souveniers - autograph book, ears, etc......

amyr

Earning My Ears
I'm not sure this is the board I should be posting this on, but I'm going to give it a try.

I was wondering about some of the items my kids will probably want since I received the same or similar when I was younger and went to WDW.
I was looking on some message boards and I can't remember which one, but they had gift baskets/souvenier (sp??) ideas. Some ordered through Gifts Of A Lifetime. I went to their site and my question is are there prices in line with what it would be in the parks? There are a couple of items that I think my kids would want such as:

1. Mickey Ears - 8.00 (approx)
2. Autograph Book - 6.88
3. Fat Pens - 3.54
4. GOH Badges - 7.50
5. Lanyards - 10.61

Now all of these prices, if I ordered them before our trip to make a surprise basket would have shipping charges on them. Should I wait until I get to the parks or is it a decent deal? I could always find less expensive items at a dollar store and make a gift bag for them upon arrival. Any help would be appreciated. I can't wait -- we are going in June and staying at ASMo. I talk about it everyday. My DH asked me just this evening what I would talk about after June!! LOL I told him I'd start planning our next trip.
:D

I don't know if those prices are completely inline with the parks but I do remember autograph books being around 6 0r 7 dollars. We are bringing plain ones that I paid a dollar for and I place Mickey stickers on each one and the childs name, they are really neat. Also, check your local Disney store for the fat pens I thought they were like 4 bucks. We are also bringing 3 fat pens purchased at the dollar store for a buck for all three. I know this sounds cheap but when they get home and throw them under the bed you;ll be glad you didn't pay more. This year I bought Extra Large Mickey duffles on wheels and I am filling them with items they will need, ex..splash balls and goggles for the pool, autograph pen and book, hats from the disney store clearance rack, sunglasses, fans that spray also from the disney store clearance rack($8 vs $16 in the park). Well I know that was long, but making your own surprise basket could be way cheaper....Plus the bags work as there luggage...115 more days til dis :D

Caribbean Beach 91
Off site 92
Off site Caribe Royale 97
All Sports 00
All Sports 01

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter