Space Mountain now has single-rider?

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
In one of the latest FreshBaked videos (at around 18:17), a CM comes into shot and says something about SM now having a single-rider option. Has anyone heard about this? I'm heading there tomorrow and would like to know before I get there so I don't use a FP on it. Thanks!

Rob

On a reddit thread, I believe, someone posted a picture of the single rider post for the ride and another user confirmed they had used the line that day.

I saw people talking about it on another site. They said it was being tested, so I don't know if it's still going on or if it was only for the weekend.

It’s in TESTING PHASE ONLY.

Basically they are testing to see if it’s worth keeping around. Currently it’s scheduled to go until Sunday but could stop at any time per a CM alive talked to.

My granddaughter and I were at Disneyland on November 16 - 20 and she enjoyed multiple rides on Space Mountain using the single rider line. I love Space Mountain but could not ride as often as she did! We were told they were testing the single rider line. She entered through the exit and seemed to get through the ride pretty quickly.

I thought SM always had single rider ~~ just not advertised
Maybe you're thinking of Indy? Or Matterhorn before they made it official? I've asked previously about single rider at Space and was told by the CMs at the attraction that there wasn't one.

Wow - would have loved that on my solo trip on Oct. 30th!

Wonder if it will be more like Radiator Springs - where it is built in/available all the time. (Or at least every time I have used it)

I was so disappointed with single rider at Indy, it was "not available" EVERY time I checked that day. The stand by was over an hour. I never realized that the Indy single rider was like that. I didn't get a FP because I thought I could use the single rider - Nope!

It’s in testing. You have to ask the CMs at the exit that are working the disability line for the slip of paper. You then go to the exit and take a left and then take a right at the first opening and then there were CMs to direct. It moved very quickly.

Maybe you're thinking of Indy? Or Matterhorn before they made it official? I've asked previously about single rider at Space and was told by the CMs at the attraction that there wasn't one.

I was thinking of rider swap b/c when we used to use it i was a single rider....lol!!!

I was there Saturday and the single rider line was 5 people long. I didn’t know the option was available, so I went solo with my Maxpass and probably waited double the time, or more :headache:

I saw them running it off and on during our visit this week. It seemed sporadic so we didn't make use of it. I hope it stays around so we can use it next trip

Can you decline a single rider? I’m always stuck going alone and I really would mind a stranger in this ride riding with me due to personal reasons...
I don't think so. I saw a guest get into quite an argument with a CM at RSR because she wanted a row to herself and wasn't letting the single riders load. On the other hand, RSR is a very busy ride, she was trying to block two single riders instead of one, and she was being incredibly rude about it. If you ask nicely and the single rider line isn't too long, who knows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter