Spring break - we're not in college anymore Toto - Feb 2018 TR

Woot!!!!

Wait.... <does the math>

Hey!!!!!!
Take yer bonus points and dance with glee.

Good idea. Very curious to see how that burger comes out on the yum scale.
According to @cj9200 (unless I'm getting TRs mixed up), the burger at B&C is well worth the trip as well.

Correct. Sorry. Just the way it is.
:sad:

Loopholes. Always loopholes.
I'm a lot smarter than I look.
<realizes that ain't saying much>
Carp!

I'm kidding of course.
I know that I really liked everything I mentioned, but am fully aware that tastes differ.
I've also tried the pot roast and found it to be pretty good. Not nearly as good as mine, but not bad.

I might suggest:
A Sampling of Mom's Favorite Recipes - golden-fried chicken, fork tender pot roast, and traditional meatloaf with all the fixings.

I've also heard good things about:
Dad's Stuffed Pork Chop - Gouda cheese, apples and herbs with roasted Potatoes and carrots and demi-glace drizzle
I knew you were kidding...I was attempting to kid right back. Guess I kidded left instead.

Okay. Now that makes sense. Since I've (for me) been fairly recently, there are some sacrifices I'd be willing to make. And... since I haven't been yet, I forgot all about Pandora. Yeah, not skipping that.
But I would skip DHS for Epcot. But would be a sad about missing TOT and RNRC.

The only cinnamon bun as big as your head that I know of is at Gaston's Tavern. That's not to say there aren't other places though.
I think she said her son Chris got one at AK and couldn't finish it. I'll have to find that reference.
The last trip we did a full day at EPCOT and MK, so this time, it's more slated toward the 2 we didn't do last time. Also, since DW didn't get to do Everest, it's one of the ones I did for her. Since DW's favorite ride is BTMRR and she loved 7DMT as well, MK is a must and Wed was EMH for MK, so best option for that day. DW didn't tell me which parks she wanted to do, she told me to just pick them and I want to at least try the Avatar stuff so I can decide for the future if it's a must do or a "glad it takes people away from Everest" for me.

Take yer bonus points and dance with glee.

yippee.... :sad2:

According to @cj9200 (unless I'm getting TRs mixed up), the burger at B&C is well worth the trip as well.

I have heard it was best on property... but that's not really saying much.

I'm a lot smarter than I look.
<realizes that ain't saying much>
Carp!

:laughing:

I knew you were kidding...I was attempting to kid right back. Guess I kidded left instead.

Oh, I know you're kidding too. :)

Just figured I'd add in a bit more data for you ponder.

The last trip we did a full day at EPCOT and MK, so this time, it's more slated toward the 2 we didn't do last time.

So exactly what I kinda said... except different parks.

I want to at least try the Avatar stuff so I can decide for the future if it's a must do or a "glad it takes people away from Everest" for me.

I just read almost the exact same thing on another TR.

Hi :yay: We just got back today from our F&W trip so I need to catch up here, but YES! Chris got a Mickey-shaped cinnamon roll at Kusafiri Bakery in AK (Africa) in August :thumbsup2 That thing was HUGE! It's different than the extremely delicious BUN at Gastons as this is definitely more a roll-ish pastry, but Chris loved it.
Be back soon to read up :surfweb:

I said I'd wait about a week before revealing some of our plans and here are the current ADRs and planned park days. This should give you a good idea of where we're planning to be each day.
Well, I bombed that one...

So, obviously, I can't score the contest yet since these are just ADRs and might be cancelled or we may call an audible at some point.
So does that mean I can change all my answers? :rolleyes1

Going to try and do like Andy did and get a FP for FOP (so we don't have to fight the rope drop crowd) and doing Everest rope drop.
Good call. Although I'd hope the FOP RD isn't quite as bad as it was this summer. From what I've seen there's still a rush, but it is probably about 1/3 as bad as it was when we were there.

I'm a big star wars fan (well, episodes IV - VI [and 3.5 - rogue 1]). The first 3 were okay (except Jar Jar) and the last one (episode VII) I didn't like at all.
Aw... I liked VII... although it really was just a re-hash of old stories, I thought it did a nice job introducing us to a new generation. I look forward to seeing where it goes from here!

The sad part for me is we won't be going to EPCOT, so no BierGarten for me (my favorite), but the good part is we're trying all new restaurants...none of the ADRs are ones we've been to before!!!
What??? You're staying right there by the International Gateway and not going to EPCOT????? :faint:

Well, I bombed that one...

So does that mean I can change all my answers? :rolleyes1
Sure, you can change all of your answers.
Won't change the answers I have recorded, but yep!

Good call. Although I'd hope the FOP RD isn't quite as bad as it was this summer. From what I've seen there's still a rush, but it is probably about 1/3 as bad as it was when we were there.
Yeah, I figure it won't be as bad, but it's still the latest greatest for many folks, so still expect it to be on the top of list for many.

Aw... I liked VII... although it really was just a re-hash of old stories, I thought it did a nice job introducing us to a new generation. I look forward to seeing where it goes from here!
That was one thing I didn't like about it (same story, different characters)
Others
1) That an un-trained stormtrooper could survive more than .000001 second against the dark side head (or 2nd) honcho
2) Kylo ren is a Darth wannabe, but is so not intimidating (I literally laughed at him several times)
3) The fighter battle had several physically impossible moves. I understand it's a different galaxy, but if you're going that fast, you can't just suddenly be going 90 degrees in a different direction like that <snaps fingers>
4) A planet sucking up the power of a sun??? I can see a death star with a reactor and weapon that can decimate a planet, but a planet containing all the energy of a sun? Nah! Also, that would kill EVERY planet in the system including the planet taking the energy. Just can't bring myself to accept that as even remotely feasible even in another galaxy.
5) BB8 - I know a lot of people fell in love with BB8, but a rolling steel ball across any terrain other than flat concrete or asphalt is not believable either. If anything smoother than concrete or asphalt, it would just spin for lack of traction. If anything with more unevenness than concrete or asphalt, not gonna be able to move.

I think there were one or two other things, but those are the ones that are higher in my NOPE list.

What??? You're staying right there by the International Gateway and not going to EPCOT????? :faint:

I know, I know. The original plan was to go to EPCOT and HS for exactly that reason. The days we're there coupled with when parks had EMH coupled with DDs tickets are NOT park hopper (mine and DW are) coupled with we were at EPCOT our last trip coupled with the stupid tier system and limited rides at EPCOT we like helped steer us away. DW has to use ECV because of a foot injury, so shopping at WS isn't as enjoyable for her as it once was. MK has two of DW's favorite rides, so it was necessary. None of us have seen ROL nor ridden Avatar and we like Everest and the safari. I haven't done Rafiki's train and I like trains, so wanting to do that this time. ToT is one of DW's favorite and RnRC is for me and DD (DW likes it, but not favorite). I want to see what they've done with Star wars thus far and none of us have seen SW fireworks.
So, roll that all up into a big ball and that's why no EPCOT.

Depending on what other plans we have for HS day, I may run over to EPCOT by myself for a few things, but since DDs tickets aren't park hopper, we can't all go.

1) That an un-trained stormtrooper could survive more than .000001 second against the dark side head (or 2nd) honcho
See number 2.

2) Kylo ren is a Darth wannabe, but is so not intimidating (I literally laughed at him several times)
I've said that myself. I kind of make fun of him as being this moody teenager who has this massive power but lacks maturity and focus. Hence why a stormtrooper can hang with him.

3) The fighter battle had several physically impossible moves. I understand it's a different galaxy, but if you're going that fast, you can't just suddenly be going 90 degrees in a different direction like that <snaps fingers>
It's different technology and different gravitational pull. They can make it work. However, the pilot would be turned to scrambled eggs... so yeah I'll give you that one.

4) A planet sucking up the power of a sun??? I can see a death star with a reactor and weapon that can decimate a planet, but a planet containing all the energy of a sun? Nah! Also, that would kill EVERY planet in the system including the planet taking the energy. Just can't bring myself to accept that as even remotely feasible even in another galaxy.
I've got no argument here... I had the same reaction, but just suspended disbelief and went with it. I mean, if we want to go with physical impossibilities, I give you the lightsaber as exhibit A.

5) BB8 - I know a lot of people fell in love with BB8, but a rolling steel ball across any terrain other than flat concrete or asphalt is not believable either. If anything smoother than concrete or asphalt, it would just spin for lack of traction. If anything with more unevenness than concrete or asphalt, not gonna be able to move.
I like him. But yeah. The sand on Jakku would be a problem. But then again, I can't see that being any more unreasonable than R2D2 moving through the sand dunes on Tattooine.

I like him. But yeah. The sand on Jakku would be a problem. But then again, I can't see that being any more unreasonable than R2D2 moving through the sand dunes on Tattooine.

I guess it's more believable to me because R2D2 had wheels underneath his legs. Obviously, I can't tell with any certainty, but they appeared to be rubber. If the wheels had some type of blade/bar to scrape off the sand, it's at least possible if not probable.

I guess it's more believable to me because R2D2 had wheels underneath his legs. Obviously, I can't tell with any certainty, but they appeared to be rubber. If the wheels had some type of blade/bar to scrape off the sand, it's at least possible if not probable.
Have you ever driven in loose sand? Even with 3 wheels, the diameter of them would have to be rather small and they'd also be skinny. You'd want big, wide tires to keep afloat on the sand regardless of what material they're made of. Honestly, if there was a little bit of tread on BB8 rather than a smooth round surface, he should have much less trouble with getting across loose sand than R2D2 would. Just too much weight there on a very small footprint.

Have you ever driven in loose sand? Even with 3 wheels, the diameter of them would have to be rather small and they'd also be skinny. You'd want big, wide tires to keep afloat on the sand regardless of what material they're made of. Honestly, if there was a little bit of tread on BB8 rather than a smooth round surface, he should have much less trouble with getting across loose sand than R2D2 would. Just too much weight there on a very small footprint.
Good points.
Unfortunately, my only good point is the top of my head.

But I've heard it said, R2D2 was 3 wheel drive! Wonder if he'll go muddin' next.

Good points.
Unfortunately, my only good point is the top of my head.

But I've heard it said, R2D2 was 3 wheel drive! Wonder if he'll go muddin' next.
Well, he handled the swamps in Dagobah better than you could have expected.

Well, this was supposed to be first round of scoring.

It isn't.

Please contain your joy...err sadness. Joy? Sadness? Okay fine, contain your ambivalence!

In going through the spreadsheet, I realized although I have the reservations and ADRs and other plans, until we actually do this, I can't tally the scores.
Right now plans are parks on day 2,4 and 6. (AK, MK and HS)
Can't score the restaurants guesses since we might change on the Trip.
Total days may be 6, may be 7, depending on whether we drive or fly. I'm leaning towards flying, but the baggage fees with spirit or frontier airlines may sway me away. Their flight fees are good, but baggage fees kill that quickly.

So, realistically, the ONLY things I could score now are what tour I already had booked and the other two I was considering, so at most the top score could be 15 (it's not). Kinda anti-climactic, so more waiting will ensue.

The good news is, there are very few playing, so your odds of winning a prize are high and I will come up with other scoring opportunities as we go.

Last edited:
So, realistically, the ONLY things I could score now are what tour I already had booked and the other two I was considering, so at most the top score could be 15 (it's not). Kinda anti-climactic, so more waiting will ensue.

Anti-climactic is my middle name.

No, wait.... it's my aunt's.
Except it's not "climactic" but Christa.

But very close.

The good news is, there are very few playing, so your odds of winning a prize are high and I will come up with other scoring opportunities as we go.

Can I change my answers once you post them?

Can I change my answers once you post them?
Sure, you can change all of your answers.
Won't change the answers I have recorded, but yep!

Now where have I heard that before?

Oh yeah, in my reply to Andy regarding the same question.

2/18 - Cape May Cafe Dinner
2/19 - Tusker House Lunch / ROL 1st show
2/19 - Rainforest cafe dinner
2/20 - Beaches & Cream - Lunch (late lunch)
2/20 - Il Mulino Dinner (also late due to late B&C lunch)
2/21 - Liberty tree tavern - lunch
2/21 - Crystal Palace
2/22 - Fresh Mediterranean market lunch
2/22 - Trail's End Restaurant Dinner
2/23 - 50's Prime time cafe lunch
2/24 - Hollywood & Vine dinner

Not one single one, I think I guessed. I think I couldn't have sucked more at this contest.

I've booked the Behind the magic of the trains tour (

Okay, that's at least a few points for me.

What he said!

I know, I know. The original plan was to go to EPCOT and HS for exactly that reason. The days we're there coupled with when parks had EMH coupled with DDs tickets are NOT park hopper (mine and DW are) coupled with we were at EPCOT our last trip coupled with the stupid tier system and limited rides at EPCOT we like helped steer us away. DW has to use ECV because of a foot injury, so shopping at WS isn't as enjoyable for her as it once was. MK has two of DW's favorite rides, so it was necessary. None of us have seen ROL nor ridden Avatar and we like Everest and the safari. I haven't done Rafiki's train and I like trains, so wanting to do that this time. ToT is one of DW's favorite and RnRC is for me and DD (DW likes it, but not favorite). I want to see what they've done with Star wars thus far and none of us have seen SW fireworks.
So, roll that all up into a big ball and that's why no EPCOT.

Depending on what other plans we have for HS day, I may run over to EPCOT by myself for a few things, but since DDs tickets aren't park hopper, we can't all go.

And that all makes sense. I do hope, however, you do get there at least once. :)

Right now plans are parks on day 2,4 and 6. (AK, MK and HS)

Well, more suck-a-thon goin' on here.

Not one single one, I think I guessed. I think I couldn't have sucked more at this contest.
No, you got Cape may cafe and the food court at Boardwalk is a high liklihood. If we stick with all our ADRs and don't call audibles, then you're definitely in the running...I think the top was pkondz with 3 matches.

Okay, that's at least a few points for me.
I'm not sure if I ask horrible questions or if it's just hard to guess with so many options. I imagine as this becomes a TR (after we've been), I'll be able to throw in some other questions that might have some hints and might be easier to guess now that y'all know the plans. i.e. I may end up asking "Did we keep our ADR for _____?" If not, where did we go instead? Since ya'll already know which parks we have planned, this will be a bit easier and there may be hints. Oh wait, did I say there might be hints?

And that all makes sense. I do hope, however, you do get there at least once. :)
I am definitely going to try. Remember me mentioning calling audibles...we may decide to do EPCOT Thursday instead of a resort day and just focus on the world showcase area and not concern ourselves with rides (or maybe only our favorite TT). I definitely want to try out the caramel place in Germany after reading about it in @afwdwfan TR (I think it was) and I love my tea, so the tea shop in the UK. I love German food and although I don't drink a lot, a beer and a pretzel in Germany is typically a must do for me also.

Well, more suck-a-thon goin' on here.
Just remember, it's a PTR at this point...things can (and likely will) change.

Okay, it's confession day!

I have a confession....

I'm disappointed in all of you (especially the Disdads).
For my question about how many times will I eat bacon, NOBODY got the right answer.....

EVERY CHANCE I GET!

2nd confession...

I'm thinking about scoring the contest using the concept (where possible) of how good your guesses were having absolutely no idea what parks or when we'd do. So, tallying up the scores for how many places you got right for where we have ADRs and what rides we're planning on riding. Obviously, some of my questions are totally unknown (even to me) such as what day(s) family may join us.

3rd confession...

I've never done a TR or PTR before. Oh, wait, you probably could tell due to my amateur mistakes. Me saying that in the beginning probably wasn't a dead giveaway or anything. So, although this ride may be bumpy, I hope it will be enjoyable, so buckle your seat belts, keep all hands and legs inside the vehicle at all times and understand my tickets for this ride are WAY WAY cheaper than Disney. :lmao:

I think the top was pkondz with 3 matches.

:cool1:

For my question about how many times will I eat bacon, NOBODY got the right answer.....

EVERY CHANCE I GET!

Isn't that what I said???

I'm thinking about scoring the contest using the concept (where possible) of how good your guesses were having absolutely no idea what parks or when we'd do. So, tallying up the scores for how many places you got right for where we have ADRs and what rides we're planning on riding. Obviously, some of my questions are totally unknown (even to me) such as what day(s) family may join us.

You're working too hard, dude!

So, although this ride may be bumpy, I hope it will be enjoyable

You're doing just fine. :)

EVERY CHANCE I GET!
Look, I might not have said it in those exact words, but I'd say my answer is pretty much outlining about every chance you're going to have to eat breakfast at Disney World!

Look, I might not have said it in those exact words, but I'd say my answer is pretty much outlining about every chance you're going to have to eat breakfast at Disney World!
True...we'll be there (as of now) 6 days, so 6 + 2 === you'll get the bonus points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!