South Africa 2017 - Final Thoughts

Good to know! I think we would need to spend some pre-days in Barcelona as we have never been there. My son is the one who gets tired of too many museums/cathedrals vs. activity. He is 28 (not like he is a little kid), but I am trying to keep the whole family happy. I told him he could always go on the scavenger hunt with the junior adventurers. Ha, ha! Any other thoughts you have would be appreciated. Thank you!

Good to know! I think we would need to spend some pre-days in Barcelona as we have never been there. My son is the one who gets tired of too many museums/cathedrals vs. activity. He is 28 (not like he is a little kid), but I am trying to keep the whole family happy. I told him he could always go on the scavenger hunt with the junior adventurers. Ha, ha! Any other thoughts you have would be appreciated. Thank you!

The Prado Tour was about an hour. It was fascinating. The gentleman who was our step on guide was one of our best ever. At the very end, it was like he was unraveling the da Vinci code. Chills.

Thank you so much for posting such amazing pictures @Cousin Orville ! ABD is not in my family's budget, but I have been planning an OYO trip to the Greater Kruger area in South Africa for a couple of years now. I'm working on saving up the money now, but it's been difficult with two kids in college. I want to go in July 2019 right after my oldest graduates as he'll be starting his career and won't be able to join us after that. My shoe string budget doesn't include Cape Town or Victoria Falls, but we'll get to spend 12 days in SA - 7 in a self catering chalet (timeshare) in Hazyview with game drives into the southern end of Kruger Park, 2 nights at a SANParks tent camp in middle Kruger and 2 nights at an all inclusive safari camp in Timbavti Reserve, plus a night or two before and after our flights in Johannesburg.

Your beautiful photos have motivated me to step up my savings, so I can make my trip happen!!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter