Southwest - new release question

Usually fly from ISP but cheapest was $136 each way so I got EWR for $95 each way 8/26 -9/3. $759 total for 4 tickets! Saved $308! Worth the drive to NJ!!

nice at the $59 price, lucky!

Our one way to get home isn't terrible for myself and DD27 at $128/ which was about 15200 points but usually get closer to $90-100 / equivalent points. 3000 more points than we spend going down, hoping they drop sometime. Am disappointed they changed the flights times from the aug 6th to the 7th. we usually leave late on departure day but we only have choice of 6 pm or 10 pm and DD27 doesn't want that late 10 pm this time. On the 6th and prior days they had 7 and 9 something, not a lot difference but was counting on something more mid evening. I know they do change them sometimes, but hate seems so different when they change schedule times when you've been looking at other times, lol.

at least it was up pretty quick this time and not so late like last time the released the new schedule!

We got our tickets! $275 roundtrip for each of us from the Midwest. :cheer2: Now we need to find a room for the first night. Better than driving. :thumbsup2

I was thrown off by the limited non-stop departures out of PIT. We have always taken a mid-morning flight. This time, our only non-stop options were 6am, 3:05pm, or 6:50pm. Opted for the 6am flight. Prices were in line to where I thought they would be, $190 r/t--cheaper than last year.

I was thrown off by the limited non-stop departures out of PIT. We have always taken a mid-morning flight. This time, our only non-stop options were 6am, 3:05pm, or 6:50pm. Opted for the 6am flight. Prices were in line to where I thought they would be, $190 r/t--cheaper than last year.

PHL was bad too. Only two non stops most week days in Aug. Either first thing in the morning or last flight at night. BWI had more non stop options.

Snagged the $95 each way EWR/MCO for my August trip... excellent price!

Did same exact airports and prices for September.

Also had to book 7 tickets RT from NY to FLL for our August cruise on Allure and prices on all airlines have been over $400 not including bags. I was able to get $224 per person roundtrip from EWR-FLL and very happy with that price. It includes 3 EB for flight to FLL and 7 EB on way home from cruise.

Done and so happy I donr have to obsessively check any longer. Well Ill check if prices go down lol but way home they already went up.

Last edited:
Just booked tickets for our trip in September. I'm happy with the flight times and prices. I was hoping for a non stop flight but there were none out of Omaha for the dates I wanted.

Just booked tickets for our trip in September. I'm happy with the flight times and prices. I was hoping for a non stop flight but there were none out of Omaha for the dates I wanted.
We were in the same boat flying out of Omaha. We have to add a night at the Hyatt MCO as we are flying in the evening. Oh well, altogether still cheaper than the other airlines.

We were in the same boat flying out of Omaha. We have to add a night at the Hyatt MCO as we are flying in the evening. Oh well, altogether still cheaper than the other airlines.
Just booked MHT - MCO and MCO - MHT for August. Price was $144.00/ 8686 points for each leg. Booked in points, so if the price goes down, points will just go back into my account.

Our flights aren't until October but...UGH:crazy2:... yuck! If the scheduled times stay consistent, we should be OK, but the prices make me sick to my stomach...almost $300 one-way from Grand Rapids:headache::sad2:...and there are NO non-stops (I've given up on those) and half of the options have 2 stops. I just don't understand why it is so expensive to fly out of West Michigan:confused3. I looked at a Saturday in September and there is one option to come home (at 7am!) that is $134. Then there is one that is $249 and the rest are $294 or more! I can book a flight (for my exact date) on American right now, departing at 12:45pm and landing at 5:40pm for $154. Sure, I have to pay $25 for a checked bag but big deal. That is still half the price of Southwest! What's up with them? I thought they were supposed to be a discount airline? There is NEVER a deal out of Grand Rapids, or anywhere in Michigan...heck, I don't think they even fly out of FNT anymore. I'm still going to wait until they release the actual fares and schedule for my dates, but as of now, American has my business, at least for the trip back home.

We've done this before (stayed at Hyatt MCO) and we absolutely love it! Sometimes we fly down a day early just to have some relax time here before we hit Disney! Love swimming in the roof top pool at night and watching the planes land:-)

Booked at 7:00 this morning for our Sept trip from Buffalo. The price for the flight down literally went up from $109 to $133 as I was booking. :headache:Happy with the price though. $133 each way and non-stop. :-)

Our flights aren't until October but...UGH:crazy2:... yuck! If the scheduled times stay consistent, we should be OK, but the prices make me sick to my stomach...almost $300 one-way from Grand Rapids:headache::sad2:...and there are NO non-stops (I've given up on those) and half of the options have 2 stops. I just don't understand why it is so expensive to fly out of West Michigan:confused3. I looked at a Saturday in September and there is one option to come home (at 7am!) that is $134. Then there is one that is $249 and the rest are $294 or more! I can book a flight (for my exact date) on American right now, departing at 12:45pm and landing at 5:40pm for $154. Sure, I have to pay $25 for a checked bag but big deal. That is still half the price of Southwest! What's up with them? I thought they were supposed to be a discount airline? There is NEVER a deal out of Grand Rapids, or anywhere in Michigan...heck, I don't think they even fly out of FNT anymore. I'm still going to wait until they release the actual fares and schedule for my dates, but as of now, American has my business, at least for the trip back home.

As I typically always fly out of DTW, I feel your pain at times. Though, be patient and pay attention when the two big fare sales hit (one should be coming up in March or April). GRR is going to be a tough one to get really cheap fares just due to very little competition. And yes...FNT is gone and I'm shocked it survived as long as it did.

I'm satisfied. Got $136pp each way (ISP~MCO on Aug 18 / MCO~ISO on Sep 2). Thought I'd get a little better ($110-$120) going down, but coming back to ISP on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend, I was worried it would be over $200pp (both flights have already gone up to $159 from $136). Happy with the times also. I didn't have to book super early flights either way.

The importance of getting in early when they release the flights...

The flight down that we booked is now showing as sold out of WGA fares.

Our return flight is now up to $212 pp.

The importance of getting in early when they release the flights...

The flight down that we booked is now showing as sold out of WGA fares.

Our return flight is now up to $212 pp.

Just checked out of curiosity and our flight down is the same, but our return flight has gone up $36/person...$143 to $179!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter