Something Isn't Adding Up...

kurt90

Disney addict since 1990!
Have you ever noticed that when you go to book a Disneyland trip online at disneyland.com, the prices do not add up to the final price?

The website says that the total price is $1920.08.

4 nights at the Disneyland Hotel = $1265 (4 x 316.25) <-- tax included
4 3day Park Hopper Tickets = $596 (4 x 149) <-- no tax?
Plus the resort rom fee which is $11.50/night = $46

Total: $1907.00

It just doesn't make sense! Am I missing something? :confused3

I think my tally came out right when I booked through them, but I subsequently found out that they charged more for character meals as part of the package than if I had paid for them as we walked in the restaurant! :confused3

We had to cancel that trip, but when I re-booked for September, I changed a WHOLE LOT of things, most of which were tips from the DIS folks. :sunny:

Call Disney Travel and ask about it.

Where are you getting the prices you are comparing? Are you trying to compare the standard rack rates and the package or are you seeing different prices between screens on a package?

I called Disneyland and talked to someone. They said I was right that it didn't add up properly but then he said it is because you actually ARE paying for the benefits like preferred seating and the Toontown event (about $15/person).

Oh well, we're finally booked to go to DL as of 10 minutes ago!

Did you book yours as a WDTC package? When I asked for the breakdown of my package, I was also advised of the $10 delivery fee and $3.00 for the pin and lanyard.

I guess so? We booked it through Costco Travel, and its the Resort Magic Package.

they never told me I was paying for the things like apin and lanyard. I wouldn't have paid anything for that and would have asked for it to be removed for the savings. I thought it was just part of the lump fee.

The CM I talked to wouldn't even break it down when I asked. He said "its hard to do that when its a package that includes so much". I thought, Is this guy serious?

It is pretty ridiculous. We also asked if they could break it down for us and they said that the only numbers they get is the final price, so in other words, no. In this case I dont mind paying extra for these things because my family collects pins, and also we're getting over $120 in extra savings by booking through costco. But, if I were booking through disneyland.com it would be better to book everything seperatly!

Maybe the reason I was able to get a breakdown was that I originally booked a "Passport Plus Program", which is everything but hotel. I had the park hoppers, dining program, and transfers (and pin & lanyard and delivery fee). I changed to a "Resort Magic Package" when the 4th Night Free promotion came out. I kept all of the original components of my "Passport Plus".

kurt90 said:
But, if I were booking through disneyland.com it would be better to book everything seperatly!

Not really. You are getting a lot for your $13. Aside from the costco bonuses you are getting: The ease of booking with one person, rather then buying tickets (and probably paying shipping), booking the hotel, etc. YOu are also getting the coupon book. It has some good coupons in it. Even if you only use a couple you could make up the $13. There is $5 off at build a bear (a must visit for my family). Free scoop of popcorn with a popcorn bucket purchase. 10% at most places in downtown Disney. A upgrade at club libby lu. And a bunch of other things I dont remember! You also get Toon Town morning madness. If you dont use the tickets you can sell them on ebay for a min. of $10 each0 but I recomend you use them! Priority seating for shows in DCA. Luggage tags for each person in your party. A lanyard (great for holding fastpasses) and a trading pin. We give our pins to the kids and let them trade them.

Oh, and our last two trips we have gotten a neat reproduction of the original park map. Its the one they gave out last year on the 50th birthday in July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter