Song Airlines

Julma

Mouseketeer
I have been reading about people having issues with "Song". So, I looked into my own reservations for June 27th and July 5th out of Boston, last week. Flight number changes and seat changes only, not bad. However, I did have to make the call and ask that tickets be re-issued. Today I read again about "Song", so I check again. One of my flights is no longer listed. I called and spoke to an answering system that was the most annoying one I have ever heard (and that is saying something). I have been moved to a flight 3 hours earlier on departure day. Again, not the worst thing that can happen. We were going to spend the day at Kennedy, but we will be tired and ready to go home. My real issue is why am I having to do all the work. Don't they realize they are messing with "their customer's" travel plans and they are a big part of those plans. Be aware all you "Song" passengers, stay on top of this.

You should have been notified, and probably would have been eventually. Like most airlines, Delta & Song adjusted both their international and domestic schedules in light of the war in Iraq. Recently they announced that most of the schedule will be restored as of June. So, yes, there have been and will be schedule changes. You can always check your own itinerary on a regular basis on any of the airline's websites.

I know your pain. My flight down to orlando for my honeymoon have now been canceled and I was put on a flight 4 hours later. I now loose 4 hours at the parks that I had planned. This isn't until September, but no one has called me.

I keep checking my Song flights everyday...so far, so good...still arriving at MCO at 10:08 am.

The price changed dramatically, however....we paid $135 pp R/T and now the same flight is up to $445 pp!!!!

MJ

It's NOT just Song Airlines changing itineraries. American just changed our flight plans for the 3rd time since I booked in Nov 02! This time the change was big though, all flight numbers are different and we are now leaving to come home 3 hrs earlier than planned. Also on our one stop to change planes, we have 40 minutes to switch! I asked the agent if this was enough time to run thru the airport and she said the computer wouldn't have done it if it wasn't....how would a computer know the size of the airport!! They never called me I found out on line when I checked my reservation. They said I had to call to reconfirm though and that they would not call me since it's 2 mos away because things could still change. The only consolation is that if the changes are good for us, I can change my flight w/ them or get a refund at no extra charge BUT only before I confirm the changes..otherwise they charge. They've got us now leaving MCO to come home at 12:40 but if it gets any earlier, it may be cutting it too close from getting off the ship, etc. Very frustrating and annoying. I just hope they don't make changes while we're on the cruise and only find out about it when we arrive at the airport....OR miss the flight!

When I called Song the first time, the operator asked me if there was a number I could be reached at while I was in Orlando. I thought this was very strange. I now have put it together, they may change the flight while I am away. Way too much for a "percise planner" to even think about.

Typical Delta customer service. That is why I know stick with Southwest. So they don't issue me a seat. We are a family of four and we have never had a problem sitting together, 2 of us in sit together in 2 rows.

Julma....actually an airline asking for a number where your flight flies into is not uncommon. Every time we fly Continental we are asked for a contact number in Florida.

MJ

mmouse I was just going to say the same thing.
Also Delta generally doesn't notify you of changes until 60 days out so I would assume Song is the same. They said the reason is the flight can change several times before the flight so they wait until it is closer to being final. (as per the reservationist-I don't have first hand knowledge about Delta)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter