Added Trips! Now May, August, October & December!!! What?

Yay I am all caught up, sounds like some good plans are unfolding and hooray for the AP’s. There should be a warning in the AP’s. Once you have one you will always want one lol!

We will be there for Festival of the Arts the end of January, excited to see all the beautiful art again, your daughters will enjoy all the places you can join in on the art work!

We are also August travelers every year! Our plan is 8/17-8/27 in 2019, hoping to make the Poly or Contemporary our home this time.

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

Life is crazy right now! Morgan tried out for the "real" swim team and made it! She is on the secondary team but that is perfect for her, a good way to get her feet wet with the team. We are busy doing basketball games, and gymnastics. Gwen is loving gymnastics but starting to get frustrated because she hasn't mastered her cartwheel yet. I keep telling her she is doing great, as she just started this year, but the other girls can do them. She is getting very close, though. So, I am hopefully she will figure it out before she get too discouraged.

And then there is you know, that holiday coming up! I do think I have most if not all of my shopping done. Which feels good. But this is when I start to go over board because I feel like I didn't buy enough because it is all tucked away hidden and not all in on massive pile.

But really, you want to know about Disney stuff, right?!? Well, the biggest news is that we are all now officially Annual Passholders! I purchased the girls passes this morning! I am sooooooo excitied about this. And to @disneyAndi14's point... I think I might have created a monster in Andy. We were hanging the Christmas lights outside and he asked about the annually passes. He is very concerned that our resort day will be too cold to swim. But he seemed very pleased with the idea of having the passes and being able to just hop to a park without worry about it.

And of course, I have fast passes to book on Friday! Well, I think... Does anyone remember when they used to send those magnets that had your fastpass date on it? I miss those... Now they don't really tell you.

I will leave you with this story that Gwen had to write for school. The topic was a time that they were surprised...
Unknown

Unknown-1

Unknown-2

Hopefully you can read all of it! I think we have created a monster... And funny story, her teacher had a baby on Halloween, so she has been out on maternity leave. She had come in last week with the baby but didn't want to come down to the classroom. So, they call Gwen down to the office, so Gwen could see the baby. (Morgan had this teacher when she was in 3rd grade and currently has her husband as a teacher now) Wehn Gwen told us this story, I asked her, when they called your name, what did you think? Did you think you were going to Disney? And Gwen said in a very quiet voice.... "kind of..."

32415380498_62ec40f6ef.jpg
I love her ending!!! Wouldn't you be surprised if it happened to you? You should tell your parents to surprise you with Disney!! :) Best ever!

He is very concerned that our resort day will be too cold to swim. But he seemed very pleased with the idea of having the passes and being able to just hop to a park without worry about it.
I think the weather in Orlando just yo-yos so much, you'll never know! I had those days which were 80-90 degrees (and I really wished I had the time to go to Typhoon Lagoon then), and then 48 hrs later it was 40-50 degrees! And your girls seem to like pools so much, they will deal with the cold!

Does anyone remember when they used to send those magnets that had your fastpass date on it? I miss those... Now they don't really tell you.
I think in those booklets they send now they have the deadlines in the back of them. Though, I usually just toss those in recycling immediately now-a-days!

Sounds like you created two monsters and I of course am totally in favor of that!!!!

I love her ending!!! Wouldn't you be surprised if it happened to you? You sh
I was pretty impressed with her opening and conclusion..

This website works for figuring out FP days!

FP Calculator

I love Gwen's story too! haha I always wanted my parents to surprise me with a Disney trip growing up but that never happened haha
Man, that says Saturday is my fastpass day. Blah... But thanks!!!

Very true, once ypu have that AP, you will be going more, lol!!

Good luck with the FP day.
Thanks!

Hi Everyone!!!

So, turns out I was able to make the 1st 4 days of fast passes. Which is really the days I was most worried about. But of course, I was busy at work and it was a bit stressfull! And I have gotten a first hand look at the non-sense that is happening with MyDisney Expierence. I know most of you know.. but what the.... Disney needs to get there acts together!!!!

I got Slinky Dog and FOP fastpasses at the house, then I drove to work and decided to change the times and now the app shows both! I mean, I would LOVE to keep both of each... But that isn't happening. And then at one point it showed on the desktop version that the fastpasses were only for 1 person not 4! I also may have booked one with @Lesley Wake by mistake. But I am not sure at the moment since neither views seem to be correct.

So, this is what I got so far...

Friday:
We should arrive to MCO around 2:00.
So, I booked fastpasses for EPCOT starting at 5:00. I think this should be ok. as really we need to be in EPCOT by 6:55 to use the first one.
Spaceship Earth 5:00 - 6:00
Frozen Ever After 6:00 - 7:00
Mission Space 7:25 - 8:25
There were no test track fastpasses, did they announce it going down for a refurb?
I wanted Frozen but was going to get Test Track, so I took advantage of the lack of TT to get my pic!
I am not dyeing to go on Mission Space again, but really the choices are slim in EPCOT.

Saturday:
7DMT: 9:30 - 10:30
BTMR: 10:30 - 11:30
Space Mountain: 11:30 - 12:30
Be Our Guest Lunch Reservation @ 12:30
California Grill Dinner Reservation @ 7:30
This day is the usual big mountains kind of fast pass day. I was thinking of doing Splash instead of Space, just for proximity but I don't want to be wet for lunch, either. Thoughts?

Sunday:
Hollywood Studios Day!
There are EMH this morning, So my "plan" is for us to get there before that park open, hopefully at least 15-20 minutes before. And we will hopefully be able to ride Slinky Dog first without a fastpass, then hopefully ride Alien Swirling Sauciers and Toy Story Mania as well before the let the masses in.
Rock n Roller Coaster: 10:00 - 11:00
Slinky Dog Dash: 11:00 - 12:00
Sci-Fi Drive Inn @ 12:30
Star Tours 1:30 - 2:30
I was debating about getting a later Slinky Dog fastpass, so we could ride at night, but I figure if things don't work out with EMH, at least we get to ride at least once. Right?

Monday:
Animal Kingdom Day!
Flight of Passage: 9:05 - 10:05
Kilamajaro Safari: 10:10 - 11:10
Exhibition Everest 11:30 - 12:30
BOMA @ 5:00 PM
My goal really this day was to make sure I got FOP, so Job accomplished!

So, that is where I am at with the planning! I hope everyone is getting ready for the holidays! I am exhausted!

I got Slinky Dog and FOP fastpasses at the house, then I drove to work and decided to change the times and now the app shows both! I mean, I would LOVE to keep both of each... But that isn't happening. And then at one point it showed on the desktop version that the fastpasses were only for 1 person not 4! I also may have booked one with @Lesley Wake by mistake. But I am not sure at the moment since neither views seem to be correct.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! And you totally did add me to one! (I blurred out your last names because I don’t remember if you have used it on these boards! I was stupid and used mine and now it is just too late to change!)
F46C1557-C6C1-4945-9C3A-A16530D436D1.jpeg

There are EMH this morning, So my "plan" is for us to get there before that park open, hopefully at least 15-20 minutes before. And we will hopefully be able to ride Slinky Dog first without a fastpass, then hopefully ride Alien Swirling Sauciers and Toy Story Mania as well before the let the masses in.
Rock n Roller Coaster: 10:00 - 11:00
Slinky Dog Dash: 11:00 - 12:00
Sci-Fi Drive Inn @ 12:30
Star Tours 1:30 - 2:30
I was debating about getting a later Slinky Dog fastpass, so we could ride at night, but I figure if things don't work out with EMH, at least we get to ride at least once. Right?
Have you checked easywdw lately? I don’t know if 15-20 minutes will be early enough to be near the front of the pack?

There were no test track fastpasses, did they announce it going down for a refurb?
I've been hearing there are rumors of a refurb on TT! Seems like this is happening to a lot of people, as well as FPs being deleted or changed. Hmm....

Have you checked easywdw lately? I don’t know if 15-20 minutes will be early enough to be near the front of the pack?
I was actually going to say the same. I think you will probably have to plan on being there even earlier, sadly!

Hi Everyone!!!

So, turns out I was able to make the 1st 4 days of fast passes. Which is really the days I was most worried about. But of course, I was busy at work and it was a bit stressfull! And I have gotten a first hand look at the non-sense that is happening with MyDisney Expierence. I know most of you know.. but what the.... Disney needs to get there acts together!!!!
I love reading your trip reports! Thanks for writing up your experiences. I have learned so much from these. Just curious how you made you fast passes for your dates already? We are going at the same time and I thought my FP date is coming up in a couple of weeks. Is it something to do with having an AP?

Instead of Splash for Space maybe just switch the times for Space and BTMR? Space is closer to 7DMT so that will cut down on some back and forth

Hi Everyone!!!!

I have started a post literally like 4 times, and I get side tracked with this or that. I hope everyone had a great holiday! We def had a good holiday but man was I exhausted!!! This Christmas season kicked my butt!!! I have no idea why.

The weekend before Christmas we had 2 family/friend parties to go to. And I spent ALOT of time trying "defend" our trips to Disney. It def felt like family just didn't get "it". And were even a little "mean" about it. After the 2nd party, I just came home and read some of everyones posts to drown them out! Ha!

We are currently watching Syracuse play in the Camping Bowl which is in Orlando!!! I tried to get DH to want to go but the thought of crowds in Disney (cause you know we can't go to Orlando and not go to Disney) was just not what he was looking forward to. Which is fine, we have a year of trips to look forward to. BUT the Syracuse Marching Band got to march down main street yesterday! (Andy and I were both in the Syracuse Marching Band) I was def jealous.

So, I have to get my butt in gear!!! I really haven't thought too too much about our trip since my big post with my plans at the time! And I am starting to panic a little. I just need to get back into planning mode!

I did get the rest of my fastpasses and did tweek the ones I already posted here, to hopefully make more sense. here is where my plans are at the moment. They are pretty set, I think...

Friday:
Land in Orlando @ 2:00, Check into Caribean Beach
EPCOT to activate Annual Passes & Check out Festival of Arts Stuff
Spaceship Earth: 5-6
Frozen: 6-7
Mission Space: Green 7:25 - 8:25
Dinner at Counter Service and/or Festival of Arts Booths

Saturday:
Magic Kingdom Day!
Park Hours: 9:00 - 8:00
  • 7DMT: 11:40 -12:40
  • BTMR: 10:30 - 11:30
  • Space Mountain: 1:30 - 2:30
Be Our Guest Lunch @ 12:30
California Grill @ 7:30
I am on the fence on BOG lunch. I want to go in there again, but the food kind of looks good. But it hasn't gotten the best reviews lately... I am still on the fence on California Grill. The menu only half appeals to me. But I do want to give it a try and feel like we should do it at least once!

Sunday:
Hollywood Studios Day
Park Hours: 9:00 - 8:00 (EMH 8-9)
Def want to pump the fam up for getting up early and being there ealy to get into with the front of the pack this am. We will see if that works.
  • Rock n' Rollercoaster: 10:00 - 11:00
  • Slinky Dog: 11:00 - 12:00
  • Star Tours: 1:30 - 2:30
Sci-Fi Drive-In @ 12:30
Gwen requested this, but I am super excited about this as well!

Monday:
Animal Kingdom Day
Park Hours: 9:00 - 8:00 PM (EMH 8-9)
I am hoping we can do EMH and ride Navi River Journey before our fast pass but we will see. As long as we are there by 9:00 that will be good.
  • Flight of Passage: 9:05 - 10:05
  • Safari: 10:10 - 11:10
  • Everest: 12:30 - 1:30
BOMA @ 5:00 PM
Def looking forward to this. I cancelled the later reservation. We will be ready to sit by then. If we want to go back, we can try otherwise we will just head back to the hotel.

Tuesday:
Magic Kingdom Day.
We need to check out of Caribean Beach and Check into the Poly!!
  • Haunted Mansion: 11:00 - 12:00
  • Splash Mountain: 1:00 - 2:00
  • BTMR: 2:00 - 3:00
Ohana @ 4:00
Ohana @ 6:00
Still not sure which to keep. So, I am just going to hold on to both for now...

Wednesday:
Rest Day!!!!
Hopefully the weather will be good and we can swim, relax, enjoy the Poly. I booked fastpasses JUST in case...
  • Jungle Cruise: 10:30 - 11:30
  • Pirates: 11:45 - 12:45
  • Mickey: 1:30 - 2:30
Kona Cafe Breakfast @ 9:15AM

Thursday:
Check out of the Poly - DAH MK Night!!
Today sounds messy... I am thinking swimming one last time, change, pass bags to bell hop to move to your next resort. Hit Animal Kingdom for FoP ride. Then head to Riverside to relax a bit before heading to Magic Kingdom. It sounds like too much and we will probably have to choose swimming or FOP...
DAH: 8:00 - 11:00
  • Everest: 12:30 - 1:30
  • Flight Of Passage: 1:30 - 2:30
  • Primevel Whirl: 2:30 - 3:30
Skipper Canteen @ 6:15
I am not completely set on keeping this. I am torn with the idea of sitting and getting feuled up for the night and feeling like we might be wasting so pre-event time...

Friday:
Post DAH Event
Hollywood Studios to ride Slinky then EPCOT
Park Hours: HS 9-9 and EPCOT 9-9
  • Slinky Dog: 10:55 - 11:55
  • Tower Of Terror: 12:05 - 1:05
  • Rock n' Rollercoaster: 1:05 - 2:05
Bon Voyage Breakfast @ 7:45 AM
Via Napoli @ 5:30
Pretty sure I am going to cancel Bon Voyage Breakfast. I will book it for you summer trip. And that way was can rest a little in the morning and eventually make it over to Hollywood Studios in time for Slinky Dog.

Saturday:
Last Full Day
Magic Kingdom ALL DAY!!
Park Hours: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
  • 7DMT: 11:10 - 12:10
  • Splash Mountain: 3:00 - 4:00
Plaza Breakfast @ 8AM
Plaza Lunch @ 12:05
I am not sure which I want to do. I have to look at the Breakfast menu again. Any one have strong thougths?

After Fireworks Dessert Party

That is it for now. I have to start reviewing Festival of Arts Food Booths and figuring out Tinkerbell Gifts for the girls!

Your plans look great!

Tuesday:
Magic Kingdom Day.
We need to check out of Caribean Beach and Check into the Poly!!
  • Haunted Mansion: 11:00 - 12:00
  • Splash Mountain: 1:00 - 2:00

This looks like our only overlap day. We're hoping to be picking up extra FPs in Adventureland about when you're riding the mountains in Frontierland. Maybe we'll run into you guys. We'll be on MK Thursday, too, but we'll leave for dinner reservations before you get there for DAH.

Which reminds me, it looks like you guys picked some great extras. DAH and the dessert party both look like lots of fun. If only my kids didn't turn into pumpkins promptly at 8pm...

Which reminds me, it looks like you guys picked some great extras. DAH and the dessert party both look like lots of fun. If only my kids didn't turn into pumpkins promptly at 8pm...
One day! The last trip, we really were able to stay out later. I do have to still make sure we balance out rest time. But if we keep the day semi-relaxing they will make it. Plus this time of year it starts at 8:00 which is much better than starting at 11:00.

This looks like our only overlap day. We're hoping to be picking up extra FPs in Adventureland about when you're riding the mountains in Frontierland. Maybe we'll run into you guys.
I will PM you and give you my cell number! (If you want) It will be easier to try and say a quick hello, if we are in the same area! I would love to meet you and your girls!

Your plans look great!
Thanks! I always feel better when I post an update and take the time to gather my thoughts. You know?

I will PM you and give you my cell number! (If you want) It will be easier to try and say a quick hello, if we are in the same area! I would love to meet you and your girls!

Sure, that'd be fun. :-)

One day! The last trip, we really were able to stay out later. I do have to still make sure we balance out rest time. But if we keep the day semi-relaxing they will make it. Plus this time of year it starts at 8:00 which is much better than starting at 11:00.

I'm not sure I could even hang for an event that started at 11, if we're being honest. Maybe back in college...

Thanks! I always feel better when I post an update and take the time to gather my thoughts. You know?

Definitely! Sometimes writing it all down and looking it over helps you make final decisions, realize mistakes, and generally feel more confident in your choices.

Hopefully you can read all of it! I think we have created a monster...

I love her story!! That is too sweet, it has to make you feel really good about surprising them on the trips. I love the idea of a surprise trip but I think I'd be terrible at keeping the secret. I would probably let it slip by mistake, but maybe we'll try when our girls are older! It sounds like it really made an impression on Gwen.

And I spent ALOT of time trying "defend" our trips to Disney.

Ugh, I know the feeling! I think we're getting a few eye raises when we tell people we're going again next year... and we've only been going once a year. I feel like people either "get" Disney or they don't :-D And I'm also thankful to have these boards so I don't drive people nuts in real life by only talking about Disney.

It sounds like your plans are coming together nicely! If we were to do BOG again we would definitely go for lunch. It's fun to visit inside the castle, but I feel like the experience is better than the food for the most part. We ate at California Grill once and had a really nice experience! I was eating vegan at the time though, but they put something special together for me and everyone else loved their food.

Skipping Bon Voyage would be sad but it's awesome that you know you will be back so soon so you can always add it next time. After our last trip I don't think we could be out until close to midnight and then make it to breakfast that early. I love that you have the flexibility of spreading things out over multiple trips.

I love her story!! That is too sweet, it has to make you feel really good about surprising them on the trips. I love the idea of a surprise trip but I think I'd be terrible at keeping the secret. I would probably let it slip by mistake, but maybe we'll try when our girls are older! It sounds like it really made an impression on Gwen
It really does! I have become the suprise queen with the girls, I didn't set out to be that, but it just kind of happened that way. Our last trip, Morgan knew about it, but Gwen didn't and Morgan ended up writing up clues for her.

I also decorate there doors for there birthdays, just with streamers and balloons. And they look forward to it each year. Last Mother's Day, the girls decorated my door for me. It was so sweet and it showed that they do appriciate it. Which is good to know!

Skipping Bon Voyage would be sad but it's awesome that you know you will be back so soon so you can always add it next time. After our last trip I don't think we could be out until close to midnight and then make it to breakfast that early. I love that you have the flexibility of spreading things out over multiple trips.
It is nice knowing that I can put some things and restaurants on the list for the next trip! I already have a few!

• Bon Voyage Breakfast
  • Sanaa
  • Rose & Crown
  • Le Celier
  • Tusker House

Happy Monday Everyone!

I am off today, and enjoying 4 days off in a row with nothing to do!!! It has been glorious!!!

I just shifted our Skipper Canteen dinner reservation from 6:15 to 5:00. Our Skipper Canteen reservation is the day we are going to be doing the DAH Event. This day is really giving me a run for my money... I am just not sure what to do. So I need some advise!!!!

The Facts:
So, this day we need to check out of the Poly and check into Riverside.
As of now, I have Fast Passes for Animal Kingdom early afternoon:
  • Everest @ 12:20 - 1:30
  • Flight of Passage @ 1:30 - 2:30
  • And apparently Dinosaur @ 2:30 - 3:30!!!! - I def did not have this as a fast pass! Ugh.
I am going to do the early check-in for Riverside and put an earlier than 3 check in time. I know it's not guarenteed, but it can't hurt.
And we now have a dinner reservation at Skipper Canteen @ 5:00 PM

My Questions to you:
With staying DVC side, can we request a late check out? Can I do that before we check in, or only while we are there?
Part of me just wants to chill at the Poly and swim. Hence the question about a later check out.
But then I made the Animal Kingdom Fast Passes to get another ride on Flight of Passage and give us something to do between hotel rooms.

If we did Animal Kingdom, we could leave the Poly at 11-ish, (which would be when we would need to be out of the room) and head over to Animal Kingdom. Figure we get there by noon. That would give us time to eat counter service lunch, maybe ride a ride before FOP. Ride FOP and then head out no later than 3:00? I would probably like to leave closer to 2:00? Check into Riverside, relax from 3-5? Then head over, See, I already talked myself out of my 5:00

If we just hang at the Poly, even if we don't get a late check out, I can just keep a small bag with us with change of clothes. Just chill at the pool, grab lunch here, change and head from the Poly to Riverside when we get our notification that our room is ready. Chill some more and head out by 4:00 to get to Magic Kingdom.

That actually sounds better. But I guess it is good to have both as options, just in case it is too cold to swim that day.

What does everyone think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts