Something About Nothing............ #14

Ooh, nothing like ordering one or two more Charade.

Yeah Mac, we are generally in agreement as to meal, but since Wawa on way to pizza place, and neither older one or I was in pizza mood, so all got meal of choice. Both within a 5 to 7 minute drive.

Cam, thanks for the black licorice. We get the black licorice that is what I call the shoe lace kind, that comes wound in circles. When I was very young, the candy store sold a long strand of that for two pennies. Little one likes black too. Older one likes the cherry tasting kind, more than the black.

I do my corn bread in a iron skillet. Comes out moist every time. And just enough, for it to be gone quickly.

Puzzle.... need to take a break. Will go back to it though.

Buzz, why thank you phone, drive by to be done tomorrow. Yay, stuff ready to be put into car when I push the I’m here button on phone as pull into the pick up parking spots. And on way to my own drop off. How nice is that?

I do have to agree dlpn that hefty bags brand are worth it

Snow!!
Thanks for the licorice, you are a good homie to share it with me.

Sweet cornbread is the best!
My mom made it a lot. It was always popular to where I grew up in the St Louis area.

Haha really funny!!!

I have lost nearly 18 pounds since our September trip and really only thing I’ve made a huge cut in is the adult beverages, but it’s been worth it, I love being able to wax my cars all day for example, and still have energy to go for a nice drive in the evening!!!

:rotfl2:

A scoop of orange sherbet and a scope of vanilla ice cream is what I want now!

Lynne that’s what I use also when I make cornbread

dlpn that makes me think of that movie Karate Kid
Wax on, wax off

charade we should all send you different puzzle pieces and see if you can make it all connected

Watching Apollo 13 on tv
Kevin Bacon and Tom Hanks looks so young !

:wave2: Catching up! yesterday Loooong day. Nudged awake by dog at 8 am-nudge then cold nose in face. Guess I didn't close bedroom door tight. DH was at his dad's in sTL as his dad is having computer issues (again-DH is his dad's personal IT person I guess). Pretty much ran all day trying to get ready to leave. Nice day out so door to deck was open. Couple chickens took that as invitation to come in...shooed them out several times but then dog wanted to go in/out/in/out so left door open again-and rinse and repeat. One advantage to last flight out from our regional airport is tons of space to spread out as only one gate in use. Sanford same way-one of last flights in so not many peeps.
Slept in until hunger drove us out for breakfast. FLorida governor may have "lifted' the restrictions but restaurants are still doing the distancing between table. First Watch for breakfast (got on the virtual waiting list before we left condo-waited about 3 minutes for table-much better than trying to find spot in crowd outside waiting for tables!) Ale house for dinner-had 2 sides open on the patio so we sat outside, by one of the open sides. Grocery shop at the new Target (how have people still not discovered this one? Not crowded at all).
Nap this afternoon-apparently rained while we slept! Have the kiddo's car but she's opted to stay on campus this weekend as she has homework and projects to finish.

Last time we were at this resort it was Thanksgiving 2018-and resort was so busy. Weird with it at low capacity but nice...
Spent a low key covid birthday with my mom and son.
Belated Happy Birthday!
Levine also said that anytime you're out of your home you should be wearing a mask. I frequently take my dogs for walks without a mask on. I keep one in my pocket in case I need it, but walking outside with no one around doesn't seem to warrant wearing a mask.
yeah-outside with no one around-or even brief passing-doesn't seem to make sense.
lol....I thought that too......I think maybe once I forgot to eat......never made that mistake again!
I do frequently when I am home and in a groove working. Then I end up with headaches!
`m guessing Stove Top is like a ready made boxed stuffing? There is one over here called Paxo......some folks use it and that`s what they think stuffing is. It`s completely rank.....we went to my aunt`s one year for Christmas when I was a child and that`s what she served. Mum tried to tell me not to try it, but I did. Never forgot that awful plastic taste.......
Hubs loves stovetop, I've had to upgrade his tastes...my stuffing is actually a version of the Paula Dean recipe...
Do you have sausage rolls there? Again homemade are popular in this home. Butchers (gluten free so no filler) sausage meat makes all the difference. Flaky pastry casing.
Like a Kolache? I grew up with sweet Kolaches (DH's aunt makes the BEST sweet kolaches) but there are savory ones with sausage.
The girls were distraught over losing their hours, again.
I have a hankering for Univerals’s pizza fries
I can't wait to try the crepes! those fries looked pretty good!
I have missed the big oyster roasts that different clubs have for fundraisers during the fall. Hopefully, next year. All the beer and roasted oysters you can consume. Makes for a fun afternoon.
And the people doing the fundraisers have missed you! I know our clubs are going to have to do something to make up for the massive revenue loss from cancelled fundraisers - between our 3 major clubs we raise close to 500k/year (one club does bingo which brings in ~1/2 that and then our major combined club chili cookoff usually brings upwards of 120k).
Yes, things with sentimental value mean an awful lot to me too. I was so glad to have both.
Bright spot in this dismal year and hopefully a sign things will be getting better!!
But will say, do not like Florida tap water at all.
bleh me neither. One of the things I did last night before collapsing was rescue the Brita pitcher from the Owners locker tub and fill the pitcher -and set up coffee maker in the condo
We got to see the baby
so cute!!
He drove it home, then we had our turns....nice!
I’m in line behind Lynne
I'm behind Mac!! How fun for Kyle and woot! to having time off to really have some fun with the new toy car!!
hen I wake up for real and confuse dh by trying to explain what I was dreaming in my dream.
My dreams fade fast when I wake up, but occasionally I've woken up ticked off by something DH did in my dream LOL
Yep, I was the only one in the salon yesterday wearing a mask, but the way the new place is set up everyone is kinda separated by the station so you dont see or are next to anyone.

Speaking of salons, does everyone elses hairdressers take two and a half hairs for highlights and a cut. It took soooo long.
Mine takes less than 2 hours, usually closer to hour or hour and half.
Everyone wears masks in the place I go to-our town is the case on the CDC website about the hairdressers who had covid and none of the their clients (those who wanted testing) were infected.
Saw this earlier in the week and thought of it when I saw Schumis pic about mimosas. Think I am going to do this New Years.
Ok this is eerie-grocery shopping this am I picked up a couple small bottles of Prosecco for mimosas...
It was always popular to where I grew up in the St Louis area.
Did I not know you grew up around ST Louis?

Fading fast-DH wants to go to Universal for a bit tomorrow. Have to pick up son's pass anyway. Don't think it will be early, so hoping not too bad later in day/evening.

:wave2: Catching up! yesterday Loooong day. Nudged awake by dog at 8 am-nudge then cold nose in face. Guess I didn't close bedroom door tight. DH was at his dad's in sTL as his dad is having computer issues (again-DH is his dad's personal IT person I guess). Pretty much ran all day trying to get ready to leave. Nice day out so door to deck was open. Couple chickens took that as invitation to come in...shooed them out several times but then dog wanted to go in/out/in/out so left door open again-and rinse and repeat. One advantage to last flight out from our regional airport is tons of space to spread out as only one gate in use. Sanford same way-one of last flights in so not many peeps.
Slept in until hunger drove us out for breakfast. FLorida governor may have "lifted' the restrictions but restaurants are still doing the distancing between table. First Watch for breakfast (got on the virtual waiting list before we left condo-waited about 3 minutes for table-much better than trying to find spot in crowd outside waiting for tables!) Ale house for dinner-had 2 sides open on the patio so we sat outside, by one of the open sides. Grocery shop at the new Target (how have people still not discovered this one? Not crowded at all).
Nap this afternoon-apparently rained while we slept! Have the kiddo's car but she's opted to stay on campus this weekend as she has homework and projects to finish.

Last time we were at this resort it was Thanksgiving 2018-and resort was so busy. Weird with it at low capacity but nice...
Belated Happy Birthday!
yeah-outside with no one around-or even brief passing-doesn't seem to make sense.
I do frequently when I am home and in a groove working. Then I end up with headaches!
Hubs loves stovetop, I've had to upgrade his tastes...my stuffing is actually a version of the Paula Dean recipe...
Like a Kolache? I grew up with sweet Kolaches (DH's aunt makes the BEST sweet kolaches) but there are savory ones with sausage.

And the people doing the fundraisers have missed you! I know our clubs are going to have to do something to make up for the massive revenue loss from cancelled fundraisers - between our 3 major clubs we raise close to 500k/year (one club does bingo which brings in ~1/2 that and then our major combined club chili cookoff usually brings upwards of 120k).
Bright spot in this dismal year and hopefully a sign things will be getting better!!
bleh me neither. One of the things I did last night before collapsing was rescue the Brita pitcher from the Owners locker tub and fill the pitcher -and set up coffee maker in the condo
so cute!!

I'm behind Mac!! How fun for Kyle and woot! to having time off to really have some fun with the new toy car!!
My dreams fade fast when I wake up, but occasionally I've woken up ticked off by something DH did in my dream LOL
Everyone wears masks in the place I go to-our town is the case on the CDC website about the hairdressers who had covid and none of the their clients (those who wanted testing) were infected.
Ok this is eerie-grocery shopping this am I picked up a couple small bottles of Prosecco for mimosas...

Fading fast-DH wants to go to Universal for a bit tomorrow. Have to pick up son's pass anyway. Don't think it will be early, so hoping not too bad later in day/evening.

Have a great time at Universal!!!!!!!!

Nope don’t think so

only was able to see you are still up
regular normal homies are snoring .....lol

Lynne is our morning alarm clock and never fails to be one of the homies that open up the curtains each morning to get our butts moving so peeps are not late for work

I’m prone to insomnia so I, at times, am up to between 1:00 -2:00 am, sometimes 3:00
A few times I don’t fall asleep until 3:00 am which is murder for me since the cats eat between 6-6:30 each
And they do not know how to use a can opener
If the cats had thumbs, that might help.
I slept between shifts it seems like it
If my cats were smart, they would work and learn how to use the can opener and let me sleep

A few years back, we had 3 homies that were night owls like me.
Posting early morning hours were normal

we were like Vegas where people never sleep

but those lovely posters stopped posting some years back

we had tiny dancer, Kevin and Bluer on the
Night shift ( and me) and sometimes Andy if he was between jobs, the thread almost took on as a 24 thread for us

We are entering into now holiday times and all homies need to switch gear and be pleasant to all

if you don’t like someone, don’t talk to them or try to PUT them on ignore
Use the ignore button if someone bugs you.
We all get along together quite well in this orphanage

We created a home
here to fit all.

It is not nice or acceptable to be a meanie to others In this thread

we are the red headed step kids who meet in this board
Kids of the Dis

we all work together and our only rule is to place nice with all.
Talk fun stuff with each other
People that can’t do that for one request they make,
the thread is not fun to go to

if you don’t like a poster , stay kind to them
If you have friction with anyone , don't talk to them or put them down
use the ignore button .

We are living in a pandemic period
Things outside this home I made for all
To feel safe No One should feel Unwanted

rudeness or surly statement to them will stop
Play nice and stop rudeness and double meanings
Or direct it to the person privately directed to read

you all are in this orphanage with us so make the
best of it

If you want excitement and want to have heated exchanges , the community board is the
place to post

time to cut back on the wise cracks and hidden agendas

Not snoozing Mac - up early and busy in the kitchen. Slightly better night only up twice but woke at 6.40 that was it. Hope there hasn’t been any nastiness on here. Haven’t seen any but can easily miss posts when busy. Hugs if affected.

@Monykalyn hoping you get some pics at Universal. Have a wonderful time. L has a new Christmas story book about a family of rabbits. She had me playing a game yesterday where the rabbit family have 33 days in Florida to go to Disney & Universal - today I’m assuming our game will be down to 32 days!

Hope Lynne gets a sleep in.

I’m off to find a gift for stepson and partner in preparation for their first baby due end of the year. I don’t see them often at all but Kev occasionally does. We have bought the pram bundle for them but a true baby gift still needed of course.

Another coffee first.

excitement, like beauty, is apparently in the eye of the beholder...as there sure seems to be lots going on here over the last two days
:hourglass

Pssst...do we get booted for cutting line?:teleport:

Who’s? :confused3assume you mean whose:car:

In that case, it’s Carole’s DS’s new ride. A real bucket-list beauty...one that is not available here in the states.

It’s the sort that has any car aficionado salivating like Pavlov’s dog

Line cutting allowed for sure, just for you.........:thumbsup2 :hug:

Never had flourless chocolate cake, but I'm going to find one down in Florida. I love all things chocolate and I moist rich layered chocolate cake is one of my most favorite things. Cheesecake factory does have a good one, but we dont tend to go there very often.

Restrictions wont do any good if people dont follow them. Think how different it would be if everyone was like you. Common sense seems to have gone out the window. You have us in MS where I think our family is one of the only ones wearing masks anywhere and basically staying home. Then you have our old home in CA where the governor wants to take away all turkeys over 10 pounds so people will have small gatherings.

Yes please!

We had this all the time when I was a kid, Dad loved it. Never made it for my family. We get stuffing only when mom does a turkey. I have only made a turkey once and it was ok, but its a tradition now that Mom and Jake do the turkey.

QUOTE="schumigirl, post: 62475841, member: 149559"]
Home made sausage rolls here too...

Thanks...we do love a nice car!

Flourless chocolate cake is wonderful! Although I don`t like it.......lol.....it`s very rich, moist and almost like a ganache. Doesn`t look the best as although it does rise when baking, it sinks completely when cooling.....but oh yes, you`d love it.....

Mimosas are always acceptable......that does look good with, as Janet said looks like a sherbert.......?

BBQ food is so much better in Florida than we can do in the UK....we do ok, but oh goodness had some gorgeous stuff down there. But, if you don`t like it. Good thing about Florida is there are plenty of other choices.......

Sausage rolls are incredibly unhealthy, but completely delicious! At get togethers they disappear so fast as everyone loves them. They can be mini sized and so easy to eat.....stores sell them but most are all bland pastry with little meat, making your own is easy and much tastier. Again, I think you`d love them, I have to google sausage cheeseballs.....

Have a good Sunday.......

A scoop of orange sherbet and a scope of vanilla ice cream is what I want now!

Lynne that’s what I use also when I make cornbread

dlpn that makes me think of that movie Karate Kid
Wax on, wax off

charade we should all send you different puzzle pieces and see if you can make it all connected

Watching Apollo 13 on tv
Kevin Bacon and Tom Hanks looks so young !

Love Kevin Bacon! And can`t go wrong with a good Tom Hanks movie........haven`t seen that one for many years.

Belated Happy Birthday!

so cute!!

That is so sweet of your DH to help his dad like that.......my mum has decided at the age of 85 she now needs wifi......lol.....this is going to be fun......for my brothers and sisters who live close by to her.......lol......

Thanks Monyk......we do love a new car.....and have a wonderful time on your trip. I`ve only heard good things about those crepes......I look forward to trying both sweet and savoury styles.

lol on the dreams.......so funny!

Hopefully next year you`ll be back into the fundraising, that is an amazing amount of money to raise......

Have fun :wave2:

Nope don’t think so

only was able to see you are still up
regular normal homies are snoring .....lol

Lynne is our morning alarm clock and never fails to be one of the homies that open up the curtains each morning to get our butts moving so peeps are not late for work

I’m prone to insomnia so I at times am up to between 1:0to 2:00 am sometimes 3:00
A few times I don’t fall asleep until 3:00 am which is murder for me since the cats eat between 6-6:30 each
And they do not know how to use a can opener
If they had thumbs that might hel
I slept between shifts it If seems like it
If my cats were smart, they would work and learn how to use the can opener and let me sleep

A few years back, we had 3 homies that were night owls like me
Posting early morning hours were normal

we were like Vegas where people never sleep

but those lovely posters stopped posting some years back

we had tiny dancer, Kevin and Bluer on the
Night shift ( and me) and sometimes Andy if he was between jobs, the thread almost took on as a 24 thread for us

We are entering into now holiday times and all homies need to switch gear and be pleasant to all

if you don’t like someone, don’t talk to them or try to tear PUT themis
Use thr igmkr button if someone bugs you We all get along together quite well in this orphanage

We created a home
here fall

It is not nice or acceptable to be a meanie to others In This thread

we are the red headed step kids who meet in this board
Kids of the Dis

we all work together and our only rule is to place nice with all
Talk fun stuff with each other
People that can’t do that for one request they make,
the thread no fun to go to

if you don’t like a poster , stay kind to them
If you have friction with anyone , don't talk to them or put them down
use the ignore button
We are living in a pandemic period
Things outside this home I made for all
To feel safe No One should feel Unwanted

rudeness or surly statement to them will stop
Play nice and stop rudeness and double meanings
Or direct it to the person privately directed to read

you all are in this orphanage with us so make the
best of it

If you want excitement and want to have heated exchanges , the community board is the
place to post

time to cut back on the wise cracks and hidden agendas

Those were the days. I always remember the fun reading the original night crews fun posts.......

Nice words mac and very true.

Thank you. :hug:

Not snoozing Mac - up early and busy in the kitchen. Slightly better night only up twice but woke at 6.40 that was it. Hope there hasn’t been any nastiness on here. Haven’t seen any but can easily miss posts when busy. Hugs if affected.

@Monykalyn hoping you get some pics at Universal. Have a wonderful time. L has a new Christmas story book about a family of rabbits. She had me playing a game yesterday where the rabbit family have 33 days in Florida to go to Disney & Universal - today I’m assuming our game will be down to 32 days!

Hope Lynne gets a sleep in.

I’m off to find a gift for stepson and partner in preparation for their first baby due end of the year. I don’t see them often at all but Kev occasionally does. We have bought the pram bundle for them but a true baby gift still needed of course.

Another coffee first.

Oh, it`s there realfood.

We slept so late this morning, but it was so good as we are always up around 6am...for two early retired folks not really necessary......

Good luck with the gift shopping......love buying baby gifts. Our next baby due in the family is one of my godchildren......and I plan to spoil that baby rotten too......enjoy!

Love a Sunday.....not sure why.......

Bacon was enjoyed for breakfast this morning and heading out for a drive around again today. Although I`m sending my two out for some groceries this morning while I make the chocolate cake. Will get to use my new hand mixer this morning.

Rib roast in the Aga cooking away slowly. Always a favourite in this house. My mum reminded me a few weeks ago as children we always had either a joint of beef or roast chicken on alternate Sundays.....it`s true we never, ever had anything else......that was the traditional Sunday lunch growing up. And carrots that had been cooking since the previous Sunday........lol......no such thing as al dente veg back then.

Beautiful sunny day here, but a little cooler than it is supposed to be. Time for another quick cup of tea I think.

cv21-M.gif

cv4-M.jpg

cv86-XL.jpg

Have a wonderful Sunday...........:wave2:

Last edited:
Ah yes. I am usually an early bird. Did get up early, and more wash done. Seems little one wanted some wash done last night. Offfered to do it in the morning, as tossed in my towels too, and fresh towel for my shower just taken. Don’t worry, both kids do their own wash most of the time, but I don’t mind doing it, as did not only add my towels, but seems that chocolate got on my shirt yesterday, so some of my clothes too. And, the hum of the machines are the kind of the sounds I hear in the weekend early mornings.

But of course, a tea pot was one of the first things done. And my weekend routine continues with a quiet house, remote in hand, as well as tea cup, and enjoying what ever I want on the tube that tends to be background noise most of the time. And decided to really try to get that puzzle more done.

So, glad to hear Julie enjoyed her coffee this morning. Aw, kids have such fun memories of things. Travels will commence, just not yet. But joyous time, as this time of year, local fun to enjoy lights, food, and smells.

Schumi’s house must be smelling good with the oven being used. Sweet memories of Sunday meals growing up.

And so, while sometimes I get on here first, puzzle got my attention as sunny out, and those black, blue, browns are so hard to see the slight differences each plane has. And some of the planes are silver in real life, but the puzzle pieces, to me, look like shades of light pink. So early morning sun I was hoping helps. Or I think it is.

Lastly, ah yes, still a Sunday morning for me, so need a wish to all the homies:
4B8D67ED-3F3C-4B82-90D7-91CE6B148A69.jpeg ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!