Southwest - new release question

We were in the same boat flying out of Omaha. We have to add a night at the Hyatt MCO as we are flying in the evening. Oh well, altogether still cheaper than the other airlines.
Small world that you're flying out of Omaha too! Looks like we'll be down around the same time too!

This is only our second time flying with Southwest, but I was really happy with them on our last trip so decided to go with them again this time around. We were lucky and got 1 nonstop flight last time on the way down to Orlando, which was really helpful because our son was just 6 months old at the time. This time around he will be almost 3, just desperately hoping he won't be one of THOSE kids on the flight. Planning on bringing a boatload of entertainment to keep him busy ;)

Our flights aren't until October but...UGH:crazy2:... yuck! If the scheduled times stay consistent, we should be OK, but the prices make me sick to my stomach...almost $300 one-way from Grand Rapids:headache::sad2:...and there are NO non-stops (I've given up on those) and half of the options have 2 stops. I just don't understand why it is so expensive to fly out of West Michigan:confused3. I looked at a Saturday in September and there is one option to come home (at 7am!) that is $134. Then there is one that is $249 and the rest are $294 or more! I can book a flight (for my exact date) on American right now, departing at 12:45pm and landing at 5:40pm for $154. Sure, I have to pay $25 for a checked bag but big deal. That is still half the price of Southwest! What's up with them? I thought they were supposed to be a discount airline? There is NEVER a deal out of Grand Rapids, or anywhere in Michigan...heck, I don't think they even fly out of FNT anymore. I'm still going to wait until they release the actual fares and schedule for my dates, but as of now, American has my business, at least for the trip back home.

Ugh, seriously! We are looking at Aug 30-Sept 8. Prices are terrible. I guess I'll wait a bit and see if things improve!

Checked our flights to see if the price changed. Our flight down is sold out and the return flight went up $56 a ticket. Since there are 6 of us I'm so glad I booked when the window first opened.

Ugh, seriously! We are looking at Aug 30-Sept 8. Prices are terrible. I guess I'll wait a bit and see if things improve!
I've been watching the prices for the Friday and Saturday flights since those are the two days that we can choose from to fly and they have not fluctuated by very much. I want to know what my "basement" price will be. I thought it would be $150, but it's looking more like $175-$185 might be the lowest I will see. Yeesh! I just can't get over how expensive the flights are for September. I guess if we wanted to fly on a Tuesday (which we can't) we could pay $110 one-way, but hit a Fri-Sun and we are stuck with over $200 one-way....ouch!

Price was not great. Timing was not good on return flight. I thought I would be all set and save money, but no such luck.

Just an update, I went back to see when the major fare sale covering Fall was last year, and they actually did it the first week of June. This is the one tied to their "birthday". I was thinking it was March, but it must have been something else I was thinking of. The two major ones they do are the one in June and again in October. So there will be plenty of opportunities to grab lower air fares, if there is still availability, to either get a cheaper ticket right away or stock up on some travel funds for you next trip.

I got our three tickets (from DCA) for $558 this morning. It's a little earlier in the morning than I was hoping for, but I'm happy with the price. Just checked back and the prices have only increased slightly ($17/ticket) --but hey, it was worth some refreshing this morning to save the $50.

Booked this morning also...our $224 pp rt is now over $400 pp rt for the same flights. That is nuts for a one day swing 6 months out. It would be interesting to know how many seats on those flights were booked today alone.

I was thrown off by the limited non-stop departures out of PIT. We have always taken a mid-morning flight. This time, our only non-stop options were 6am, 3:05pm, or 6:50pm. Opted for the 6am flight. Prices were in line to where I thought they would be, $190 r/t--cheaper than last year.

Same experience. Went from a full day of direct flights to 2. One at 6 a.m. and one at 7 p.m. If I could be a 6 a.m. flier, I would also be a rope dropper instead I am a sleeper. Direct was actually cheapest. Will be a late night arrival.

My flight costs exactly the same today as it did yesterday (when the booking window opened). Before the booking window opened, I watched the flight the week before to get a sense of what the price would be; exact same. I don't think they change this one.

My flight costs exactly the same today as it did yesterday (when the booking window opened). Before the booking window opened, I watched the flight the week before to get a sense of what the price would be; exact same. I don't think they change this one.

My flight incl EB was $100 more as of early this am

I went in Thursday morning and priced the non-stops from PVD August 11-19 and it was $665 for two tickets round trip. I got busy with something at work and when I went back an hour later they were $715! So I bit the bullet and bought them.

I checked my flights last night and the flight down was sold out and the flight home was $200 more and only had two seats left!

Not the greatest prices but I am glad I booked my flights. I got the times i wanted and non-stops.

Usually fly from ISP but cheapest was $136 each way so I got EWR for $95 each way 8/26 -9/3. $759 total for 4 tickets! Saved $308! Worth the drive to NJ!!
Have you ever tried Frontier from ISP?

I scored flights this past November for $29 down and $31 back up to NY. They do charge additional for luggage, but even with that, it was something like $360 all-in for my family of 4 to fly round trip. (And we even got to choose our seats when purchasing.)

I hope you got one of the good fares! I didn't look this morning - everything reasonable is sold out. When did a Disney vacation become an all out camp out? ADRs. FP+s and now airfare.

We were fortunate! I just checked again and the Wanna Getaway fare class that I booked is sold out both ways. The remaining fares are very expensive, it seems to me. So glad I was able to jump on the computer early in the morning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter