Southwest Airfare for the Fall

Jersey Brian

Earning My Ears
Not sure where to post this, but, if you are planning on going in the Fall and you are flying from Philly, I just booked flights for $100 each way on Southwest Airlines.... great deal and bags are included.

I happened to book my travel this morning on Southwest from Philly before reading this and observed the same thing Brian did...many flights at $100 each way. Some of them are already gone, so if you're thinking about it, now might be a good time.

I happened to book my travel this morning on Southwest from Philly before reading this and observed the same thing Brian did...many flights at $100 each way. Some of them are already gone, so if you're thinking about it, now might be a good time.

Replying to myself...that's for sure. The flights I booked a couple hours ago at $100 are now $176 and $201.

What and the heck is going on? I booked flights down this am at $139, went back to book my uncle and it’s now $409??? Then the flights back are all over $400, in August! This makes no sense.

Not sure where to post this, but, if you are planning on going in the Fall and you are flying from Philly, I just booked flights for $100 each way on Southwest Airlines.... great deal and bags are included.

I noticed that. Our window opens March 8 but this morning I got on and punched in the last Thurs to the second Sat to mimic our Oct 18 - 27 trip and for wifey and I round trip we'd pay $399.90 in total. As for fares going up quickly, a few years back I got on as soon as they came out and chose our dates and times but by the time I got to check out they were gone, already increased.

Bill From PA

What and the heck is going on? I booked flights down this am at $139, went back to book my uncle and it’s now $409??? Then the flights back are all over $400, in August! This makes no sense.

Same here. Told a friend so he could book his trip and prices went up , a lot! Both out of BWI and PHL....in a matter of hours? Crazy. Hopefully a fluke.

Not every seat is available for that low price. What likely happened you lucked out because someone else who had the lower fare class cancelled their ticket and opened up a couple seats at that price. Those seats sold, so now the lowest available fare class is that higher fare. They'll have another major fare sale before August, so just keep an eye out.

We always fly out of BWI on SW. Thanks for the info. Only a few weeks to go.
I will feel better once our airfare is booked. Then onto ADRs the middle of May.

Nabbed 4 seats on Southwest this morning as well for our September trip .
BWI to MCO nonstop , $64. PP . I booked on SW points which were approx. 3300 points PP ! Haven't seen prices like that in a long time ! :cool1:

Still have to book the return trip MCO to BWI . Lowest so far is $124. PP . Holding off to see if they come down a bit.

Nabbed 4 seats on Southwest this morning as well for our September trip .
BWI to MCO nonstop , $64. PP . I booked on SW points which were approx. 3300 points PP ! Haven't seen prices like that in a long time ! :cool1:

Still have to book the return trip MCO to BWI . Lowest so far is $124. PP . Holding off to see if they come down a bit.

Very jealous. We have an early morning flight at $99 - everything else is 134 + and all with stops. For the last 20 years, we had direct flights - in May, we had the same schedule we've had for years. Times are a changing

Very jealous. We have an early morning flight at $99 - everything else is 134 + and all with stops. For the last 20 years, we had direct flights - in May, we had the same schedule we've had for years. Times are a changing

Yes, luckily for us BWI is a major Southwest hub .
I guess Luckily is not the right word for us though .......prices are usually reasonable , and flights are plentiful with lots of non stops out of BWI . "Un"luckily for us, BWi is also 3 hours away from our house ! It takes us longer to drive to the airport than it does to fly to Florida . :faint:

Ahhh, one of the joys of living in Central PA !

Our $64. flights are also early morning . around 8am .
Our flight in 2 weeks is also early .....6am ! Couple that, with a 3hour ride to the airport !!! :scared1:
It going to be a l-o-n-g day ! Figure we have to leave the house about 1-1:30 am for a 6am flight !

I guess Luckily is not the right word for us though .......prices are usually reasonable , and flights are plentiful with lots of non stops out of BWI . "Un"luckily for us, BWi is also 3 hours away from our house ! It takes us longer to drive to the airport than it does to fly to Florida . :faint:

Our flight in 2 weeks is also early .....6am ! Couple that, with a 3hour ride to the airport !!! :scared1:

THREE hours?? OMG I can drive to the airport in 30 mins from home - literally, I can walk from work. If they bring back our old schedule, I promise to take the long way to airport to make it more fair. :car:

Just booked our Labor Day trip this morning. Pittsburgh to MCO nonstop $90 each way! Woo hoo Yacht Club here we come :cool1:

Why are some flights such a great deal, and others just so so sucky?? Flights from Grand Rapids, MI for our dates are $294 EACH WAY. Whaaaa???

It going to be a l-o-n-g day ! Figure we have to leave the house about 1-1:30 am for a 6am flight !

We do the same...last two years it was cheaper for us to drive to BWI and stay over night (for that 6 am flight!!) then to fly out of PHL. Better prices and schedule out of BWI!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts