Something About Nothing............ #14

Sunday, Funday :)

Should be starting on the cinnamon rolls I promised the mr but, on sunday I rarely can resist a rare scoping out of FB to see what the night has ‘wrought
4098450A-2AD4-4B99-8002-745FAA2C9C11.jpeg

do my corn bread in a iron skillet. Comes out moist every time. And just enough, for it to be gone quickly.
I only use mine for a few things, always forget to pull it out for cornbread for some reason, duh. Since i use it so rarely, have gotten more than a few wicked burns forgetting that handle gets so hot, double duh

bleh me neither. One of the things I did last night before collapsing was rescue the Brita pitcher from the Owners locker tub and fill the pitcher -and set up coffee maker in the condo
Seriously, between the smell & taste of orlando’s Water, have been afraid to put it next to an open flame

only was able to see you are still up
regular normal homies are snoring .....lol
Wait, there are normies among us? How did they get vetted?
Do sausage cheeseballs count?
i’m trying to imagine what a sausage cheese ball is. First thing that came to mine was a variation of commercial snack, Jax, cheeseballs but pretty sure I’m wandering off in left field
Yep, I was the only one in the salon yesterday wearing a mask, but the way the new place is set up everyone is kinda separated by the station so you dont see or are next to anyone.

Speaking of salons, does everyone elses hairdressers take two and a half hairs for highlights and a cut. It took soooo long.
Must see a pic :)

Over three for mine usually. Thin hair but tons of it. Salon was really busy last Wednesday. Thought maybe due to our holiday this week. Owner said nope, due to FOMO...so many people worried they will close again & moving their appointments forward.
688AEF76-7D69-4663-AAC3-D5E893832C06.jpeg
Our walmart is totally out of paper towels. Luckily Kroger had some. Its to the point now I order tp and pt every order to make sure we dont run out.
7A9A59B1-DF95-49D5-BEFB-E47DA662B85C.jpeg
We have always made a sweet cornbread and out here what we get isnt sweet at all so I usually dont eat it. Not much for southern food myself and it is a big NO to BBQ. Every baseball, holiday, birthday party etc we have been does pulled pork and I have had my fill. Its ok; maybe I just have not had good BBQ.
BBQ started to really upset my stomach last few years. I do enjoy it but need to load up on antacids pre & post.
That is so sweet of your DH to help his dad like that.......my mum has decided at the age of 85 she now needs wifi......lol.....this is going to be fun......for my brothers and sisters who live close by to her.......lol......
Let’s the merriment begin :)
Don’t worry, both kids do their own wash most of the time, but I don’t mind doing it, as did not only add my towels, but seems that chocolate got on my shirt yesterday, so some of my clothes too. And, the hum of the machines are the kind of the sounds I hear in the weekend early mornings.
Laundry was always a group event here. As in whomever happens to be wandering past the washer, toss it in the dryer, please. For some reason, everyone disappeared when the dryer buzzer went of lol

Sunday, Funday :)

Should be starting on the cinnamon rolls I promised the mr but, on sunday I rarely can resist a rare scoping out of FB to see what the night has ‘wrought
View attachment 539708

I only use mine for a few things, always forget to pull it out for cornbread for some reason, duh. Since i use it so rarely, have gotten more than a few wicked burns forgetting that handle gets so hot, double duh

Seriously, between the smell & taste of orlando’s Water, have been afraid to put it next to an open flame

Wait, there are normies among us? How did they get vetted?

i’m trying to imagine what a sausage cheese ball is. First thing that came to mine was a variation of commercial snack, Jax, cheeseballs but pretty sure I’m wandering off in left field

Must see a pic :)

Over three for mine usually. Thin hair but tons of it. Salon was really busy last Wednesday. Thought maybe due to our holiday this week. Owner said nope, due to FOMO...so many people worried they will close again & moving their appointments forward.
View attachment 539705

View attachment 539706

BBQ started to really upset my stomach last few years. I do enjoy it but need to load up on antacids pre & post.

Let’s the merriment begin :)

Laundry was always a group event here. As in whomever happens to be wandering past the washer, toss it in the dryer, please. For some reason, everyone disappeared when the dryer buzzer went of lol

LOVE the memes....yes, I don`t have FB, but yes, seen that happen. And Harry and the Hendersons.......awww.....haven`t seen that for years!

Yes, I hadn`t heard of sausage cheeseballs? Must ask snowpack......and I don`t know who had their hair done but it wasn`t me......lol......

Yes, I`m in the salon around 2 1/2 - 3 hours.......well, when I`m getting coloured and cut.....always a nice experience. Oh my mother with internet access will be hilarious....I have so many visions of what she`ll do!!

Love cinammon rolls......store bought ones here aren`t brilliant, but in America....love em!!

Rib roast is coming along nicely, aroma is gorgeous in the kitchen. It is quite cold here now, around 42F......and it`s almost 4pm and all lamps are on around the house.......I do quite like darker nights when we don`t have to go anywhere, which is most nights right now with lockdown still in place.....

Think it`ll be mashed potato tonight and red wine sauce to go with the beef and no dessert tonight.

Movie later I think.......

@schumigirl think your long post went rogue - comments came out as though your happenings! I was oh lucky you with a salon open - then read Walmart - realised not correct!

Unexpected nice walk today. Em was meeting Lottie’s best friend & mum at the park - J didn’t want to go so he chose to come with us to meet DS for a walk. All beauty spots around us are no go at the weekend so busy with nowhere else for people to go so we parked at his home and went up onto the canal and across fields back around the village - only 5 miles but a long way for J as his hyper mobility means it takes 10 times more energy for him. Lots to see and talk about kept him entertained.

Do you have canals anywhere in the US similar to ours? Many fell into disrepair and now rebuilt for pleasure use. Criss cross most of the country and always pleasant walking for me as flat! The original barges were pulled by horses and near DS home a number of “turnover” bridges that allowed the horses to cross where the tow path changed sides.
70875BEF-169E-44D6-84F5-35FF2504B643.jpeg

Time to start the veg - roast chicken and the famous stuffing almost ready. All hungry I hope.

@schumigirl think your long post went rogue - comments came out as though your happenings! I was oh lucky you with a salon open - then read Walmart - realised not correct!

Unexpected nice walk today. Em was meeting Lottie’s best friend & mum at the park - J didn’t want to go so he chose to come with us to meet DS for a walk. All beauty spots around us are no go at the weekend so busy with nowhere else for people to go so we parked at his home and went up onto the canal and across fields back around the village - only 5 miles but a long way for J as his hyper mobility means it takes 10 times more energy for him. Lots to see and talk about kept him entertained.

Do you have canals anywhere in the US similar to ours? Many fell into disrepair and now rebuilt for pleasure use. Criss cross most of the country and always pleasant walking for me as flat! The original barges were pulled by horses and near DS home a number of “turnover” bridges that allowed the horses to cross where the tow path changed sides.
View attachment 539733

Time to start the veg - roast chicken and the famous stuffing almost ready. All hungry I hope.

Thanks real :thumbsup2 ......think I fixed it. I think my post being off kilter left Janet`s post off kilter too.....no idea what happened with that.....sorted it now......thanks.......I never go back and look at posts again....well, hardly ever......yes a salon would be nice right now, just because!! I got my hair done just before they closed again and should be ok till almost Christmas, but will get appointment made as soon as they open.

I noticed a few weeks ago it wouldn`t let me multi quote......but seems to have settled down now......

Early dinner here too.....almost ready......

Yes, I hadn`t heard of sausage cheeseballs? Must ask snowpack......and I don`t know who had their hair done but it wasn`t me......lol......

Yes, I`m in the salon around 2 1/2 - 3 hours.......well, when I`m getting coloured and cut.....always a nice experience. Oh my mother with internet access will be hilarious....I have so many visions of what she`ll do!!

Love cinammon rolls......store bought ones here aren`t brilliant, but in America....love em!!
Ok here’s the rolls Not a fan of that sickening sweet glaze, more butter makes it better lol Bottom gets naturally caramelized. I flip mine over, the mr prefers his on bottom.
FB744DE3-7611-4219-9D83-559F863622E2.jpeg

RF ok it was you who made sausage cheddar rolls (whatever those are sound good) & got hair done?

🤔
Do you have canals anywhere in the US similar to ours?
I had a mule, her name was Sal...15 miles on the Erie Canal

song most school kids learn here when learning about the canal system in place here before autos

still a few around. Patty who used to post here could probably go into great detail re the section near Buffalo, ny, that still operates leisure barge tours
think I fixed it. I think my post being off kilter left Janet`s post off kilter too.....no idea what happened with that.....sorted it now......thanks.......I never go back and look at posts again....well, hardly ever......
with all flurry of editing here, no wonder things have gotten wonky

When is Keisha going to make a batch of rolls for us homies?

Now I want a roll!

Today it’s 70 here right now
Tomorrow the bottom could fall out.

We don’t normally get weather like this at the end of November.

Wish I could say I am in the blonde club like schumi, Keisha and Lynne.
Have not had a color job in a long time
Wearing a hat helps hide my hair.

Ok here’s the rolls Not a fan of that sickening sweet glaze, more butter makes it better lol Bottom gets naturally caramelized. I flip mine over, the mr prefers his on bottom.
View attachment 539744

RF ok it was you who made sausage cheddar rolls (whatever those are sound good) & got hair done?

🤔

song most school kids learn here when learning about the canal system in place here before autos

still a few around. Patty who used to post here could probably go into great detail re the section near Buffalo, ny, that still operates leisure barge tours

with all flurry of editing here, no wonder things have gotten wonky

Isn`t that the truth!!

They look fabulous!!! And yes, plenty to share around ::yes:: I`d go for the butter too.....it`s always better with butter!

I think it was snowpack made the sausage cheese balls and had hair done......I make sausage rolls.....sausage meat flavoured with what ever and lots of pepper.....encased in pastry and cut into small squares.......next time I make them I`ll post a picture. You`d like them!!!

Now I want a roll!

lol....you have lovely hair though........and yes, a hat helps on bad hair days......I have many of those in Orlando!!

That`s cool for you.......we`re down at 40F now.......guess you don`t want to trade weathers.......no?? :rotfl:

Dinner was good. Feeling very full right now and they enjoyed their flourless chocolate cake. It is a dish that doesn`t look aesthetically good, as it flops down into an almost flat cake, but my goodness it`s rich. So, they had dessert of sorts....I had a cup of tea. Wish I liked chocolate cake.

Found an old Columbo on tv right now I hadn`t seen before.......thought I`d seen them all. Will see the end of that then we`ll find a movie to watch.

Lovely pictures Lynne.
No Keisha I’m UK too no salons open here so not me having a pamper.
Thanks Mac and others I am going to google US canal system. Will add some to our list of places to visit.......one day!
Everyone full from nice roast dinner & dessert and bath time for L, dishwasher on and we have tv on and watching game show J likes. Movie when he goes for his shower.
Peaceful evening to all x

I’m off to find a gift for stepson and partner in preparation for their first baby due
sweet. Something to look forward to. J has hyper mobility issues? Both DH oldest and our oldest together have that: Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. Alysa (my oldest) also has POTS.years of being followed by pedi cardiologist to find out why she randomly passes out-once we discovered DH’s oldest a couple years ago she is the one who suggested these diagnosis. And it fits. Trying to get a formal medical diagnosis but only a couple places in USA can actually do diagnosis.
Rolls look so good!
Disney springs for lunch and shopping. On our way to get UCF kiddo and Universal tonight.
drinks at Jock Lindsay’s hangar bar (my fave bedtime story). Santa and the Mrs floated by. And quick stop in Amorettes...

Attachments

• BC0903ED-1E86-44AE-ACD2-F78695E79E0E.jpeg
    BC0903ED-1E86-44AE-ACD2-F78695E79E0E.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 8DBB1F0A-CD30-445A-B3B3-FE4099437B74.jpeg
    8DBB1F0A-CD30-445A-B3B3-FE4099437B74.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 8
  • 098DD530-F4D2-4DE6-8430-CDF98CE77825.jpeg
    098DD530-F4D2-4DE6-8430-CDF98CE77825.jpeg
    65 KB · Views: 8
  • 3A020643-1D6C-4050-B210-F4AE33B61FC0.jpeg
    3A020643-1D6C-4050-B210-F4AE33B61FC0.jpeg
    84.1 KB · Views: 8
  • FFFFF60B-65D0-411E-ACD1-F910D89E9BB5.jpeg
    FFFFF60B-65D0-411E-ACD1-F910D89E9BB5.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
@Monykalyn yes wonderful pictures - oh to be there! Warm too I guess? Enjoy your evening.

J has numerous challenges - dyspraxia, hypermobility - Ehlers-Danlos has been mentioned but not officially diagnosed - bowel problems that have required surgery and sensory processing disorder. Having said that he’s an absolute angel, highly intelligent and (as many on the spectrum) fantastic memory on those things he loves - eg Disney and Pixar movies, James Bond and recently on to the Marvel and other superheroes. It is appreciated when others share their knowledge so thank you for saying about your daughter.

Happy Sunday. It has been a lazy one here. I did a tiny bit of shopping today. I now have everything I need for Thanksgiving except the apples for the pie. I will get those on Tuesday or Wednesday.
I've got 3 more days to get through and then I don't go back to work until December 7. I'm not sure if i will work a full day on Wednesday or not. I guess it depends on how much I get done Monday and Tuesday. My boss wants me to leave detailed notes about how to do my job. This includes how to navigate some of the insurance websites we use.

Hope there hasn’t been any nastiness on here. Haven’t seen any but can easily miss posts when busy. Hugs if affected.
I've been completely oblivious too. I guess that's a good thing. This is probably the nicest message board I've posted on. We had some crazies on my Girl Scout Board and dance moms (no relation to the TV show) board.

BBQ food is so much better in Florida than we can do in the UK....we do ok, but oh goodness had some gorgeous stuff down there. But, if you don`t like it. Good thing about Florida is there are plenty of other choices.......
One of the big things I miss about living in Miami is the variety of food. You can find almost anything there. Kind of like NYC.

Don’t worry, both kids do their own wash most of the time, but I don’t mind doing it
When B went to college I had several people tell me that she would be bringing laundry home. I just told them that she knew where the washer and dryer were.

If salons shut down again I think I will just let my hair grow until they open back up. I usually spend less than an hour at the salon, but I don't have my hair colored there.

70875BEF-169E-44D6-84F5-35FF2504B643.jpeg
Another pretty picture. I'm sure we have canals around here somewhere, I just don't know exactly where.

I still have not mastered posting pictures....
Are your pictures on an iPhone? If so, posting is really easy.

Yum! I like a cream cheese icing on mine.

Great. Now, I'll have that song stuck in my head for the rest of the night.

Zoo to you. Most were taking a nap:
Great pictures. I love the big cats. I think we might go to Zoo Atlanta next week.

Disney springs for lunch and shopping. On our way to get UCF kiddo and Universal tonight.
I am so ready for some Disney treats. 181 days to go.....

Thinking about what to do for supper. We will probably end up at McAlister's. It has become our Sunday night go to place.

Made some chicken with black beans, little one had rice, and made my own salsa. Burrito made by older one. Little one made hers into a bowl meal, and me, just made it a taco. Dinner served. Trash out. Now relaxing, with some tea and alarm ready. Little one smile, as no need to get up early this week, she has off all week. Older one and I have to be up early for the next 3 days. Did take Friday off, as why not? Four day weekend? Yay!

I am so lucky, even with some scary health issues with little one when she was born, and older one getting rsv as a baby, and by age 3, asthma and an allergy, I have normal, active adult kids. Poor older one has never outgrown the asthma or the allergy, but never stopped him from sports. And over the years, learned which medicine works and what doesn’t.

And yeah, no remote for me. Games marked down enough for older one to buy a few new ones today. But that is okay, have a smaller screen to keep me company.

And yeah,
1AFE9651-7DD1-4FF9-913B-FE89FF0AAFBE.jpeg

Oh well. May all the homies have a peaceful and happy Sunday evening.

Now I want a roll!

ur roots are light. Blends well. Im mow going with baby high lights at roots. Can stretch it out longer
sweet. Something to look forward to. J has hyper mobility issues? Both DH oldest and our oldest together have that: Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. Alysa (my oldest) also has POTS.years of being followed by pedi cardiologist to find out why she randomly passes out-once we discovered DH’s oldest a couple years ago she is the one who suggested these diagnosis. And it fits. Trying to get a formal medical diagnosis but only a couple places in USA can actually do diagnosis.
Rolls look so good!
drinks at Jock Lindsay’s hangar bar (my fave bedtime story). Santa and the Mrs floated by. And quick stop in Amorettes...
That condition sounds scary.

Shamefully, we killed a pan of rolls already eeek. Found some nice rib steaks in bottom of freezer & made a, ahem, healthy salad

Never stopped at Jock’s always looks hopping, your pics are great.

Hall of Tasty, I’m joining in Keisha. Those cinnamon buns looked delicious. We stopped at a Yum Yum donut shop. Yeah, took all my will not to eat the two donuts I bought. Did eat the chocolate thunder one. Saved the boston cream one for with my tea tomorrow. Hope the plastic bag I put it in keeps it fresh, and hid in back of refrigerator, hoping no one gets to it before me.

And dark out, with rain to fall asleep with. Thus, light for those sneaking that other pan of cinnamon buns, or other sweet.
816E38BC-9ED7-48E8-8729-AD78D018C22F.gif

Still need that light. Woke up to rain around 3 this morning. Loud at times, but ended as I went back to sleep. Up just before alarm, freshened up, and back to that week day routine, including my so lovely tea.

779E8EA3-0F1D-4C01-BCE1-F1DAC526FC67.jpeg
Oh yes, And it feels like the Monday it is.

Ooh, it’s loudly raining again. Going for that second cup of tea. Yep.

So, a hearty good morning to all the homies. A Most Marvelous Monday to you all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!