Spaceship Earth refurb

TraderSamWDW

The Head Salesman
Think this will go as scheduled?

If they stick to the current timeline (I think they said 5/26) - and it does not LOOK like the parks are opening until at least 6/1, I am wondering if i have already experienced one of my favorite attractions in its current form for the last time. (I had a may trip planned with SE being a target)

Of do you think they may scrap it (the refurb) completely because of $$, postpone it, or scale it down to only structural?

Last edited:
I am also wondering the same thing. I was hoping to see it in April before the refurb when we were scheduled to visit. My own personal opinion is that it will be at least delayed if not scrapped altogether. Looking at the list of everything still to be done in EPCOT it seems like a "nice to have" compared to some of the other larger projects and may be close to the top of the list of things to scratch. Again that is just my personal opinion with absolutely no inside knowledge of anything.

I had not thought about this, but it would not surprise me to see construction re-start before the parks are re-opened. Construction is one of the things that has been allowed to continue in CA. Will that include SE? That I would say is less likely.

Unless the parks open very soon (not likely), I would expect the Spaceship Earth refurb to be postponed. With all the parks and cruiselines shut down, that is a huge money drain on the company. I would doubt they would start any new projects until the economy improves and they see their attendance back up.

Unless the parks open very soon (not likely), I would expect the Spaceship Earth refurb to be postponed. With all the parks and cruiselines shut down, that is a huge money drain on the company. I would doubt they would start any new projects until the economy improves and they see their attendance back up.
just reading another news site about the state of varies projects and funding. Since the star wars hotel is being defunded, I think it implies that the SE refurb will be as well. (Where are Guardians, Tron and Ratatouille will proceed)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!