Spa day on departure day?

justme0729

DIS Veteran
My DH and I will be at Aulani in March and our flight home leaves at 6:05pm. I've read that the lounge you can use when you have checked out of your room is pretty busy. I'm thinking about booking us a spa treatment on the last day so that we can use the showers there and have a good place to relax before leaving for our flight home. Do you think this is a good idea or would it be better to do the spa at the beginning of the trip? We've never done massages before.

8:00-11:00- Pool/ Beach
11:00am- Use the outdoor hydrotherapy gardens
Noon- 50 minute treatment
1:00pm- Get ready to leave
2:00pm- Leave Aulani to drop off rental car and go to airport for 6:05 flight

My DH and I will be at Aulani in March and our flight home leaves at 6:05pm. I've read that the lounge you can use when you have checked out of your room is pretty busy. I'm thinking about booking us a spa treatment on the last day so that we can use the showers there and have a good place to relax before leaving for our flight home. Do you think this is a good idea or would it be better to do the spa at the beginning of the trip? We've never done massages before.

I think this is a great plan for your fly-out day! Most of the flights are red-eyes unless one is flying to the west coast of the mainland.

Nice thing about the spa option is you can truly relax and enjoy all the spa's fabulous amenities and they have very nice facilities to shower and get ready for your flight home. And you've never had massages? Oh my, you are in for a treat! :cutie:

I have recommended doing exactly what you propose to several people here. The spa locker room was not crowded at all when we were there, and the toiletries they provide are great. It also will relax you which is good ahead of dealing with travel stress and a long flight.

Also, I think your timeframe should be ok, but if its a weekday keep in mind that rush hour begins around 3pm. You should be just ahead of it. We gave ourselves about 4 hours to return the car and get to the airport and it was ample time, but it was earlier in the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter