Southwest having your boarding pass on your iPhone can this be done?

I've had it sent to me when I checked in. I never tried it directly from the app.

I've had to send it to my Apple Wallet, or to me ivia email, and then print it out. When I check in, it shows the bp, and then gives me options for delivery...if I'm remembering correctly.

When you check in there should be an option to send via text which then should allow you to save it as a pictures as one option being available--I'm assuming that's around the same process for an iPhone as is for an android. My husband has done this countless times. We haven't had a physical ticket in a few years-we just use our phone.

You can't if you have more than 1 person on your check in. Their process only gives electronic boarding passes if you have a single person in your party. It has something to do with everyone having their own Rapid Rewards account, or not. I know in my group everyone does not (I know, lets just leave it at they do not) and for that reason, we can not use mobile boarding at all, even me, who does have RR

see 3rd and 5th questions
https://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/faqs.html?topic=mobile
And see here
https://www.southwestaircommunity.c...One-Itinerary-Mobile-Boarding-Pass/td-p/53415

ETA - can I say I'm still very disappointed that SWA has chosen to be the airline that is not supporting their app on Applewatch at all. All the others make is so easy. SWA still makes things so hard. Their boarding process isn't going to be what pushes me away, it's their lack of bag tracking and poor app support that does it.

Last edited:

definitely save it to your wallet. On our trip in May I didn't and then somehow deleted the boarding pass image. I then couldn't get it again because it was too close to boarding time and I had to get the gate agent to print me my pass. Felt like a dumb ***. haha

When you check in there should be an option to send via text which then should allow you to save it as a pictures as one option being available--I'm assuming that's around the same process for an iPhone as is for an android. My husband has done this countless times. We haven't had a physical ticket in a few years-we just use our phone.

When I travel alone, I do this. I get the text with my boarding pass, and take a screen shot and use the photo screen shot on my iphone as my boarding pass.

When I travel with my whole family, I just print the boarding passes either at home or at the airport. We travel with one confirmation number for all our tickets. I haven't been able to figure out another way to do it for the group.

When I travel alone, I do this. I get the text with my boarding pass, and take a screen shot and use the photo screen shot on my iphone as my boarding pass.

When I travel with my whole family, I just print the boarding passes either at home or at the airport. We travel with one confirmation number for all our tickets. I haven't been able to figure out another way to do it for the group.
Of course. I'm just relaying information. The OP never said if they were traveling as one person or a group of people with multiple confirmation numbers-so as to the original question, which was simply where can I find my boarding pass on the app, I explained that you can.

I never use phone boarding passes. Too many times I'm at an airport where I cannot get good signal. Tired of struggling to pull up a pass. I just print it from home, hotel (Disney resort and most other hotels will print them for you) or use a kiosk at airport.

We just get ours from the folks who check in our bags. If I haven't printed them at home. Normally, going down I have. But going home, I let either RAC or the curbside folks do it. I know some have said the RAC passes won't scan for TSA but we've not had problem.

I never use phone boarding passes. Too many times I'm at an airport where I cannot get good signal. Tired of struggling to pull up a pass. I just print it from home, hotel (Disney resort and most other hotels will print them for you) or use a kiosk at airport.
You don't need phone signal at all if you've sent your pass to your phone via text and save it to your photos. For instance on my android phone it goes to my Gallery and is pulled up just like you would any other photo.

Not trying to lean you towards that way just providing my experience.

You don't need phone signal at all if you've sent your pass to your phone via text and save it to your photos. For instance on my android phone it goes to my Gallery and is pulled up just like you would any other photo.

Not trying to lean you towards that way just providing my experience.

Or the Apple wallet for those of us with that. That doesn’t seem to rely on a connection since I’ve been able to pull things up while in airplane mode.

I usually print but I will take a screen shot on my phone as a backup.

You can check-in as usual without printing boarding passes until later. If there are multiple travelers on the same confirmation number/record locator, you will not be able to use a phone-based boarding pass. If you use RAC at the resort, they will print your boarding pass. I have not had any problems with these. If you check your luggage at the airport, you can print the boarding passes at the time you print out the luggage tags. If you have only carry-on luggage, you can print the boarding passes at the airport kiosks designated for travelers without bags. Those lines are generally very short at MCO. I have used all of these approaches without difficulty.

Just got an update to the Southwest app and the #1 thing the app says the update does is
You spoke, we listened
Logged in users on multi-passenger itineraries now have the ability to retrieve their own mobile boarding passes through our apps and mobile website.

Just got an update to the Southwest app and the #1 thing the app says the update does is
You spoke, we listened
Logged in users on multi-passenger itineraries now have the ability to retrieve their own mobile boarding passes through our apps and mobile website.
Finally. Now we can each add the boarding pass to our phone, since we are generally both in the same record locator unless we’ve booked on points as separate reservations.

You spoke, we listened

Just to make sure I understand, we flew June 3 and June 10. Family all on 1 reservation, but we each have RR numbers. We couldn’t get the boarding passes sent to our phones. We just printed them at the airport. But now we cane each have them sent to our phone even if we are all the same reservation? If so, that’s great news! Thanks for keeping us updated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!