Splitting Stays - How Many Days?

MauraAndIainsDad

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone. Just wanted an opinion from those of you who have split your stays at different resorts.

We had a hard time deciding between AKL and WL for an upcoming long weekend trip (4 nights). I have never split my stays between different resorts before but it seems like many of you have done this and do it quite often. My question is - how long should you stay to make this worthwhile and enjoyable? If we split between AKL and WL, is 2 days at each resort enough to completely enjoy the advantages of each resort?

Thanks!

I've done 2 day splits on 3 different trips, and enjoyed each one. We just "live" out of our suitcases and if it's a new resort, we try to check in 1st thing in the am & take whatever room is ready so we can spend the day enjoying the resort. It's an easy way to check out the different resorts, and if you are early risers, you can go to a park at opening and then spend the afternoon enjoying your resort, and then hit another park or DD in the evening. We often take a cab so our luggage is with us if a room happens to be available. If not, we store our luggage, go to a park and then return when our room is ready. Splitting a long weekend is not real relaxing, but WDW is so packed with activities, that I rarely vacation there to "relax" -LOL! Try it!:cool:

I just did it, June 13 we were at the AKL, the 14th we were at Poly and the 15-16 we stayed at BWI. We just live out of our suitcases. each time we got to the hotell about 11am and the rooms were ready. I don't know if I would do it with little kids but for adults it wasn't bad at all.:)

I'd do atleast 3-4 nights at each resort. We switched one time, 4 nights at 2 resorts. If I'd do it again, it would have to be 7 nights at each resort. :)

Originally posted by MauraAndIainsDad
Hi everyone. Just wanted an opinion from those of you who have split your stays at different resorts.

We had a hard time deciding between AKL and WL for an upcoming long weekend trip (4 nights). I have never split my stays between different resorts before but it seems like many of you have done this and do it quite often. My question is - how long should you stay to make this worthwhile and enjoyable? If we split between AKL and WL, is 2 days at each resort enough to completely enjoy the advantages of each resort?

Thanks!

2 nights at each resort isn't a lot of time .. but if you really want to experience a split stay, then sure, go for it! I did it for the first time last year on our "big" summer trip, with 6 nights at the Grand and 5 at the AKL, and am doing the same this year.

I have done lots of split stays and we have determined that the least amount of time that works is 3 days... if you are doing parks and such. If you stay ess than that, you don't have time to relax and get the feel of the resort. If you aren't going to any parks 2 days would work.

I always split stays at WDW - usually 3 times a trip. I agree with the other posts that a minimum of 3 nights is best, but if you are dying to try a new resort then definitely go for it!! Why don't you just add an extra night and make life a little easier. If you could do 3nts at one resort and 2 nights at the other it will make your vacation a little less hectic.

We have only split stays when we stay for along time.

A few trips we stayed off site for the first night or two. We packed a separte suitcase with all our clothes so we wouldn't have to be digging thru several suitcases.

I did my very first split stay on my last trip. I did 3 nights at the Yacht Club and 3 nights at the Polynesian.

It was okay but we never really felt settled and lived out of our suitcases the whole time. I wouldn't do it again for just 3 nights at each. I would do 4 nights at each at the very least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter