Southwest first timer??

DebraK

Earning My Ears
Hi,
I have read all the recent Southwest posts about the seating
assignment deal.My question is ....Can one member of your family line up
and get seating numbers for the whole group? Could my husband wait in line while i keep
the kids(9&12) occupied and get our numbers for us? Thanks,Debbie-Indiana

My recent experience at TFGreen in Providence and MCO says no. I was in line and all those traveling with me had to be there as I picked up my boarding pass. In fact, they would put the boarding pass aside to keep it in sequence but my other passengers had to be in sight or with me before the gate agent would give the boarding passes to me.

In PVD, they had to stand up and wave when I called over to them. In MCO, DD was in the bathroom with someone we were traveling with and the gate person would not release the passes (even though I had all the IDs) until they came to the counter. She just put them aside with the tickets until they physically appeared at the desk.

I haven't flown since 9/11 but when I did fly SWA they gave me all the boarding passes. I did have the family sit close by so if they need to see them, they could.
To be safe I would sit close to the checkin area and then if they need you to come up you can without waiting in line!
I hope this helps.
Laura :)

In our experience, Southwest always wants to check the ID's of everyone in the group; and will then give out the boarding cards. You may want to wait until the one person gets close to the counter and then bring up the group, but I don't think they'll let one person get all the passes without verification.

I haven't flown on Southwest since Sept. 11, but I have flown out of Indianapolis several times on Southwest. When we checked our baggage in, they would check ID's and stamp our confirmation letter. When I got to the gate I picked-up all the boarding passes by myself by showing the confirmation letter that was stamped. Since 9-11 things may have changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter