Soul

Queen2PrincessG

DIS Veteran
Anyone else a bit worried about another movie with a person of color, who isn't going to be in their body for the majority of the movie? Like why is this always the storyline?

Not worried. It seems it’s the storyline in 2 movies. Can you name any others?

After the most recent trailer, I think we're going to see a lot more of Joe in real life (including flashbacks) than I originally thought. And not to play Devil's Advocate, but his soul does still look like him (as opposed to Tiana, who got turned into a whole other species).

I'm wondering when we're going to hear, "What is the deal with Pixar and Dead People!?" (Or near-dead people.) Land of the Dead, bring Dad back from the dead, souls going to the Great Beyond. I love Coco, liked Onward, looking forward to Soul. But I can hear parents griping that Pixar should be making lightweight entertainment for their preschoolers.

After the most recent trailer, I think we're going to see a lot more of Joe in real life (including flashbacks) than I originally thought. And not to play Devil's Advocate, but his soul does still look like him (as opposed to Tiana, who got turned into a whole other species).

I'm wondering when we're going to hear, "What is the deal with Pixar and Dead People!?" (Or near-dead people.) Land of the Dead, bring Dad back from the dead, souls going to the Great Beyond. I love Coco, liked Onward, looking forward to Soul. But I can hear parents griping that Pixar should be making lightweight entertainment for their preschoolers.
I can too because death, race, and sex are topics people really aren't comfortable talking about. Maybe that's partially Pixar's goal to make the conversation some people have a difficult time talking about easier.

I think it's a great way to introduce children to the concept of death, and even the significance of death in other cultures (when our world is used as the basis). I hope they do their diligence in Soul as they did in Coco.

But I will admit, I had wanted to see Onward - then my dad died two days before it came out and I decided that wasn't a great idea. Not sure if I'm ready for Soul yet, either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter