Split stay dining plan advice for a Disney veteran ...

Johnson1220

Mouseketeer
We are heading 'home' on 4/11/18. Staying at BLT for 4 nights, heading to Universal HRH for 4 night and then back to Disney for 2 nights.

We are going to buy 7 day hoppers but in terms of the dining plan, how will it work? Since we are at Disney on the front and back end can I just add the Dining plan for 7 days even though it's a split stay?

Or do I have to make two separate purchases? Since the tix will be used w/in a 14 day window it makes sense to buy the 7 day vs a 3 and 4 day ticket.

It is a bummer that we are not really getting any deals but it April school break in New England so we are used to it ... lol.

Thanks!

We are heading 'home' on 4/11/18. Staying at BLT for 4 nights, heading to Universal HRH for 4 night and then back to Disney for 2 nights.

We are going to buy 7 day hoppers but in terms of the dining plan, how will it work? Since we are at Disney on the front and back end can I just add the Dining plan for 7 days even though it's a split stay?

Or do I have to make two separate purchases? Since the tix will be used w/in a 14 day window it makes sense to buy the 7 day vs a 3 and 4 day ticket.

It is a bummer that we are not really getting any deals but it April school break in New England so we are used to it ... lol.

Thanks!

You'll want to do a regular package with your first stay that includes tickets and dining, then you need a ticketless package on the back end that is just room and dining plan.

One positive to this is you could try the DxDDP on that back end if it's something you've always wanted to do.

Forgot to say, you have to call to get the ticketless package; you cannot do that part online.

Just keep in mind that each dining plan stands alone and the credits expire at the end of the day you check out of each reservation.

We often do the dining plan on split stay (for us just changing resorts), but often only on one of the reservations. We plan our more expensive meals during the dining plan portion of the trip and pay OOP for the other half. It may make sense for you not to do the plan on the last few days and plan your less expensive meal options during that time.

Are you DVC? When we did our DVC split stays, we had the room only reservation, 7 day tickets and then two dining plans. You’ll need one for each reservation and as noted above, you’ll need to use up the credits from each stay prior to midnight on check out night. Since the dining plan is tied to the reservation, you can’t do it for all 7 nights combined. The price isn’t any different though, it’s just that you don’t get the convenience of pooling all 7 days of credits together. I agree with the previous poster, it’s a great opportunity to try deluxe dining for a portion of your trip since you have to split it up anyway!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!