Space Mountain back July 15th!!!!

dsnylndmom

Disneyland Addict
Disneyland’s Space Mountain Confirmed to Re-launch July 15th, 2005 :cool1:

http://www.miboards.com/forums/showthread.php?p=394095

Last May 5th, Disney announced that one of the exciting new offering that would be coming to the resort this year as part of the celebration of Disneyland’s 50th anniversary would be a refreshed Space Mountain. For the past year the guide maps to the park have shown that the attraction is “Relaunching in 2005”. Since Space Mountain shut down its boosters on April 10, 2003, park guests have been barraging the resort with questions about how long the attraction will take to rebuild and update for the 21st century.

Speculation by many had placed the possible reopen date as far out as November. Well today we finally have the answer to that much debated question. Thanks to intense efforts by Disneyland Resort Management and Walt Disney Imagineering, the original timelines for Space Mountain have been moved up far enough to have the ride reopen its doors on July 15th, 2005—in time to make sure guests arriving for the 50th anniversary celebration can blast off for uncharted galaxies during the resort’s biggest celebration weekend ever.

Ever since Space Mountain first opened its doors May 4, 1977, it has been a landmark for the park, and a favorite of many guests. When it returns this July, the track will have been completely rebuilt, a brand new fleet of newly designed rockets will be in place, with audio systems designed into each seat (rather than the old system which had been adapted for audio later on). That audio system will be blasting a new other-worldly soundtrack for space travelers on their journey, and the music will be synchronized not only to the course of the track through the mountain but also to the brand new and expanded show effects which will be showcased along the way. These include longer and expanded re-entry tunnels and a huge spinning meteor.

For more details as they are announced about this and other breaking stories about Disneyland’s 50th anniversary celebration, keep checking with MouseInfo. We will be updating this story over the weekend with many more details about the 50th celebration!

Hooray!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
It will be open for our trip in Oct! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I am finding more and more reasons to be there that weekend. I initially wanted to avoid the huge crowd, but now I'm feeling like I have to be there. The deal breaker will be if they offer a 50 hr party.

Yessssssss!!!!! This is the announcement I have been waiting for to finalize our plans to go in August! Time to break out the banana.... :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Hooray :cool1: I'm planning on being there the 17th of July for sure, but now I might go on the 15th too.

OH MY GOSH!! We are there from 7/13-7/15.... we might actually get on Space Mtn after all! Yipee!! (Although I imagine the lines on 7/15 will be atrocious!!) :cool1: ..............P

I am so excited I can't wait. :cool1: Im sure once I tell the sweetpea she will insist we go asap.

I love DL's SM! :love:

We're arriving on the 16th & my birthday is on the 17th! For the longest time the only roller coaster DH would ride was SM@WDW. Even he's been waiting to ride SM@DL. We were both disappointed that it wouldn't be open for the 50th. I can't wait to see the new changes.

Is there a chance it might be open even sooner? The reason I ask is because I have been checking the calender on the DL website for our trip in April and it used to show Space Mountain listed with the ride refurbishments. When I looked yesterday, it was not included.

YIPPEEE! We will be there July 20 - 23! I can't wait!!!!

pinnie

We'll miss it this time around, but I do believe it's an excellent reason to go back. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter