split ressies and UPH

RuthAnne123

Mouseketeer
Do you absolutely have to have two different Ultimate Park Hoppers when staying at more than one Disney Resort during your stay?

We will stay at CBR then CSR. I figured it up and it is more expensive when you pay for two separate hoppers that way.

If you have your reservation numbers why can't CRO just add a UPH for the entire length of your stay? Has anyone done this before?

I originally asked them to put the whole thing under one number and they said they would but didn't and now say they can't. So, I am thinking of redoing the whole thing if I don't have to get more than one UPH ----it seems like a pain in addition to costing more.

Thanks for your help,
Ruth:confused:

I've never heard of having to have to seperate tickets. How long is your stay would AP's be better priced? In crunching numbers for our stay If I bought PHP's for the family it would cost more than Ap's. Are you buying a package?

Hi RuthAnne:

We just came back and we had a heat wave while there in the mid 90's and were thankful that we had 7 day park hopper plus's as they are good for a lifetime and we ended up doing more resort only days. The ultimate hoppers are good if you know for sure you will be going in every day, but if you end up taking a day off for whatever reason you still pay for that day.
Just something to think about.

Deb.

I can't answer your question directly (we've never bought UPHs) but here are a few other considerations...

Many people pooh-pooh :-)D pun intended) the UPHs for a variety of reasons, some of which have been outlined here. You are basically handcuffed to WDW for your entire visit, and although you certainly can visit USF, IoA, Sea World, etc., you have already paid for that day with your UPH, as Deb says. The one big advantage to the UPHs is they include admission to everywhere, including PI, WWoS, the water parks, so if you plan to hop from MK to TL to PI or DQ on the same day, that's a lot easier (and cheaper) to do with a UPH.

Questions to ask yourself:

1) Do we want to spend the whole trip at WDW, doing everything WDW has to offer? If yes, UPH is likely the best deal.

2) Will we be back to Orlando in less than 12 months? If you can arrange your trips accordingly you might look into buying APs. The breakeven point on the APs is 8 park days. We did that with our last 2 trips - we went in Jan 2001 and Dec 2001 and got two trips' worth from our APs. We did have to pay to get into DQ, but it was still cheaper than the UPHs.

3) Will we likely be back to Orlando sometime, not necessarily within 12 months, and want to do other things in the area? In that case, buy a 7-day PHP. You also get 4 "plusses" good for the water parks. They never expire, so you can use them anytime in the future.

Different people have different needs and wants - if the UPH is the way you'd like to go, great, but as the other posters have indicated it might be worthwhile to explore other options.

- Mike

Hi all, Mike nailed it! I actually made a chart with types of tickets and prices last year and broke it into cost per day to get the least $$$ ticket.

For us the CDN 7 Day HP was the best deal. We knew we would use all 7 days but we fit in a couple water park days and days off. These tickets worked best for us.

I think you need to just sit back, make a cup of tea, get a paper and pencil and write down what you want from WDW.

Things to consider:
*A total WDW experience
*Lots of resting and visiting resorts and other things to do in the area
*Lots of water parks

We are with Mike, next time we will buy AP's for the family and go twice without 12 months. The nice thing about AP's is you get deals of resorts too.

It's just homework. I love the homework part! S

Thanks everyone! What a lot of great information!!

I had intended to purchase the UPH for the length of our stay 3 days at CBR and 4 at CSR however I can see from your info that this might not be such a great idea!

We get in late on July 23 and leave early on the 30 so I am better off with a 6 day plus hopper.

I had originally thought that the 6 day was exactly right for us but DS here can't get the six day. The UPH would have to be purchased as separate tickets for each resort. (or so CRO told me) and I won't use all the days so it's not best for us.

I am going to order the 6 day plus pass from Mapleleaf!

We are not planning on doing anything but Disney this trip because as mentioned above it will be HOT and my DS hasn't beento Disney before so six days onsite the whole time will please everyone.

I like the idea of getting back to the resort for a swim.

Thanks again for the extremely helpful information!!
:D Rooth

Another things to consider if you think you'll have days left on your passes at the end of the trip and are intending on returning to WDW sometime is to buy the 7-day PHP rather than the 6-day. The incremental cost is only US$33 each, and for that extra $33 you get one additional park day and one additional plus.

As if you don't have enough to think about now. :)

- Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter