"Spacecoast" day trip

ptrbryant

DIS Veteran
We're going to take a day off from the parks in the middle of our trip for a day at Cocoa Beach and the Spacecoast area (ds has never seen the Atlantic before!). DS is 7 and DH and I think 5 hours at the Kennedy Space Center would be overkill at this point...plus, we're hoping for a very low-key, low-cost day. Is there anything else "space-related" in the area that wouldn't be as intensive? Or any specific attraction of any kind that you'd recommend?
Thanks!
Karla B.

Actually, he might enjoy KSC...my DD loved it at age 8! But I do understand your desire for a "low cost" day. One of the fun things we did in the area was stop at a citrus grove. They let us sample all kinds of juices, and gave DD a bag and let her go out into the orchard and pick some oranges! You can't do that in Maine!!! I don't remember the name of the grove, but I suspect many of the citrus groves in the area let kids do this. It was fun, different, educational and basically free! There are also several nature trails in the area. We didn't do these, as I am VEEEERY squeamish about anything with fewer than two or more than 4 legs! DH and DD were disappointed, though.

Don't rule out KSC entirely...ther is also a separate astronaut museum/hall of fame just before you get to the KSC visitor's center. I don't know anything about it...maybe you can get info online?

Have fun!

Thanks! Those were just the kinds of ideas I was hoping for...don't have many citrus groves in KY, either!:cool:
Karla B.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter