ideas last night for folks. But, friends are all still doing the charity donation instead of Christmas cards again this year. We all spent a fortune on cards, special cards especially....so we all work out how much we would spend and donate it instead. I think this is our third or fourth year doing it now. I still send mum and immediate family cards though and my older aunts. But it adds up to a good donation every year.

Boring breakfast this morning. No idea for the rest of the day yet.....

cv95-M.png

cv76-S.gif

cv133-XL.jpg

Happy Tuesday..........​

Morning all. One day to go until our trip and finally allowing a little excitement in! Will not bring suitcases in until the children are in bed tonight as they have to go to their father for the rest of the week and J will be stressed if he thinks his Mummy will be in her own for 5 days. However I can get everything ready on our bed later and have already packed my travel bag with books, drawing pad etc.

My favourite cousin now lives in Exeter with his new partner. (He lost his previous partner to breast cancer 4 years ago). We haven’t met her yet and he’s bringing her over to Sidmouth on Saturday so I’m looking forward to that.

The second car is still in the garage as the specific tyres Kev had requested had not arrived. Em is meant to be meeting a friend and her daughter and walking with the children today at a nature trail in the hills so I’ve offered to take them and I will read or draw in the car. She’s not insured on our new huge 7-seater (doesn’t want to be!).

Take out for us later I will pick it up after my hair appointment. J is having his cut too as their normal children hairdressers was fully booked for the holidays. Ian has known J all his life and understands his sensory needs so he will be comfortable with that.

Lynne when you say crackers what type do you mean? Here our crackers are for with cheese etc.

@Elsaspiritanimal - snow! Wow - what area do you live in please?

Happy Tuesday all x

Last edited:
Ah yes, the time of day I can say a hello and Good Morning to those already having a nice morning, And bit earlier one for some, because of the time change. So happy Tuesday to Schumi and Julie.

Ah yes, a rainy day for us too, Schumi. And a foggy one as well, this morning. Even last night, little one wanted to show me an item she wanted. Very dense fog last night as we drove. Yeah, warmer weather, rain even overnight, steamy like the tropics, though not nearly as warm. But in the 60’s for us, the highs this week, is seasonal. Yay, no snow like Elsa, though we did have a good snow storm on Halloween a few years ago. No trick or treating that year on Halloween, though many opened doors a few days later, when towns announced when trick or treating could be safely done.

And so, Schumi and Julie are out and about today.

Nice to have all different ways to celebrate the holidays, Schumi. I am different, I usually don’t send cards to family, as see them mostly on the holidays. But I still send cards to those the only time I generally only hear from them via a card, and they only hear from me that way too. It does add up, the stamps and cards. Plus the time to do them. I was a slacker last year, only sent a few. Hope your shopping was successful.

Julie, yay! One more sleep. Sweet thinking of kids as you pack. And yay, pampering with haircut today. Where I go, it is a family hair salon, so the lady that I prefer, has always done me, and the kids. Hehe, now, the kids chauffeur me, as both like to drive. And yes, my crackers are those to go with cheese. Saltines. Just thought no cheese with them yesterday.

And ah yes, not only is it the third day of the week, it is Taco Tuesday.

And I see Mac got Elsa’s letter:
CE4807F3-FC0E-4AA8-84A5-99FA260F8D9D.jpeg

So while Mac May be doing her Taco Bell run today, and my Taco Bell app dong said, last day to enjoy free Taco for base stolen in the baseball game the other day. Eh, kids are not fond of latest box, so not their choice of food lately. And the closet Taco Bell is further then other places we enjoy takeout from. So yeah,
E8AE18B1-5BEB-4127-9A8C-469B48892F47.png

Hehe, so however you enjoy a Taco today, made, or bought, yay! You will be having a Taco Tuesday. Woot!

And thus, while still no bacon here, bagel it is, and well, tea. Yes tea. Therefore, to all the homies:
2D7B1827-0EB3-4390-97DC-06340CC26979.jpeg

I love the spirit jerseys but the fit is wrong on me. Really big on top then narrow around hips. Not a great look on me. Wish they had more of a woman's fit vs unisex.
Most not my cuppa but the red Xmas one is so cute, even I’m tempted

I love spirit Jerseys way too much! Since I'm larger on the top the fit actually works out really well for me. But since I don't have any Christmas trips planned, I really wasn't supposed to get another spirit Jersey! Whoops but it was way too cute to pass up - I mean come on it has the puppy from Pirates on it! LOL

sounds like LeCellier soup.

Yeah I didn't even think of that soup but it is one of my faves!

Going to have another burst of Christmas shopping today.......will get some stuff in the shops this morning and order a few things online too. Had a few ideas last night for folks. But, friends are all still doing the charity donation instead of Christmas cards again this year. We all spent a fortune on cards, special cards especially....so we all work out how much we would spend and donate it instead. I think this is our third or fourth year doing it now. I still send mum and immediate family cards though and my older aunts. But it adds up to a good donation every year.

Wow what a good idea! I'm horrible about sending out cards anyway because usually we have family get togethers like Lynne. But this year I might need to send some cards...but I like this idea so I might just send a few and do the donation too. Lord knows this year especially its needed.

One day to go until our trip and finally allowing a little excitement in!

Yay for trips! So glad it is finally here for you and you can get excited now!!

@Elsaspiritanimal - snow! Wow - what area do you live in please?
But in the 60’s for us, the highs this week, is seasonal. Yay, no snow like Elsa

Wisconsin gal here. It usually isn't this bad this early, but November seems to have snuck in. Luckily it does look like this week will warm up into at least the 40's or low 50's a couple of days this week - now that I can handle a little better! :) Looks like Mac did a good job sending a little warmth my way. Enjoy those tacos today! 🌮

Hubby had to go into the office today - has been very rare lately so I have the home office to myself for a change! Think I'll make popcorn and other bad things for lunch that he wouldn't want.

Glad to hear warmer weather for you Elsa. Yeah, house is usually quieter when DH is not working at home. Yay, popcorn. And picky eater little one, we eat lots of stuff she won’t eat, when she is not home.:-)

Tea it is, house feels a bit cool. But weather lady said will see some sun later today. Woot! Would be good if that happens as can do lunchtime walk. Need to use those shades. ::yes::

17470887-0CCF-48CB-A568-3CAF16BBA451.jpeg
@keishashadow is Undoing scary? Lol. Remember I’m in the chicken club!
There was a bit of blood for a split second. Thus far I’d call it a moody mystery
Going to have another burst of Christmas shopping today
Same, afraid things are going to go to heck & will be hunkered down again ugh. Some things, ala clothing & shoe brands with which I’m not familiar, I prefer to not purchase online.

One day to go until our trip and finally allowing a little excitement in!
Whoohooo:car:
Nice to have all different ways to celebrate the holidays, Schumi. I am different, I usually don’t send cards to family, as see them mostly on the holidays. But I still send cards to those the only time I generally only hear from them via a card, and they only hear from me that way too. It does add up, the stamps and cards. Plus the time to do them. I was a slacker last year, only sent a few. Hope your shopping was successful.
Still feel bad making the call to extended family that Thanksgiving, xmas & NYE are off. Will still invite the kids of course. What’s funny is after expressing disappointment the 2nd thing mentioned was “how about Easter?” Guess they like the food :)
All my meals are take outs
Have noticed when just the 2 of us, will grab it at least once a week.

Cooking & baking have always been a creative outlet for me. Would miss it terribly if not able to tinker in the kitchen.

That said, all i could muster yesterday was burgers & fries (did get a bit fancy & make them loaded). Today is still a mystery. Will wait till i get back home to see what speaks to me.
I mean come on it has the puppy from Pirates on it! LOL
makes perfect sense to me

Oh Keisha, when I say family, just my siblings and their spouses, with my kids and sometimes my youngest niece. And usually in time for dessert, my second oldest niece and her young family. We all feel safe with each other. And yeah, any day I don’t have to cook. Yay. Though I do not mind cooking. And baking, when the weather gets cooler. Hehe, little one asked if our baking weekend in December is still a go. I hope so, but won’t probably bake as much. I doubt neither DH or I will be back in the office any time soon. So any baking share I get, will be mostly just for us.

I actually love doing all the cards. I used to send out dozens and still do send some to family whether I see them or not. Always did hand cards when we saw family at Christmas too....I didn`t know people didn`t if you met up.....again, different strokes.

There are many folks we keep in touch with at Christmas, so I still send them, but I do add the money I would have saved to the Charity too. It`s really the special cards that we as friends all sent to one another we wanted to cut back on.

It could easily be over a £100 by the time you added them all up. I have several large groups of friends that we deem "special" so special cards cost added up.

It does make a good donation though.

Ended up not going out today at all.......got what I wanted online.....yay!

My Taco Bell run will be tonight
My lunch meal will be bbq

All my meals are take outs

Since Schumi did not make bacon this morning,
will just do lunch and dinner tonight ..

Oh no bacon!!!! I forgot.....will make up for it tomorrow......tell Tom....Bacon on Wednesday........he won`t argue that one...:rotfl:

I love spirit Jerseys way too much! Since I'm larger on the top the fit actually works out really well for me. But since I don't have any Christmas trips planned, I really wasn't supposed to get another spirit Jersey! Whoops but it was way too cute to pass up - I mean come on it has the puppy from Pirates on it! LOL

Yeah I didn't even think of that soup but it is one of my faves!

Wow what a good idea! I'm horrible about sending out cards anyway because usually we have family get togethers like Lynne. But this year I might need to send some cards...but I like this idea so I might just send a few and do the donation too. Lord knows this year especially its needed.

Yay for trips! So glad it is finally here for you and you can get excited now!!

Wisconsin gal here. It usually isn't this bad this early, but November seems to have snuck in. Luckily it does look like this week will warm up into at least the 40's or low 50's a couple of days this week - now that I can handle a little better! :) Looks like Mac did a good job sending a little warmth my way. Enjoy those tacos today! 🌮

Hubby had to go into the office today - has been very rare lately so I have the home office to myself for a change! Think I'll make popcorn and other bad things for lunch that he wouldn't want.

View attachment 534907

It`s a brilliant idea isn`t it! We`ve done it for several years now and the charities are very grateful, and yes, I think this year moreso.

I have no idea what a spirit jersey is???

View attachment 534916

There was a bit of blood for a split second. Thus far I’d call it a moody mystery

Same, afraid things are going to go to heck & will be hunkered down again ugh. Some things, ala clothing & shoe brands with which I’m not familiar, I prefer to not purchase online.

Whoohooo:car:

Still feel bad making the call to extended family that Thanksgiving, xmas & NYE are off. Will still invite the kids of course. What’s funny is after expressing disappointment the 2nd thing mentioned was “how about Easter?” Guess they like the food :)

Have noticed when just the 2 of us, will grab it at least once a week.

Cooking & baking have always been a creative outlet for me. Would miss it terribly if not able to tinker in the kitchen.

That said, all i could muster yesterday was burgers & fries (did get a bit fancy & make them loaded). Today is still a mystery. Will wait till i get back home to see what speaks to me.

makes perfect sense to me

lol.....love the meme!!!

Yes, I love cooking and find it very relaxing to cook anything really and play around with ingredients. Baking, I think I`d give myself a must try harder score......I like it, just not brilliant. My blueberry muffins i made yesterday didn`t make breakfast today so maybe I`m doing something right.....lol.....

Yes, don`t fancy leaving it till we are in a national lockdown again, and are without somethings......maybe I`m the panic buyer I hate so much now.......oh dear!!!

4.30pm and it`d almost dark. Just been around the house putting on lamps everywhere. I do love the house lit up, I like to wander into a room and the lamps are already on....some folks think it`s a waste of electric.....I`m not asking them to pay my bills though.....I like cosy........

Dinner is chicken breasts stuffed with brie, cranberry and wrapped in parma ham......diced up roasted potatoes and I`m having roast parsips...no one else likes them, so will do everyone else carrots.......nice.

@macraven oops! Guilty as charged! Sorry about any stubbed toes.

@schumigirl I fell asleep with TV on last night too! It’s these dark nights!

@Realfoodfans yay for trip! Safe travels.

@Lynne G rain will be coming here too. Very grey dreary morning yuck.
I’ve slacked off Christmas cards too. Mostly send to out of town people but started doing E cards too.

@Elsaspiritanimal jealous the spirt jersey fits you! They are super cute!

@keishashadow ok lol. I’ll give it a go. I looked it up and read the show info and wasn’t sure! I don’t mind blood and guts. I watched Game of Thrones lol! Just don’t do scary!

Going to get nails done today. On the way is a garden shop. Going to get some garlic to plant. We decided to try to grow our own this year.
Stopping at the big Costco near nails. Will look around at clothing. They get high end brands. Also have to return a jacket. Looked better in photo than on me.
Happy Taco Tuesday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!