Spielberg leaves Indiana Jones 5...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I respectfully disagree. I see Indy heading in the direction of the Bond/Batman franchises. In that scenario, every 3 or 4 movies we see a new Indy actor/director injecting new life into the character and franchise. Which is why I see moving on from Spielberg as a necessity. Sadly, its probably time to move on from Harrison Ford, too.

On a side note: I remember reading that Spielberg had little interest in any sort of Nazi plot following Schindler's List. Maybe LucasFilm is demanding that classic formula for this film.

Wether it is nazi's or not that is the most likely explanation. What Spielberg wanted to do with the next Indy was likely different then what disney wanted done and so be decided it was better to leave then not do what he wanted to do.

For the most part, I'm of the opinion I'd rather not see somebody else take over Indy after ford however I'll contradict myself and say I did enjoy young Indiana jones chronicles (except for the real young kid)

I nominate Timothy Olyphant as the next Indy.

Great sense of humor, incredibly charismatic and gorgeous!!! And he's 51 so he can still pull it off! :)

After thinking about it instead of right now recasting Indy in movies I think I'd rather Disney+ revive young Indiana jones chronicles. Would be a good fit for their demographic.

The original trilogy is very very dear to me (as in... Indy is a better character than Han, that's right I said it...) and I still watch them probably once a year, and I just don't know if that "feel" can really be replicated again. I don't want to see Indy become less present in the parks but I don't really want another film made at this point either.

OF COURSE Indy is a better character than Han. In every way. Han is a shallow character - while there's SO MUCH to Indy that we've not explored. I want more kid Indy, teenaged Indy, and college Indy!

I will never understand the hate for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, tbh. Supernatural elements are *always* in IJ movies and the alien story line is incredibly fitting for the time period that movie is set.

Haters gonna hate.

For anyone in doubt, this might be a blessing in disguise. Mangold is extremely talented. Spielberg is a legend no doubt, but aside from ‘Ready Player One’ in 2018 he hasn’t had anything noteworthy in a while.

For anyone in doubt, this might be a blessing in disguise. Mangold is extremely talented. Spielberg is a legend no doubt, but aside from ‘Ready Player One’ in 2018 he hasn’t had anything noteworthy in a while.
Half of the films he’s directed since Kingdom of the Crystal Skull have been best picture nominees. That’s somewhat noteworthy.

Half of the films he’s directed since Kingdom of the Crystal Skull have been best picture nominees. That’s somewhat noteworthy.

I agree, that is “somewhat” note worthy. Unfortunately the only movies that actually won anything were Bridge of Spies for best supporting actor and Lincoln for Daniel Day-Lewis’ performance. Kudos to him for the nominations though.

Back to my original point, Mangold is phenomenally talented and has done well embracing more modern audiences. We’re in good hands either way.

I will never understand the hate for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, tbh. Supernatural elements are *always* in IJ movies and the alien story line is incredibly fitting for the time period that movie is set.

Haters gonna hate.
maybe because the film was just bad from start to finish? I loved the 1st and 3rd. Not a big fan of the 2nd. Terribly disapointed in the 4th. It really didn't fit in with the others.
Supernatural elements are in the other films, but not aliens. That's too much Close Encounter of the Third kind.

maybe because the film was just bad from start to finish? I loved the 1st and 3rd. Not a big fan of the 2nd. Terribly disapointed in the 4th. It really didn't fit in with the others.
Supernatural elements are in the other films, but not aliens. That's too much Close Encounter of the Third kind.

That's your opinion and that's fine. Not trying to change your mind, but I don't even find it to be a bad film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter