Splitting resorts for 6 night stay

Kimkimba

Miracles happen to those who believe - I believe,
I have the Polynesian booked for our trip in Sept for 6 nights. It's the GV concierge at $234 a night plus tax (comes to like $1558). I was relooking our budget and thought maybe we should stay somewhere a little cheaper for 2 or 3 nights and then stay at the Poly for the remainder. I already have our airfare so it's 6 nights. I have a postcard for $79 moderates during this time. Advice? It's all up to me so my dh and dd (13) are no help.

I've split many stays with my DD (11). We often do both a moderate & deluxe. Since your DD is 13, you might try CSR - the pool is great, and there are 2 arcades, water mouse rentals, and beach volleyball. We prefer the cabanas section because it's close to El Centro, the Dig Site, and 2 bus stops. Also, you can catch the bus to Downtown Disney and hop off at the Boardwalk, enjoy it, and then go to Epcot through the World Showcase entrance. Whatever you decide, hope you have a great time!:D

Splitting a stay sounds like a lot of fun. We always enjoy visiting the different resorts. We had a great stay at Port Orleans Riverside (back when it was Dixie Landings). It's a bit smaller than the Caribbean Beach (which we also enjoyed) so it's much quieter and has a more relaxed feel. Enjoy your vacation!

I've never done this before but will be splitting reservations in Dec. Three nights @ ASMu and two nights @ CBR, subject to change if I can get an AP rate!!! :p

I personally think that 6 nights is too short to split a stay. Just as you get used to a room, you have to move, and would be more disruptive than anything. You kind of lose that "home feeling" and have to become acclimated all over again. I am going 6 nights in Feb/03 and considered splitting WL/Poly since I can't decide, but thought it would be more of a headache. Does abyone have a 6 night experience of splitting? :smooth: :smooth:

I think it's great fun to split your stay. Make the deluxe your last resort - it feels like you're "stepping up".

I always get a car so it's not a big deal for me to move myself. But, I think without a car, it would be fine too. I understand the Disney folks will transport your luggage.

No, I don't think 6 nights is too short for splitting. It's a lot of fun to explore different resorts - and, that can be done in 3 nights.

We just returned and did 2 moves over 12 nights. We started our trip off-site at Vistana Villages for 7 nights. Then we moved to PO-R for 4 nights. When planning our trip, we decided to add one more night, but PO-R was booked for the discount code we had, so we added 1 night at the Poly.

As far as switching goes, I really think it depends on how much stuff you have, and how organized you are. It also takes a little planning. We had a car, so we moved ourselves instead of relying on the resorts to do it. Our first switch was planned on a non-park day, so we didn't lose any time in the parks to do it. Our 2nd switch was on a park day, but wasn't a problem. We packed most of our stuff the night before, loaded up the car in the a.m. and headed MGM. Mid-afternoon we checked-in at the Poly, went for a swim and headed to MK for enight.

We enjoyed getting to stay at several resorts, but did wish we'd had more time at the Poly. I think that splitting a 6-night stay would be alright, but don't know if I would do it with less than 6 nights.

I have no problem with splitting stays, even on a 6 night trip. Your luggage is transferred for you, and I think it's fun to experience more than one resort per stay sometimes!

We are splitting also for the first time. 3 nights at Polynesian Lagoon view Concierge and 4 nights at BCV. I love the Epcot area resorts, but also need my monorail "fix"

We just got back and stayed 5 nights at FR-QT and 4 at WL. We loved it and will do it from now on. We did have a car. We checked in WL at 8:30, went to the park and came back at 2:00 and our room was ready. If we would of stayed 9 nights at FR-QT i think we would of got boarded with it. It seemed like two vacations... we loved it...corvair

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter