Spin Bike recommendations

DawnM

DIS Veteran
I had no idea there were so many options out there. DH's coworker has a Peloton but I really don't want to spend $2500 on a bike and $40/mo. on a streaming service.

And part of the problem is that it is hard to find a place to try them out. Each are at different stores, NOT near me, in varying directions, and I just don't have time to go on the hunt.

Budget is $1000 or less, preferably with a bluetooth feature, although I am not sure if that makes a difference (streaming apps for spin......do they do something different with bluetooth than they do just streaming in general?)

"School me" on some options, what you like, etc.....

By the way, I have an arthritic knee and spin bikes were recommended to me. It wasn't an issue until about a year ago. #gettingoldsucks

Take a look at Zwift, as that's the direction a lot of the manufacturers are looking to support in the future, and you might get more bang for your buck if you pick a device that will work with it, even if it's via cheap add on hardware to do the back and forth communication between the device and Zwift. It's essentially like riding your stationary bike in a virtual place with people from all over the world, and includes organized events, chat, built in or customizable workouts, and some pretty neat courses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts