Spirit Airlines changes for upcoming flights

Leigh L

DIS Veteran
If anyone is flying Spirit over the next couple of months, double-check your flights. My early April flight (not a Disney trip) was moved from a 5:45 p.m. to a 5:15 a.m. I wasn't notified, only discovered it when I had logged into my account to see what my options were for changing since the trip is coming up and there is no way things will settle down by that time.

Looking at options for June and beyond, many flights on this route were eliminated (not unexpected, but I had hoped they'd notify of any changes), so chances are it's across the board.
This is my first time booked with them so I'm not real familiar with their processes though!

With the amount of changes that all airlines are going through I am sure two things are happening and are both related.
1.) They are behind on notifying in the usual time frame but that's because of
2.) They are trying to only deal with people who have travel in the next week or so.

I saw an article today that said at this time Spirit is planning only a 5% reduction in flights. For a lot of airlines it's much more than that.

Hope it works out for you.

With the amount of changes that all airlines are going through I am sure two things are happening and are both related.
1.) They are behind on notifying in the usual time frame but that's because of
2.) They are trying to only deal with people who have travel in the next week or so.

I saw an article today that said at this time Spirit is planning only a 5% reduction in flights. For a lot of airlines it's much more than that.

Hope it works out for you.
Thank you! That makes sense since mine is probably not a high in-demand route since it's from Minneapolis to DC, so could prob easily fall in that 5%.

I've had trouble since my original booking with communication from them so I (perhaps wrongly) assumed they aren't sending notifications. I had to jump through hoops to get them to send me a confirmation email when I booked since one never arrived automatically for either of my two purchases (and since I get every other type of email from them, it's definitely not on my end).

Hopefully, the airlines will come through this OK. And all other businesses too.

I've had trouble since my original booking with communication from them so I (perhaps wrongly) assumed they aren't sending notifications. I had to jump through hoops to get them to send me a confirmation email when I booked since one never arrived automatically for either of my two purchases (and since I get every other type of email from them, it's definitely not on my end).

Hopefully, the airlines will come through this OK. And all other businesses too.

Spirit is not know for their customer service.

I did ultimately get a message from Spirit letting me know of the flight change (which even without COVID-19, I couldn't have made that new flight).

Despite my earlier communication problems with them, I have to say they processed my credits rather quickly. I even got a message just prior to receiving the credit from a customer service rep letting me know he received my request and my credit would be on the way and to message back if I had any questions in the meantime.

Didn't expect it to get processed that quickly!

Ours got changed from May 5th at 2:30 pm to May 4th, arriving 12:00 am (midnight!). Of course our rental home is occupied the day before. Guess we're sleeping in the minivan lol.

Ours got changed from May 5th at 2:30 pm to May 4th, arriving 12:00 am (midnight!). Of course our rental home is occupied the day before. Guess we're sleeping in the minivan lol.
Did they notify you? (that's an awful change!)

I did ultimately get a message from Spirit letting me know of the flight change (which even without COVID-19, I couldn't have made that new flight).

Despite my earlier communication problems with them, I have to say they processed my credits rather quickly. I even got a message just prior to receiving the credit from a customer service rep letting me know he received my request and my credit would be on the way and to message back if I had any questions in the meantime.

Didn't expect it to get processed that quickly!

We were due to travel on Spirit March 18-21st. On Friday March 6th I requested the "COVID-19" credit. No response. On Friday March 13th I put in two additioal requests...I did get an email a few days later...but since then nothing about my credit being processed.

I'm still waiting.

We were due to travel on Spirit March 18-21st. On Friday March 6th I requested the "COVID-19" credit. No response. On Friday March 13th I put in two additioal requests...I did get an email a few days later...but since then nothing about my credit being processed.

I'm still waiting.
Oh no. I sure hope you hear something soon. That seems to be an awfully long time. Both of your requests pre-date mine, I think I requested the credit shortly after I started this thread on 3/18.

We had to reschedule our May trip to September and I just happened to check my flights and Spirit CHANGED THE DAYS. 9/9 to 9/16 is now 9/10 to 9/17. Check your flights. I didn't get any notification at all.

We had to reschedule our May trip to September and I just happened to check my flights and Spirit CHANGED THE DAYS. 9/9 to 9/16 is now 9/10 to 9/17. Check your flights. I didn't get any notification at all.
Seriously? Going to guess they don’t have flights to MCO daily from that market but still...

Are you able to do the new dates? I'm so sorry this happened to you!

Same thing happen to me! Looks like no flight on Tuesday & Wednesday, and no AM flights, only 1 per day!

We changed our dates to Nov and now spirit took 50k more miles and charged us $75. No clue where that came from since I made sure it was on 2,500 mile days. Still trying to fix and have spent hours on hold. Now I’m scared they’re gonna change our Nov flights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter