SSR - building "by the walkway to Disney Springs"

LydiaRodarte-Quayle

Earning My Ears
Hello
I've booked through an agent and requested a building on an upper floor and close to the gym.

On the app, my preference appears as 1.By the walkway to Disney Springs and 2. Upper floor

There is a separate option called "near the carriage house" and I'm thinking I'd prefer that because I realised majority of the poor SSR reviews on trip advisor mention that they were too far from the carriage house.

My booking is for a "preferred" location. I find that odd because... Preferred by who??

So I guess my question is, how far is the building near the Disney Springs walkway from the carriage house? Also, is the gym in the carriage house and if not, how far is it from the springs walkway building? We won't visit Disney Springs as much as we'd visit the parks and we are keen to be near a main swimming pool that has lifeguards. We're not really after a quiet location. We want somewhere close to all the action!

Any other thoughts on this springs walkway location?

Thanks very much.

B1D42350-6BA7-4AE1-8E2F-7971DA0D450D.jpeg

If you booked preferred you should be in “The Springs” (D) or “Congress Park” (F). Congress park is the area closest to the Disney Springs walkway. If you want close access to the carriage house and fitness center (B) you should request The Springs. I would estimate from the furthest Congress Park room to the Carriage House would be a 10-12 min walk at a moderate pace. There is a nice feature pool at the carriage house although the one at The Paddock (E) is also nice.

Last edited:

The Springs would be closer to the gym than Congress Park. The gym is close to the tennis courts. You see a tiny weight lifter to show the gym/spa (with an AED right over his head). This is a separate building from the Carriage House (where you check in, shop and dine).

There are two different booking categories at SSR, standard (Paddock, Grandstand and Carousel) and preferred (Congress Park and Springs). You were booked into preferred.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter